1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealer TRD Options

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Nukewater, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Oct 27, 2009 at 10:43 AM
    Nukewater

Nukewater [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Saskatchewan
    My 2010 TRD shows up in a monthish, I can get them to install some things at the dealer. Just curious if anyone has any suggestions. It might be easier for me to add it to my total bill as opposed to buying anything afterwards.

Thinking:

Short Shift
    CAI
    Bed Mat

They dont do lifts or tires do they? I think ill get an exhaust shop to do my exhast as opposed to the TRD Catback

2. Oct 27, 2009 at 10:52 AM
    sirsaechao

sirsaechao Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2002 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD 3.4L 4X4 V6
    A lift, some wheels, some tires, some performance, some cosmetic and then audio.
    Most stealerships do lift & wheels/tires. But most lift are spacer lifts like Rev Tec. Some well known dealership can get access to nice lift kits like OME/ToyTec for example. Expensive IMO but the best part is you can have that add to your sticker price.

3. Oct 27, 2009 at 11:03 AM
    AzogSS

AzogSS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    Roof racks.

4. Oct 27, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    The cold air intake you are going to pay way the hell too much from the dealer, i think it's like $450. People here have been saying the can get them for $250ish i think...

Honestly I wouldn't have the dealer put anything on, they are going to charge you and arm and a leg to do the work and steal more of you hard earned money from you.

CAI is a DIY easy, as is the bed mat. Don't throw money down the drain for no reason...

just my .02 :)

5. Oct 27, 2009 at 12:42 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Don't pay for anything at the dealer...They will take your money without thinking about it.

You can get as good...or better...products for MUCH cheaper doing it yourself. If you aren't ready to try and install your own CAI or whatever...You can have it done for cheaper than a dealer.

Products Discussed in

To Top