1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deaver u402 reviews?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Inacomalv, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Aug 30, 2016 at 10:39 AM
    Inacomalv

Inacomalv [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Las vegas
    Vehicle:
    2013 tx pro 4x4
    King 2.5 coils, cambourg uca's . 33"pro comp tires
    whats happening!
    Ok so ive been on a search to find some reviews of the deaver u402 pack. A friend of mine recomended this pack vs the j66 because i have an rtt on the way and it holds up better with the weight in the back and has a pretty awesome ride! Ok.. So my question is.. Can anyone give me feedback on the ride unloaded? And possibly advice on leaf packs that could suit both loaded and unloaded rides well. Since i dont think ill have the rtt on my truck 24/7, im concerned about the unloaded ride.
    Thanx a mil in advance guys.

Byb127 likes this.
  2. Aug 30, 2016 at 10:45 AM
    rob1208

rob1208 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota Tacoma DCSB MGM TRD OR
    TRD Supercharger AFE CAI ProDryS ADS 2.5 Remote Resi Shocks ADS Rear Piggy Back 10" Travel Shocks ADS 2.0 Rear Hydro Bump Kit Deaver U402 Leaf Pack + Add a Leaf MCM Fab Uniball UCAs TC Spindle Gussets BAMF 100% Bolt On Sliders BAMF 1/4" Steel Skid Trilogy BAMF Diff Diaper Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper with Warn VR10000-s Winch Brute Force Fab High Clearance Dual Swingout Rear Bumper Custom Car Grills Mesh Grill Insert Stealth Custom Series SR8 - Matte Black 16x8 285/75/16 Toyo Tires Open Country AT2 Relentless Fabrication Ditch Light Bracket Mounts 2x2 Ditch Lights Apex Fab Works Flush Lower Grill Light Bar Mounts Caliraised 32" Light Bar Tech Deck Extreme Vagabond Outdoors Drifter
    I've had the u402 pack on my truck for over a year now and they've held up well. The first few months I didn't have much weight in the back so it did ride a little on the stiff/harsh side. My truck has been my DD and with our crappy Bay Area roads, even though it was stiff, it didn't bother me much. Now, I've added a toolbox with crap and a rear HC bumper with swingout and my spare 33" on it, and a pair of bed bars and my RTT on it most of the summer so it rides much better now with the weight in the back. Since you're in vegas, give Matt at @M C M a call and talk to him about your needs. Hes the one who I bought my ADS/deaver setup and install from.

Also, deaver has some awesome customer service. I had an issue with my leafs being soft. Matt had me talk to deaver directly and they took care of checking my pack and replacing some of the bad leafs. Highly recommend Matt and Deaver.

3. Aug 30, 2016 at 11:16 AM
    Inacomalv

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Las vegas
    Vehicle:
    2013 tx pro 4x4
    Ya matts the buddy i was talking about! Ok cool ya im worried about the stiffness on road unloaded, not too worried but always want to find the best option! Thanks brotha!
    The king resis up front handle well but i took out my aal from my original lift just cause the pro comp ride aal was horrible

4. Aug 30, 2016 at 12:59 PM
    Inacomalv

Member:
    First Name:
    Dana
    Las vegas
    Vehicle:
    2013 tx pro 4x4
    Do you leave the rtt on your truck all the time? Whats the weight on your tent

5. Aug 30, 2016 at 2:55 PM
    rob1208

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    TRD Supercharger AFE CAI ProDryS ADS 2.5 Remote Resi Shocks ADS Rear Piggy Back 10" Travel Shocks ADS 2.0 Rear Hydro Bump Kit Deaver U402 Leaf Pack + Add a Leaf MCM Fab Uniball UCAs TC Spindle Gussets BAMF 100% Bolt On Sliders BAMF 1/4" Steel Skid Trilogy BAMF Diff Diaper Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper with Warn VR10000-s Winch Brute Force Fab High Clearance Dual Swingout Rear Bumper Custom Car Grills Mesh Grill Insert Stealth Custom Series SR8 - Matte Black 16x8 285/75/16 Toyo Tires Open Country AT2 Relentless Fabrication Ditch Light Bracket Mounts 2x2 Ditch Lights Apex Fab Works Flush Lower Grill Light Bar Mounts Caliraised 32" Light Bar Tech Deck Extreme Vagabond Outdoors Drifter
    I had the RTT on from sometime in May till earlier this month. I have the Tepui Ayer so its just shy of 100#. I normally keep the RTT on in the summer and take it off in the winter (I head up to tahoe often so I'd rather leave the tent nice and dry in the garage).

I think its best to figure out what you plan to do with your truck long term. I knew I was going to be adding armor and extra weight when camping and what not down the road so I was ok with dealing with the rougher ride for several months before I started to do the other mods. You could go with the j66 now but if you plan to ever leave your RTT on longer than a few days or go out camping multiple times a month, you may end up having to upgrade your leaf pack again in the future. Buy once cry once. The way the truck drove unloaded really wasn't that bad. You get used to it.

I wonder if theres anyone in your area that has the u402 or similar (all pro expo leaf pack or something) with little to no weight in the back that you could ask for a ride to get a feel for the stiffness.

6. Feb 20, 2018 at 4:53 PM
    rob1208

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    You can try contacting Matt (@M C M ) at MCM Fab. He's the one who recommended the setup to me and great dude to talk to and will work with you to figure out what you need.

Byb127 likes this.
  7. Feb 21, 2018 at 7:18 AM
    rob1208

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    If email takes too long, give him a call. Bought my suspension through him, good dude

Byb127 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top