1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

deck rail system

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hoepuncher, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Apr 11, 2009 at 11:05 PM
    hoepuncher

hoepuncher [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Does anyone know where I can buy a deck rail system for the x-runner(access cab)? My cousin just bought a xrunner and just noticed that the deck rail system was missing. Part numbers will help. Thanks!

2. Apr 19, 2009 at 6:28 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    Did he buy it new? Tell him to ask the dealer.

3. Apr 19, 2009 at 12:32 PM
    hoepuncher

Member:
    Nah we bought it used..and it was certified. its the whole set up...but yeah we ended up taking it back to the dealer complaining so we ended up getting it for free.

4. Apr 19, 2009 at 1:25 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Good work.

5. Apr 19, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    DanGer

DanGer Avatar approved by 98tacomav6

Member:
    Northern Virginia & Blacksburg
    Vehicle:
    07 Base 4Cyl 4x4 Manual
    White Head Light mod, White shorty antennae, Doug Thorley Long Tube headers, AFE Drop in air filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed,
    excellent work. the certified used car means they strive to give you a car closest to new from the factory. missing deck rail should no question be included

6. Apr 19, 2009 at 1:40 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ::shakes head:: Certified means that they completed a checklist and tacked a few grand onto the price. I'd be willing to be that the checklist did not include to check for the bed rails. (doubly so if the used car dealer was not a Toyota place)

Good on the dealer for making it right tho!!

7. Apr 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    hoepuncher

Member:
    I dont even think they checked the checklist to tell you the truth. The xrunner was an 05 with 20k miles on it and we bought it for 18k out the door. The stuff were missing:
    - Deck Rail System
    - Some clips
    - Tire Jack
    - Engine valve cover
    - Was not even prepped! (but thats ok, i detail cars for a hobby and wouldn't want dealer to put on buffer swirls)

Why did we buy it? Cuz it only had 20k miles, had the certified warranty and was the only dealer around my area that gave us the lowest price.

In the end we got everything missing for free so I think it was well worth it.

8. Apr 19, 2009 at 2:24 PM
    hoepuncher

Member:
  9. Apr 19, 2009 at 2:39 PM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    Good deal! At least they righted it!

10. Jun 19, 2014 at 3:39 AM
    denmen

denmen Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    New Hampshire
    Vehicle:
    2013 4x4 V6 SR5 6-spd Spruce Mica AccCab
    Tube steps, bull bar and KC Hilites, trifold bed cover, variety of shifter knobs, comparing LED strip options, lift possibilities (prob 2 inch), and exhaust mods to tune growling on low end...
    Hey TW! Very minor insignificant request, for sure, but if it can solved by a simple query to this forum, then fine... looking for an end cap for the deck rail in 2013 Tacoma. Anyone got one they're willing to part with? To me, just a little annoying not having the complete set... please let me know if you have one, or know how I might acquire one on my own... text on the inside shows "26647A 6 >PA66<"

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  11. Jun 19, 2014 at 5:05 AM
    TheDuke0fHurl

TheDuke0fHurl Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB SR5

I should have a few lying around. I'll check when I get back to my truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top