1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealers STINK!

Discussion in 'North East' started by Snowman11, Apr 30, 2011.

1. May 15, 2011 at 6:37 PM
    slever

slever Active Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    CAI, Gibson exhaust, Optima red top battery, DSMS upper control arms, Truxedo Lo Pro QT tonneau cover, In channel AVS window vent visors, Bed extender, De-badged tailgate, Blacked out head lights, Blacked out emblems, Blacked out wheels, TRD center caps, Quick valve oil drain plug, 3 inch lift in front, 2 inch lift in rear, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 285/70R17 Firestone destination A/T
    Falmouth Toyota? they suck. They took 2 hours to change my oil and could'nt do it right, spilled oil all in my skid plate and did'nt clean it up.

2. May 15, 2011 at 6:39 PM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    Sold: 33's,armor,crawler,dents, ect. 2020 Gladiator
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    yea falmouth toyota i do not like them. Hyannis toyota has been fantastic both times iv gone there.

3. May 15, 2011 at 6:46 PM
    slever

slever Active Member

Member:
    Pensacola, FL
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Sport
    CAI, Gibson exhaust, Optima red top battery, DSMS upper control arms, Truxedo Lo Pro QT tonneau cover, In channel AVS window vent visors, Bed extender, De-badged tailgate, Blacked out head lights, Blacked out emblems, Blacked out wheels, TRD center caps, Quick valve oil drain plug, 3 inch lift in front, 2 inch lift in rear, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 285/70R17 Firestone destination A/T
    Thanks, I'll try them next time I have to go to a dealer...

4. May 15, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    I should say i do know some of the techs at falmouth and they are really great. Its just a couple members of customer service that rub me the wrong way.

5. May 24, 2011 at 3:34 PM
    southpier

southpier Well-Known Member

Member:

it's not to the dealers' advantage to piss people off. the internet is a big place and there's lots of forums where you can tell a factual, albiet disappointing, service story. all the advertising money in the world can't buy an unhappy customer

6. Nov 26, 2011 at 8:19 PM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    They just tried ripping me off. What douches ... :rolleyes: I Wasted couple hours to get there.

7. Nov 26, 2011 at 8:22 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    I agree your dealer does suck OP , I have had nothing but a good experience with mine.

8. Nov 27, 2011 at 8:58 AM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    What did they do to you?

9. Nov 27, 2011 at 9:23 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Yes. Usually caused by suspension issues but low air pressure and/or cheap tires can be the factors in cupping or scalloping of the treads.

On a side note I have had nothing but good experiences with the local Toyota dealer and the one I bought my truck from: Toyota of Olympia and Toyota of Tacoma.

10. Nov 27, 2011 at 9:38 AM
    mbmchugh5

mbmchugh5 My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Double cab 4x4
    Rough Country 6" Db lift with toytec coilovers and all pro Expo leafs,color matched grille, t-rex eyelids on spyder dual projector halos, black tailights, 4xInnovations sliders,pro comp rear plate bumper, ATO front plate bumper, grillecraft grille mesh w/Hella black magics behind it, colormatched emblems, sockmonkey trd O/R bedside decals and 3rdBrake cover, Aeroturbine 2525 muffler
    Toyota has a customer relations department not sure what the number is (@ work or I'd look it up) I have had a nightmare experience with a local dealer so I logged a complaint with toyota's customer relations, dont bother calling the dealers c.r.dept even if they have one. there are 3 dealers within reasonable distance from me and 1 is great 1 is okay and 1 (802 toyota) is a bunch of scumbag crooks who lie cheat and steal. It is important for toyota corporate to hear these stories otherwise the dealer gets away with this type of behavior

11. Nov 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    this. both dealers i have dealt with. the one i got my truck from and the one that is 2 1/2 miles from my house are both great.

the sales guy that sold us my truck new what he his stuff. and he new about TW. lol. i told him i already asked a few ??’s on here.

12. Nov 27, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    TacoDawgfan

TacoDawgfan Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver 4x4 TRD Sport w/JBL
    5100's at 1.75, Rear leaf TSB, Moto Metal 951 16x8, BFG TKO2 265/75/16, AFe Stage 2 CAI w/pro dry filter, Kenwood DDX374BT installed with Idatalink Maestro kit, Access Loredo tonneau cover, N-Fab steps, Tinted windows, EGR in channel vent visors, UGA drink coasters in the front cup holders, and a Graco car seat in the back seat
    I'm about to have to do this. I referred my brother to the Stealership I bought from. Was supposed to get $100 referral fee from them. It's been 3 months now, called them several times and haven't heard an effin word. :mad: Not sure if Toyota can help on this or if this is a dealer issue as it has nothing to do with Toyota but somebody is going to hear me out. I haven't gotten ugly with them yet, been playing the nice guy so far, but it's about to get ugly!

To the op, do you have another dealer close by to try next time?

13. Nov 27, 2011 at 1:48 PM
    Snowman11

Snowman11 [OP] Supreme Ruler

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    Ha, the dealer that is actually closer... I just took my truck for inspection, free oil change, new blower motor, and the infamous vibration in the drive train. I delivered the night before and let them know a week in advance but still needed an extra day to get the new blower in. B.S. They won't give a loaner car unless they have to keep it 2 nights. Well got the truck back and still not fixed. They won't give me a loaner next time I bring it in either, even tho it's not done. So if it's 5:00pm and it's not done, just give it back to the customer. Good Policy. I asked them if they were going to give it back to me 5 more times without fixing it just to keep from paying for the loaner? I have to call Toyota customer care now to see if there is anything I can do.

14. Dec 8, 2011 at 8:49 AM
    jrzyshore

jrzyshore Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    SNJ
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Prius TRD Offroad
    Icon extended travel coilovers and rear shocks, Dakar leaf springs, Toytec U bolt flip, extended length Icon 2.0 rear shocks, Timbren Bump stops ,TC UCAs, Street Taco (Beefedtaco) 1 1/2" CB drop, 4x Innovation DOM tube sliders with kick outs, some extended brake lines,ATO front skid plate, ATO trans skid, ATO Hi Lift brackets, 60" Hi Lift jack and a pine tree air freshener.
    The dealership I bought my 2010 Tacoma from is crooked. The sales man told me my first oil change is free, so when I brought it in for the first oil change the service writer explained to me my truck is due for it's 5000 mile service which he said would run about 450.00 including the free oil change. I was a service writer at a Ford dealership for 2 years I knew what this guy was doing, he was tying to run away with my wallet. When I called about the TSB on the leaf springs I even gave him the TSB number, the writer said there was no TSB on the leaf spring and it was not a valid number.luckily I have another Toyota dealership about the same distance from my house that check the TSB completed the work and was more willing to help the fleece me for every cent.

Products Discussed in

To Top