1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DECKED Storage System

Discussion in 'DECKED' started by DECKEDUSA, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Mar 19, 2022 at 10:20 PM
    Yetimetchkangmi

Yetimetchkangmi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Benjamin
    Newcastle, WA
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma 4x4 The Yeti
    ARB front locker, Custom high clearance rear bumper, Custom plate front bumper, mile marker winch PE8, safari snorkel, Deck Plate Mod Fox 2.5 rr DSC, Camburg UCA, squeaky Dakar leafs, 5125 10" and custom 7.5" shackles, thee finest PNW pinstripes, MT-R, Nissan crew cab roof rack??? wtf is that about??? Allpro skids, Rigid duallys President McKinley CB with PA Recaro SRD with Wedge Engineering Morimoto retrofits Champion Rad - Failed Tundra brakes
    You are missing 1/3 of your target market.
    Must everyone purchase a $45k Tacoma to "qualify"?

2. Aug 20, 2022 at 11:30 AM
    ETXTacoma

ETXTacoma Someone gave me a plasma cutter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Tyler, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB Tacoma TRD OR
    Dynatrac ProRock 60 Rear Axle, that is important enough.
    Chase truck style.... :spy:

PXL_20220820_180648888.jpg

9mmMike, Gunshot-6A and JDSmith like this.
  3. Dec 15, 2022 at 6:36 AM
    Trd_nick

Trd_nick Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 QS Trd sport
    Stock
    Anyone know if a decked 6ft for a 2nd Gen would work on a 3rd Gen?

4. Feb 7, 2023 at 7:28 PM
    Tacomags

Tacomags Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    17" 4Runner wheels, 32" Nittos, Dobinsons IMS, RRW sliders, Total Chaos bed stiffeners, custom seat delete, Decked, Super Pacific X1
    This is still a great idea and I can't believe it hasn't been done.

5. Feb 7, 2023 at 7:50 PM
    Unburned0463

Unburned0463 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Olympia, Washington
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD Off-Road 3rd Gen
    Bush Company RTT & awning; Icon suspension; Alpha Rex head/tail lights; Prinsu rack; CBI front/rear bumpers, rock sliders & armor; RLD cap; + more
    I considered going with a Decked system for my Tacoma, but instead opted for an ARB drawer system. I 100% agree that Decked makes an awesome drawer system, and it is a great solution. The reason I went for ARB was the roller-top floor, as it allowed me to gain better access to my gear -- I have a cap on the bed, so crawling inside is not something that I wanted to always do. Similar to the Decked system, the ARB drawers take up most of the bed space. I think if I was going to do it again, that I'd either ditch the drawers completely, or perhaps just go with some low-profile drawers, such as the ones offered by Goose Gear for the Tacoma.

6. Feb 7, 2023 at 8:48 PM
    Tacomags

Tacomags Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD OR DCSB 4x4
    17" 4Runner wheels, 32" Nittos, Dobinsons IMS, RRW sliders, Total Chaos bed stiffeners, custom seat delete, Decked, Super Pacific X1
    I have the decked system and a super pacific camper on a short bed. Between camping, fishing, mtb and general use I'm super happy with it. Only now I'm thinking of cutting the smaller slide out on the left in place for my mtb on a fork mount while inside the camper.

If you could have one side with a cut out similar to the way goose gear has their removable "top plates", you could essentially have a space for a drawer slide and then when you wanted, pop in the "top plates" and have a full flat surface again.

Gunshot-6A likes this.
  7. Feb 11, 2023 at 2:37 PM
    TacoMilk

TacoMilk Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma OR 4x4
    Stock-ish
    I reached out to @decked. Had a product idea I thought might be cool. With the amount of odds and ends I usually have rolling around in my bed, I thought itd be cool if decked made short dividers of some kind that fit in the tracks on top of the decked system. Keep bags on one side, treestand on another, cooler from sliding or roll ping over, etc. maybe something 2-3” high to keep things on top on one place.

