1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dakota's Yota Build (Long Travel, Chevy 63s, and BS)

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by dakotasyota, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Oct 1, 2014 at 8:51 PM
    dakotasyota

dakotasyota [OP] Just a Fringe of the Ging in your Minge

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab, Manual, V6, 4x4, TRD Off-Road
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    When I got back I decided to stop thrashing her for a bit and gave 'er a beautiful detail. Washed, buffed, and waxed :D I got almost all of the scratches out!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Oct 8, 2014 at 8:30 PM
    gb42

gb42 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Geoff
    WA State
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM TRD OR DCSB MT
    Great looking truck man-it was nice meeting you today, enjoy the topper!

3. Oct 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    Total Chaos +2 LT w/ 2.5 x 8 Kings, 700 lb coils, Chevy 63s, BAMF Shock relocation, 12" King Smoothies, Locker Anytime Mod, 5% Tint All Around, 4xInnovations full skids, Custom Made Rock Sliders, 4xInnovations HC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, SOS Original Plate 2 Front Bumper, 130 w KC Slimlites, Homertaco Raptor Grill, Bestop Supertop, Smittybilt 9500 lb winch, Flowmaster 40 series, JVC deck w/ 12" Rockford Fosgate T1 in custom box, and lots more!!
    Thanks you so much sir! Nice to meet you too!

4. Oct 10, 2014 at 10:15 AM
    Mike90

Mike90 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Black Hills, SD
    Vehicle:
    '07 DCSB, '79 FJ40, '18 Subaru Crosstrek, ‘23 DCSB

Move out Dude!

5. Oct 31, 2014 at 11:53 AM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    [​IMG]

Looky what I found on craigslist!! From another TWer none the less! :woot:

6. Oct 31, 2014 at 12:18 PM
    MatthewMay1

MatthewMay1 I'm an amateur professional.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lone Star Republic
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '01 TRD
    Noice, noice

7. Nov 11, 2014 at 3:25 PM
    RKCRUZA

RKCRUZA Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Placerville, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD Pro in the Garage!

So you like Moab? Been there 6 times and never get enough! Is you sig pic from Fins & Things (almost looks like launch pad on Poison Spider Mesa)? If you get a chance next time run down to Canyon Lands and do Elephant Hill. Fairly easy trail, but awesome area. I did Hells Revenge in the Toyota trail Teams support truck (DC Taco) a few years back...drove pretty much from the start to Hells Gate. The Trail Team guys took the Taco down Hells Gate (youtube search Hells Gate Taco)...Taco only had a spacer lift in front and 32" tires and did amazing! Only issue I have with Moab is every time I get home I make my FJ40 wider! It is about 6" wider now than when I first went to Moab....short and wide works much better than tall & skinny, especially with a short wheelbase. The Tacos and longer stuff do great except on the really nasty trails.

8. Nov 11, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    Love love love it! Yeah that was from Fins & Things (my best friend did the "jeep lean") I did run down to canyonlands but I was told by the ranger to not do elephant hill due to the washouts just a week prior :( Instead we did the Colorado river outlook. Beautiful view but I terrible boring body thrasher to get to. Not difficult just uncomfortable.

Your taco did hell's gate?? I was going to until I watched a 4 door rubicon lift its front tire and a 2 door jeep almost roll. I figured no way with ifs haha.

Sounds like you got an awesome FJ! I'll have to check it out!

Yeah I thought my taco did great. Only problem is departure angle and my damn ifs resulting in my back tire always a foot off the ground :rolleyes: The HC bumper really helped tho

9. Dec 4, 2014 at 1:32 PM
    MTopp

MTopp Professional bear handler

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4x4
    trifecta tonneau, pop n' lock, Depo black bezel headlights, mb 352 wheels, 265/75r16 cooper at3s, visors, colormatched 2011 grille with raptor LEDs, much LEDs in and out Future/wanted: black valence, hood scoop, catback, CAI, 285/75r16s, OMD leaf pack mod
    Wow, you have a lot more into you truck than I thought, Dakota. I'm interested in how you made that sub box and what do you do for the truck funds? shoot me a pm or post here if you could.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
  10. Dec 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! I was born into a cabinetry business and I am now the assistant manager soooo that really helped with both haha.

