1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer has a 2007...where have they been

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thecreeper, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Jun 10, 2009 at 5:16 AM
    thecreeper

thecreeper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    funny, this morning i got a call from the dealer saying the truck might be available for sale. the salesman told me the person that is interested in it is "torn between" and is 'iffy'. he did put a $500 deposit but if he walks it will be up for grabs. i tried to tell him my "demands" but he said not over the phone and asked that i stop in saturday. The salesguy was like "Would you be at all interested in a Yellow 08 FJ? We have one we are trying to roll out before they discontinue it, good price we just need it off the lot before fall"

In regards to dooming car sales it is true. Ford, Chevy, and Toyota dealers have all given me prices that are fair. Prices I'd never get say in 2006-07. They need to move their inventory badly. Nissan on the other hand doesn't need to discount their trucks because well they don't have any on the lots so if there is 1 or 2 they tell me take it or leave it. But I heard if you want a Pathfinder you can get a killer deal.

Co-worker just bought a 09 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon 4dr fully loaded w/nav and hardtop for $20,500k! I hate those things but he said the sticker was $34k and bought it from a dealer that was closing its doors.

A Chevy dealer is still calling me offering a 1500XFE for a killing but I honestly do not want such a huge truck or a Chevy.

Ford 09 F-150 this guy keeps calling me and practically begging me not to support the "Japs" as he said. Getting desperate huh! Again I don't want something that big...I went to test drive it for the fun of it.

2. Jun 10, 2009 at 5:21 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Reason enough for that asshole to never hear from me again........:mad:

3. Jun 10, 2009 at 5:26 AM
    thecreeper

Member:
    i agree. so unprofessional and a turn off. I know a few people who have this old school narrow minded thinking and refuse to buy a Honda, Toyota, Nissan, KIA, Hyundai, Acura, Lexus, Infiniti. yet they still go out and buy a VW, Mercedes, BMW, etc...

does it make any sense? Don't want this to go off topic but I honestly don't understand some of the old school thinking. But then again I'm a younger guy so I didn't grow up in those times where if you did not buy American you'd be stoned! times have changed!

4. Jun 10, 2009 at 5:32 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Glad to hear that you see through that nonsense......You're in a great posistion right now with the industry where it is,get the truck you want.:)

5. Jun 10, 2009 at 6:07 PM
    carmellocafe

carmellocafe Begin With The End In Mind.

Member:
    First Name:
    KEVIN
    N. California
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR Access cab longbed
    Your right NAAC3TACO, I didn't think about that. But, after "Katrina" it has been well reported that dealers are pulling many scams by polishing up vehicles that have been abandoned after floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. and reselling them. It is smart to be weary about this and do some thorough investigating before buying. ;)

6. Jun 13, 2009 at 6:51 AM
    thecreeper

Member:
    Well so bright and early was at the Toyo dealer and I guess its not a good indication when they could not get the truck started. Shouldn't they have prepared for this? They changed out the battery and it started but it kept stalling when we gave it gas. Also didn't make me feel good that the rear driver's side tire was almost flat!! And the bed was filled with pine needles and crap. I just told the guy forget it, I don't even want to pursue it, not worth it. So the guy in his desperation tries to turn me on to a used 2008 Nismo they had on the lot, the person traded it in for a Prius... not interested. Said the Nismo has very low miles and rides better than a Tacoma. When I showed no interest he then said he could make a deal on a 08 Tundra SR5. Said he'd take 10k off. Again I told him that is not what I want and don't need such a truck... Off to a few more dealers...

7. Jun 13, 2009 at 11:48 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Hmm, sounds like a load of crapshit.
    Whatever, you can find a second hand truck that'll be much nicer and babied way better.

8. Jun 13, 2009 at 2:12 PM
    Soundwave

Soundwave Well-Known Member

Member:
    B.C. Canada
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD sport Double Cab 4x4
    OEM Roof rack
    Um, Tacoma's are built in North America. At least they aren't shutting any factories down.

9. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:35 PM
    thecreeper

Member:
    i don't understand it either about that comment but it has not been the first time a Ford/Chevy salesman mentioned that term. A few guys at work who drive Dodge, GMC, Chevy, Ford all say, "What the F is wrong with you? You got something against America?" idiots :rolleyes:

so I was at another Toyota dealer trying to strike up a deal and I noticed on the 09 I am interested in the leaf springs are rusted/white corrosion. I might be anal here but is that normal??

10. Jun 13, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    Pster

Pster Well-Known Member

Member:
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4
    Bak Flip bed cover, shorty antenna, Peripheral iPod interface, Garmin 750 mount, add'l bed tie down rings, Westin nerf bars, hitch safe, tailgate lock, Ideal 1 3/4" turn-key clamp to secure tailgate from removal, Spare tire security cable, spare tire stainless air hose extender, Fumoto oil drain valve, Amp Research Bed X-Tender w/Schlage Cable Lock, bed mat, Redline hood struts
    Car dealers are difficult enough, car salesman do what they do because they can't do ANYTHING else. Wasted lives.

Products Discussed in

To Top