When I would go hunting before I had the decked system, the truck bed was a catch all with milk crates etc. did the job but it would be nice if I could keep my stand in one place, pack in another, cooler in place. Drawers have been clutch for stuff I always leave in the truck. Trail cams, tripod, binos, all the essentials. Might have to craft up something to test out.

8. Mar 14, 2023 at 8:36 PM
    1madmnky

1madmnky Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Kansas via Fullerton 714
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma 4X4 DCLB
    Hella Supertones
    Does anyone know if a Decked for a 2021 DCLB fit a 2010 DCLB?

9. Nov 21, 2023 at 11:11 PM
    microsnook

microsnook Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '20 TRD OR MGM MT
    I just finished installed the new decked 2.0 in my Tacoma, 2020 short bed.
    Delivery was great and easy.
    I read the instructions.
    Laid out all the parts and pieces. Made sure to re-read instructions and follow along each page as I proceed with the installation.
    Everything was pretty straightforward.

At the very end, when inserting the drawer it just did not want to close. The weather strip wasn’t pushed down all the way. So I gave it a good seating and tried to close the drawer again. It went but needed force to close. It feels like it requires too much force to close shut.
    I wanted to include that the weather stripping tolerance is too tight and that the "ramp" side of the weather stripping ripped off when I closed the drawer. No image of this yet, but will update later. (update: you can see the weather stripping in the cracked photo - it is missing due to ripping off when closing)

Also, the face of the drawer has already cracked…. I think from just opening and closing the drawer. I’m a little bummed about it already cracking and filed a warranty claim. Day ONE.

@DECKEDUSA I’d love to hear any feedback or suggestions for a hard to close drawer

Also waiting for warranty claim response. It’s a holiday week so might be next week sometime.
    Stay tuned.

Install photo:

Crack on the drawer face, top right corner. Not sure why this even happened.

EDIT: added photos, added text, tagged decked

Last edited: Nov 21, 2023
  10. Nov 22, 2023 at 7:45 AM
    microsnook

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '20 TRD OR MGM MT
    I wanted to update, after posting to youtube and reading some of the replies to my comment. It seems that I am not the only person experiencing this exact issue. My deck seems to be warped downward in the middle and thats where its having trouble closing. The following day, this same person reported that the deck fixed itself somehow and the drawer closes without any more issue. I haven't checked on mine yet but will shortly and report back.
    Just glad I am not the only one experiencing this. But now I might be after his latest update.

Here are the screenshots of the comments:

@DECKEDUSA

11. Nov 27, 2023 at 8:19 AM
    9mmMike

9mmMike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    SE PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR 4x4 DCLB - Cement
    Thanks @microsnook for the update on the new system. I have the old one and really like it a ton and I was considering an "upgrade" in the future but I think I will stand fast with what I have until the new one has been out awhile longer.

12. Nov 27, 2023 at 8:49 AM
    microsnook

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '20 TRD OR MGM MT
    My warranty claim was responded to within 24 hours.
    They just needed to know what to send out and to verify address, etc.
    They should be sending out a new drawer along with a new strip of the weather stripping for on top of the drawer.
    I loosened my torsion bar and operated the drawer several times and re-tightened it. Now the operation of the drawer feels as it should. Smooth opening and closing. Just need to replace the cracked drawer face and weather stripping and it should be perfect.

Chew and 9mmMike[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Jan 8, 2024 at 11:19 AM
    SpyGoat

SpyGoat I miss you Hobbs

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Long Island, NY
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Off Road MGM DCSB
    A bunch..and no build thread!
    Just installed my Decked system Saturday. My weather strip is too tight and jams the drawer up. I am going to try and take the torsion bar off and try adjusting it, but other than that, it is phenomenally easy to assemble and the instructions (both written and the video) were top-notch (and funny). I did buy the optional locks for the drawer and cubbies.
    DECKED_001.jpg DECKED_002.jpg DECKED_003.jpg

9mmMike likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top