1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Davtopgun's "Mad Max" 95.5 4x4 build

Discussion in '1st Gen. Builds (1995-2004)' started by Davtopgun, May 18, 2013.

1. May 23, 2013 at 5:47 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun [OP] Weeeee mod time!

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.
    So, I'm currently at 3.75BS on my 15x8 wheels and 35" tires. I'm scrubbing the frame when I turn sharp.

I'm trying to decide weather I should stick with my current wheels, and just go with 33's. Or, if I should order a custom set of steelies from Pro-Comp 17x9" 3"BS (possible 7 weeks to get them), and a set of treadwright Guard Dogs 315/70/17 (possible delay if need to be made).

Either way, it's about 1k. I think I may still hit the frame with the 33's, and I refuse to use spacers. Hmmmm

2. May 23, 2013 at 6:09 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 Wheel Bearing Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    best wheel bearings around! www.marionbumper2bumper.com
    I think I am going to look at getting some 33's (or their metric equivalent) when I get my tires. Going to look at steelies like the ones on your brother's Toyota.

3. May 23, 2013 at 6:14 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    TacoAlaMode Custom grill, SCS Gunmetal F5's, Treadwright guard dogs, King extended travel coilovers w/800# springs, OME Dakars. LRUCA's. Allpro off-road plate rear bumper with high clearance hitch, steel breaded extended brake lines front and rear, SOS concepts bolt on rock sliders with top plate, Pelfreybuilt front plate bumper, rci skid plates, Airflow Snorkel, Tom Woods custom one piece drivesahft, Weathertech in channel rain guards, Bushwacker fender flares, custom cab height bedrack, 60" Hi-Lift jack w/Mount, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, rear bumper light pods, front bumper light pods and light bar.

What BS are his? I remember we measured them, but I can't remember what they were. He basically has the same as mine, just a different design.

4. May 23, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    As I recall we measured it at 4.5 inches

5. May 24, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    That can't be right, 4.5" is stock backspacing. It's gotta be less then that.

6. May 24, 2013 at 8:12 AM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Well hell Dave, you were the one that actually measured it! Do you not remember? lmfao. Damn, can't rely on you to remember anything can I? :D

7. May 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    That is true, I have a terrible memory. Lol

8. May 24, 2013 at 8:42 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
  9. May 24, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    Rebel Taco 22

Rebel Taco 22 mall crawler

Member:
    I have a stock set of 2nd gen 16" rims on 315/75/16 MTRs. I also have all pro's 1.5'' spacer.

So if stock backspacing is 4.5'' then with a 1.5'' spacer i should be at the equivalent of 3'' of backspacing on a normal wheel. I still hit the frame pretty dang bad. I just dont turn quite as much.

Im just trying to give you an idea of a similar setup, wouldnt want you spending a bunch of money for no reason.

10. May 24, 2013 at 10:25 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road

Stock second gen wheels are 5.25BS, first gen they are 4.5" stock. That means with a 1.5" spacer, you're at 3.75 which is what I have on my turck at the moment. :)

11. May 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM
    Rebel Taco 22

Rebel Taco 22 mall crawler

Member:
    ahhhh I learned something today.

12. May 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM
    tegspeed813

tegspeed813 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    derek
    tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    96 xcab
    hehehe
    bad ass build man

13. May 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road

Thanks, and welcome to TW!

14. May 30, 2013 at 1:17 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
  15. May 30, 2013 at 1:20 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
  16. May 30, 2013 at 1:42 PM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    silly dave you have a truck not a boat!!!! some kids never listen!

17. May 30, 2013 at 1:46 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
  18. May 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM
    Lumpskie

Lumpskie Independent Thinker

Member:
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    '96, 4x4, v6, manual hub
    Toytec 16" coilovers with Tundra Bilstein 5100s, Light Racing UCAs, Alcan Leafs with Orbit Eyes, 12" Bilstein 7100 short Bodies, ARB rear locker, 33x12.5 Duratracs, CBI sliders, Bushwacker fender flares, self made front bumper, M8000, Vision X 6.7" Hi/Lo Beam HIDs, full skids, Inchworm dual case setup - 15º clocking
    Awesome pics and vids. That mud looks really slick... I'd be totally out of my element!

19. May 31, 2013 at 4:05 AM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    ^^Thanks man! It can be pretty slick out here sometimes. That's half of the fun though. :)

20. Jun 15, 2013 at 9:36 PM
    Davtopgun

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD Off-Road
    Went to a local Rodeo today with Bill (BamaToy1997). He was one of the sponsors, and had a hell of a good time!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Products Discussed in

To Top