1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer installed blue logic vs factory installed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by GaryS1964, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Apr 22, 2011 at 12:20 PM
    GaryS1964

GaryS1964 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    I just picked up my new 2011 Tacoma today. I wanted Bluetooth in my new Tacoma so I had the dealer install it before I picked it up. It works with the radio but I can't see how you store numbers and it's not mentioned in the separate bluetooth instructions but it is in the owners manual. Does the dealer installed version not allow you to store numbers and call them with voice commands like the factory installed version?

2. Apr 22, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    jek3fl

jek3fl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    10 DC 4x4 TRD Sport
    5100's at 2.5, rear 1.5" AAL, rear TSB
    I have the blu logic also. I don't think you can. I never use it. Everyone always complained about not being able to hear me good.

3. Apr 22, 2011 at 4:24 PM
    4drLB

4drLB Active Member

Member:
    RI
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    What bluetooth did they install? they can not install the blue logic. My deal installed a Parrot system which works well with my blackberry. The did a shitty job though.

4. Apr 22, 2011 at 6:12 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    I have the Blu-Logic BlueTooth, the typical dealer installed item (although I did it myself). It does not store numbers. Numbers storage and voice dialing has to be a phone feature.

If they put the microphone at the factory recommended location - low and to the right of the steering wheel - that is the problem.

I routed mine to the plastic covering the wires to the rearview mirror. Absolutely zero complaints about the sound quality.

5. Apr 22, 2011 at 6:29 PM
    GaryS1964

GaryS1964 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    The little instruction book that came with it says Toyota next to the Toyota logo then it says Blu Logic Handsfree Solutions.

The only reason I bought it was the ability store numbers and dial them with voice commands as they demonstrate on their website. No where in the printed literature or online did I read that the dealer installed version was not the same as the factory installed version and they cost the same.

I'm going to have them take it out and get my money back.

6. Apr 22, 2011 at 7:01 PM
    lbridges

lbridges Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Indialantic, FL
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner SR5
    Not exactly the same, because to get the factory option you have to have the JBL system upgrade, which was about a $1,000 option IIRC; then add on the BlueTooth.

Doesn't mean not to get your money back if it (the BluLogic unit) doesn't meet your needs, just wanted to clarify the situation.

7. Jun 10, 2012 at 1:02 PM
    cc1999

cc1999 Member

Member:
    Oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black TxPro Access Cab V6 Auto
    None Yet
    lbridges don't meen to hijack a thread, but this is an old thread and you seem to know about these bluetooth features. I have a 2011 with JBL, and would like to add the factory Bluetooth feature. I am wanting to set it up like factory including adding the steering wheel controls. Based on your comment above it sounds like that should be doable. yes?

I was just informed that maybe I don't have the JBL just the sub.???

8. Jun 10, 2012 at 1:17 PM
    theredofshaw

theredofshaw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Somewhere on the East coast
    Vehicle:
    not a taco (guess that means I can be a MOD now)
    (totaled) 2011 Tacoma DC
    not sure, but thanks for searching! not too many newbie's do that anymore

:D

9. Jun 10, 2012 at 1:40 PM
    DR Da_da

DR Da_da Infrequent Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 V6 TRD Offroad auto access cab
    ToyTec ultimate lift, LR UCAs, TRD gen 1 CAI, TRD cat-back, bull bar, anytime fog lights, lighted 4x4 switch, factory SS step tubes, factory interior lighting package, factory VIP 3200 alarm, FJ TRD center caps, rear diff breather relocate, tint, bug deflector, Weather Tech liners
    Okay, I've searched and searched but cannot find an answer. Are all 2nd Gen Tacomas pre-wired for steering wheel controls? I know many trucks are pre-wired for the overhead temp/compass console normally only found in TRD models, so is this also the case with steering wheel audio controls?

Products Discussed in

To Top