1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dealership Replacing Suspension...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by mmmenchaca, May 17, 2022.

1. May 17, 2022 at 11:36 AM
    mmmenchaca

mmmenchaca [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Vehicle:
    2022 Lunar TRD Sport
    33's, lift/level, KD Tune
    I have a 2022 Tacoma double-cab, long-bed, with 285/70/17R Wildpeaks, and running a 2"/1" lift. The current suspension is the TRD Branded Billsteins (essentially TRD Branded 5100's). The dealership told me the TRD lift kit was not meant for the DCLB. Will this kit be a sufficient swap out? Also, will I need new UCAs and a leaf pack? Thank you for your insights.

IMG_1159.jpg

2. May 17, 2022 at 11:39 AM
    TacoBuffet

TacoBuffet Well-Known Member

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    Taco #13, 2022 OR DCSB Cemint
    5100s, TE37s, Wildpeaks, Tint, Bedmat, LEDs
    What are you asking? And as mentioned in your other thread the TRD OEM lift kit will work for longbeds, the dealer is just ignorant and quick to say it wont, honestly I wouldnt let them touch my truck. Your issue is install not the kit. Plenty of longbeds running around on 5100s and blocks no problem (basically the TRD kit).

You wont need new leafs if you go back to stock, a block just is that a block the leafs sit on. UCAs are a debate here, technically you can get close to in / spec with alignment without them (depending on wheel and tire choice), but many suggest new ones to achieve better performance as well as better handling and recommended specs rather than the outer limits, usually this is if you are going 3''. Have lifted a few trucks, ran OEM UCAs and aftermarket, no issues with either, but the aftermarket did handle better with lift.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
    drizzoh likes this.
  3. May 17, 2022 at 11:41 AM
    bruv

bruv Well-Known Member

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD PRO
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about it tbh unless you're worried about the warranty or something. Call a different dealer and ask questions. Then call another. I had one dealer try to screw me around years ago and I never returned. Never had an issue at the other two I've used. To go back to standard suspension if you choose to listen to them, no you should not need new UCAs or leafs unless you're coming off like a 3"+ lift

4. May 18, 2022 at 7:54 PM
    XxHULKxX

XxHULKxX New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Vehicle:
    2022 /army green tacoma trd OR
    @
    Unrelated comment, but do you have any issues running 33s on the trd lift kit? Been wanting to do the same set up on my 2022 offroad.

5. May 18, 2022 at 7:58 PM
    crazysccrmd

crazysccrmd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    Aprilia Tuareg 660
    The lift has no impact on the tire size you can run. Wheel offset, alignment and tire width are what matters. A 33" tire that rubs at stock height will also rub with a lift if nothing else changes.

Products Discussed in

To Top