1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer Shout Out

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cwsenn, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Jun 17, 2011 at 6:05 PM
    cwsenn

cwsenn [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carroll
    Columbia, SC
    Vehicle:
    10 SR5 4x4
    Leer cap, Pop-n-Lock tailgate lock, Upgraded sound system JVC Nav system, Dealer installed rear springs. TRD Intake. Running Boards
    Took my 2010 4X4 SR5 (34k Miles) in to Dick Dyer Toyota here in Columbia, SC. I asked them to look at replacing the rear springs due to sagging and bottoming out per the TSB. I have a Leer cap on the bed and you could see it was sagging with just that weight on it.
    Service writer was Jim Graham. I could not have asked for a better experience. Mr. Graham acknowledged there was a TSB and said they would look into it for me.
    Got a call later that they had ordered the springs and would replace them the next day.
    They did a great job replacing the springs and the truck was visibly sitting about 2" higher in the rear. I did not notice any appreciable difference in the ride or handling after the replacement.
    Jim came out and commented on how much better the stance looked after the new springs.
    Top notch dealer experience. I am very pleased with the service and the truck.
    Call me a returning customer.

2. Jun 17, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    toysrgood

toysrgood Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Reg Cab
    Sounds like I will be taking my truck there instead of Sumter. I will be sure to ask for that guy when I Do! Thanks for the heads up :)

3. Jun 17, 2011 at 6:40 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    Great to hear a good dealer experience.

4. Jun 17, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    97Blk_one

97Blk_one Well-Known Member

Member:
    Memfrica
    Vehicle:
    not so low
    A whole lot,But not satify
    Glad you have a wonderful experience at the service desk. I had bad experience with the stealership. The only time I'll go there when I can't do the job myself.

Products Discussed in

To Top