1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deckplate/Elbow Mod

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by 97Taco2426, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Oct 13, 2006 at 2:43 PM
    97Taco2426

97Taco2426 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I recently did the deckplate mod to my 2RV-FE. Within a few days, Ive noticed a dramatic decrease in gas mileage. I also got new wheels for my truck, but only 1" bigger rim than previous rims, and 1" smaller tires than previous to balance it out.

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed worse/better gas mileage with the deckplate mod.

Also, how do you perform the elbow mod?

2. Nov 29, 2006 at 11:27 PM
    rockn06sport

rockn06sport Active Member

Member:
    If you ever get this..PM me because I will probably forget to check this....how big did you cut your box to fit your deckplate?

3. Nov 30, 2006 at 4:23 PM
    twoarezee

twoarezee Well-Known Member

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    rims,tires,3"/6" drop, 4x4 front end, 01 tails and corners, prerunner buckets,tenzo r steering wheel w/ momo hub, b&m shifterw/ jdm trd knob, alpine system, tint, 3 3/4" autometer tach, jardine cat back, k&n, debaged, hellwig rear sway bar, kyb monomax shocks, tundra v8 oil filter w/ mobil 1 in ever
    to do the elbow mod you need to remove the upper half of the intake, then you will see a black plastic "elbow" that is attached to the side of the fender well, remove the 2 10mm bolts and wiggle the elbow out. it might help if you remove the passenger side cornerlight to aid in the removal of the elbow. when i removed mine i cut the 90* elbow off and bolted the the piece that was left back on to the fenderwell to clean up the hole and so it looks factory.

4. Dec 1, 2006 at 12:58 AM
    rockn06sport

Member:
    I actually just took out my intake today to see what exactly i would be modifying. The elbow is very small. Did you just cut off the elbow and leave the insulation in and stick the air box right back into the fender well?

5. Dec 1, 2006 at 1:40 PM
    twoarezee

twoarezee Well-Known Member

Member:
    esco, ca
    Vehicle:
    00 Dropped Mini
    rims,tires,3"/6" drop, 4x4 front end, 01 tails and corners, prerunner buckets,tenzo r steering wheel w/ momo hub, b&m shifterw/ jdm trd knob, alpine system, tint, 3 3/4" autometer tach, jardine cat back, k&n, debaged, hellwig rear sway bar, kyb monomax shocks, tundra v8 oil filter w/ mobil 1 in ever
    basically, but i dont know if this mod applies to the 05+ tacomas.

6. Dec 1, 2006 at 4:19 PM
    rockn06sport

Member:
    ya it is quite a small elbow...i dont even think a deckplate mod will work with a new intake...the box looks like it is pretty much wide open for free air flow....id like to know how to keep the hot air out...maybe closing up the top of the air box??

Products Discussed in

To Top