I used an advanced CAD engineering program and our CNC to design and cutout my sub box parts. Also did something Purdy cool on my old yota
    [​IMG]

I assure you I have worked my way up, things were not given to me. I was pulling 40+ hour weeks while maintaining a 4.0 gpa throughout highschool. I worked morning, during lunch and after school along with weekends. I was the only CNC tech for a while...

11. Dec 4, 2014 at 1:46 PM
    MTopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4x4
    trifecta tonneau, pop n' lock, Depo black bezel headlights, mb 352 wheels, 265/75r16 cooper at3s, visors, colormatched 2011 grille with raptor LEDs, much LEDs in and out Future/wanted: black valence, hood scoop, catback, CAI, 285/75r16s, OMD leaf pack mod
    Dang, thats awesome dude! Do you have any plans for the box that I could use? I'd be putting in a 10" sub probably if it fit better :notsure:, but I still haven't fully decided either.

Oh yeah, and how much total front lift do you have? that hasn't hurt your CVs too bad or the angle?

12. Dec 4, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    Yes I do, I'll send them to you when I get the chance. 10 will fit much better... you'll be able to lean back both seats all the way at the same time lol.

Uhhh I honestly don't know anymore. Not as much as others. I've beat on the coilovers so hard that they actually got somewhat soft. After the skid plates they sagged too... It seemed like a little over 3" brand new with no weight upfront.

13. Dec 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    that 1st. gen sub setup is really good stuff buddy. :cool:

14. Dec 4, 2014 at 5:28 PM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    Thank ya very much :D People always got a kick out of riding in the backseat with it... literally

Badum tsss

15. Dec 4, 2014 at 9:57 PM
    Nate87

Nate87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    CONUS
    Vehicle:
    2013 AC TRD OR
    Truck is looking good! I like seeing Access Cabs get some love in the middle of all the double cabs. Keep it up!

I wish I had your carpentry/wood working skills. There are a few things on my "to do" list that would really benefit if I had a clue of what I was doing or had the tools for the job. I want to make a bed platform with pullout drawers and flip up storage lids but don't think a Dremmel will get the job done for that project.

And whats all the Long Travel ORI nonsense? Just SAS it and be done! :D

16. Dec 5, 2014 at 12:01 AM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    Thank ya! That means so much coming from you!!

Shucks, I'm very greatful for what my dad has taught me. It's made me much more capable and DIY-minded in life. It's funny, the bed you're describing sounds like one of our most massed produced products. We built all the dorm furniture for CWU and they have these awesome "captain beds" with 4 pullouts and 2 hidden storage compartments under the mattress. I love em.

Aghhhhhhh I dunnooooo. I wish it was as easy said as it is done. At least with long travel Id be comfy haha... :D

17. Dec 5, 2014 at 8:00 PM
    dakotasyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Dakota
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    Installed my new interior LEDs from MedlinAround. Great buy, these things are bright!! Also got my new scosche double din kit installed. Night and day difference!! Its a way better fit than crappy metra.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Dec 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM
    MTopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4x4
    Nice! Looks good. My interior LEDs helped a ton too. Sooo much better than incandescent.

19. Dec 7, 2014 at 8:13 PM
    1993t100

1993t100 I’m good looking and I drive a Jeep.

Member:
    First Name:
    Big Sexy
    Nebraska
    Vehicle:
    Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
    I bought the same LEDs from Medlin. Best $17 mod ever. I got the two license plate lights too.

20. Dec 8, 2014 at 10:10 AM
    MTopp

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4x4
    Yeah, thats a really good deal I'd say, for $17.

Products Discussed in

To Top