1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Debadging Idea

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by pojo82, Oct 4, 2010.

?

What do you think

Poll closed Nov 3, 2010.
  1. Good Idea (DO IT)

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Bad Idea (it will look horible)

7 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Oct 4, 2010 at 4:07 PM
    pojo82

pojo82 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    NE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD double cab
    flowmaster exhaust, URD cold air intake, URD MAF calibrator, Thorley Headers Billy 5100s set to 2.5 lift in front, Billy shocks with add a leaf in the rear Wet Okole seat covers
    I saw this as part of signature and it gave me an idea

[​IMG]

i have a black 06 DoubleCab with black rims and really like the look of a truck with black painted badges. I dont quite have the process figured out yet but how would it look if i had all my badges with just a chrome outline. I would either tape off a small strip around the edge and paint the rest black or charcoal or paint it all then go back with a brush to do the edges.

if anyone has seen or done this lets see what you got.

2. Oct 4, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    Take them all off it looks so much better if you don't want to do all of them at least take off the badges on the tailgate.

3. Oct 4, 2010 at 9:22 PM
    dirtytaco2010

dirtytaco2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    south lake tahoe, CA baby
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Sport LB
    custom badging, Black Badges, tint, General AT/2's, nerf bars black, ultra-gauge,toytec AAL, removed mud flaps, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.75, AFE pro dry s air fliter, spidertrax, black rock 17'' wheels
    nonecks right it would look bad paint would run and edges would chip probably i painted mine black and they chip..maybe fabricate some? but i bet they would collect dirt and shit really bad might be a night mare cool idea though

4. Oct 4, 2010 at 9:24 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    go for it...worst case, you'll be dissatisfied with the result and end up debadging instead...win-win. I'd like to see it if you're successful!

5. Oct 4, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    I think a black face with white back would be sweet... So sweet that I may just try it out tomorrow with all the badges I have lying around. Nothin better to do, besides homework I guess haha

6. Oct 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM
    dirtytaco2010

dirtytaco2010 Well-Known Member

Member:
    south lake tahoe, CA baby
    Vehicle:
    SR5 TRD Sport LB
    custom badging, Black Badges, tint, General AT/2's, nerf bars black, ultra-gauge,toytec AAL, removed mud flaps, Bilstein 5100's @ 2.75, AFE pro dry s air fliter, spidertrax, black rock 17'' wheels
    do it report back

7. Oct 4, 2010 at 9:40 PM

747 function > form

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1st Gen.
    ^x2...with pics please.

8. Oct 5, 2010 at 1:59 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    Do it! the whole point of some Mods is to express yourself! that's why I did the satoshi mod with different mesh than anyone else.
    The only person who truly has to like it is you.
    Go for it!:D

9. Oct 5, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    iSTIZO99

iSTIZO99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Jax, FL
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport 4x4 DC/SB
  10. Oct 5, 2010 at 8:31 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Well, I did it. In a very shitty manner I must say. Gives you a little bit of an idea though I guess. I am tempted to do something similar to this with my SWB, but this time I would do it professionally. The only way it can be done I have found is to tape and spray it. Painting by hand I do not have a steady enough hand AT ALL! So hard to keep straight lines (I have no artistic talent whatsoever)... Also, I coudn't get the apint to lay down even with an itty bitty brush! I told you guys I would do it though, so here go...

[​IMG]

11. Oct 5, 2010 at 8:35 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    When I debadged my truck, I planned on painting the badges black, but once I got them all off, the truck looked so good...so I left them off.

12. Oct 6, 2010 at 4:19 PM
    pojo82

pojo82 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    NE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD double cab
    flowmaster exhaust, URD cold air intake, URD MAF calibrator, Thorley Headers Billy 5100s set to 2.5 lift in front, Billy shocks with add a leaf in the rear Wet Okole seat covers
    another idea i thought of after i posted was to see if Sock Monkey had decals of just the outline. i could debadge, then put the decals in their place. worst part is i get the idea and dont have time to do it. ive been wanting to do the satoshi but probalby wont get time until winter when work slows down. and then i'll probably be like "f#%*k it it's cold"

13. Oct 17, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    Veinguy

Veinguy Done, Retired from here :)

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    2009 Black Tacoma
    Sport Hood ARE LSII Lid Flowmaster Dual Exhaust Airaid CAI Airaid TBS 3" Revteck Lift Tires & Rims Billet Grille Insert Blue LED Dome Light Redline Quicklift Debadged Luminics blue bulbs in the headlights and Fogs N-Fab lightbar Hella 500 x 4 Wet Okole's Blk/Char Weathertec Mats Extra's sshhhhh!
    Now your talking, Sock could make you something awesome. Give him a try, he can show you pictures of what it would look like and then decide. He made some awesome decals for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top