1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Defects or Issues?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 007Tacoma, Apr 29, 2007.

?

What kind of issues/defects are you having with your Tacoma?

1. Electrical Issues (wiring, lighting, gauges, starting, battery, etc...)

10.1%
  2. Strange Noises (clunking, whirring, popping, etc...)

23.1%
  3. Wind Noise (excessive wind noise in the cab at any speed)

14.1%
  4. Vibrations during Acceleration

13.2%
  5. Vibrations during Cruising

10.1%
  6. Vibrations during Deceleration

7.7%
  7. Lunging or Jumping in RPMs

14.0%
  8. Other issues (please describe in your post)

11.6%
  9. None (I am blessed)

34.8%
  1. May 9, 2013 at 1:27 PM
    Syncros

Syncros Well-Known Member

Member:
    BC.
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4x4
    06 Access Cab V6 4wd. It continues to be very reliable but has some annoyances.

- Cold start engine rattle. This is not the "normal" ticking sound, it's much louder and goes away within a few minutes of driving. Can't pin point it with my stethescope, it's been an on going problem for over 40,000km, has not gotten any worse. Piston slap is my best guess.

- Exhaust manifold "flutter" noise at certain RPM's since I have owned the truck, I was well past the warranty before I realized there was a TSB to upgrade to the 07+ tubular style manifolds. :mad:

- No grease zerk on the drive shaft slip yoke, next time I have to pull the drive shaft to grease the splines im just going to add my own zerk.

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. May 9, 2013 at 1:43 PM
    2006TRDSPORT

2006TRDSPORT 2006TRDSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Felton, Delaware
    Vehicle:
    2004 4Runner SR5 4WD
    1. 2006
    2. V6
    3.2WD
    4. DoubleCab
    5.TRD Sr5 PreRunner
    6. No Issues, best & most reliable vehicle every owned!!!

3. Jun 22, 2013 at 9:26 PM
    FFMast

FFMast Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    North Florida
    Vehicle:
    08 Sport 4x4
    Toytec 3" lift with AAL, BFG AT's Kenwood Stereo w/ USB and Aux outputs front and rear, Wet Okole, Spidereyez, Window visors, Bull guard (dont laugh, my wife bought it so I had to put it on), blacked out badges.
    1) '08
    2) V6
    3) 4WD
    4) Double Cab
    5) TRD
    6)Grinding/Clunking going in to 3rd

4. Sep 22, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    04TacoOwner

04TacoOwner New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    04 Tacoma Double Cab
    Tacoma
    V6
    Double Cab
    TRD

I love the truck but I've got one major problem. About 6 months ago I noticed a rough texture to the paint on the roof. Within a month the paint deteriorated to the point where rust began to show through. The roof has been waxed in the past but I will admit that it didn't always get waxed as often as the rest of the truck because it is more difficult to reach. I've seen a few other posts about this problem.

5. Sep 22, 2013 at 3:16 PM
    nut

nut she'll ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Currently Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    Totaled
    TRD SKEWP DCSB 4x4 Silver Mica | URD TCAI/MAF CAL | BHLM | GrillCraft | FF Sliders | LED's All Around | 12v Constant On | EGR In Channel | 15% Tint | Trimmed mud flaps | Fog Light Anytime Mod | Debadged | Tailgate Hoseclamp | DTRL Switch | Disabled Lock Beep/Seatbelt Chime | Husky Liners | HID's | BedRug | WO Seat Covers | ABS Kill Switch | Oil Catch Can | Viper 5704 | Custom Carbon Cabin Filter | Backup Camera Anytime | 400W Anytime | In Cab Outlet W/USB | Firestone Ride Rites | Ams Oil All Around | 32" LED In Lower Grill | BlackVue DR500GW-HD |
    1. 2012
    2. V6
    3.4WD
    4. DoubleCab
    5.TRD SKEWP
    6. Fine women all over my shit, blocking my view, it's really dangerous. I'm suing toyota. Anyone wanna class action w/me?

6. Sep 10, 2014 at 2:00 PM
    Turttle98

Turttle98 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Abel
    California
    Vehicle:
    06 trd sport dbl cab 7 inch lift diamond whit
    Spider tail lights Pro comp stage 2 lift kit with fox coilovers and double rear 2.5 fox shocks with bypass reservoirs on each side Kenwood ktv-516 indash kit Kenwood door speaker Kenwood tweeters 10" kenwood sub
    What did you do mine shuts off all the time especially at a stop like engine and power I need help

7. Feb 4, 2015 at 2:51 PM
    ChadsPride

ChadsPride Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 Texas Edition SR5 PreRunner
    1) 2015 Texas Edition Super White
    2) V6 Automatic
    3)2WD, has traction control
    4) Double Cab, Short Bed
    5) Pre Runner - Stock suspension

6)There is a buzzing noise coming from the glove compartment area, happens from 1000 to 2000 rmps. Not too extremely consistent but it happens just about every time i step on the gas in these ranges. Somebody, Anybody, please send me a PM if you know any way to make it stop. I just bought this brand new truck and the buzzing is about to drive me out of my mind.....HEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPPPP

8. Feb 5, 2015 at 6:46 AM
    Silvert

Silvert Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma reg. cab.,5sp., 4 cyl.
    This is kind of a goofy way of hopefully stopping the sound, but it has worked for me on other cars. Get some foam rubber and stuff it between cables and such behind the glove box. If you can take it out that might make it easier. This is to isolate the ''noise maker". One time I also took out the screwsl holding a glove box in place and made like little foam washers to further isolate the noise maker. That worked immediately and for the 10 years I had the car. It is cheap and easy and MAY work. Good luck.
    Silvert

9. Feb 5, 2015 at 7:20 AM
    stucksucksnayota

stucksucksnayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Barry
    Fort Smith, Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    14 Taco 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    OEM roof rack, Shorty antenna (eBay), soft tonneau cover, K&N drop in air filter, bed mat, interior LED lights, 5100's, MT tires to come soon!!!
    1) 2014
    2) V6 Auto
    3) 4wd
    4) Double cab, short bed
    5) TRD Sport
    6) Some of the biggest things I have noticed about this truck is the wind noise when driving on the interstate. The rattle i randomly have that sounds like it is coming from my entune head unit. My rear leaf springs squeak on and off. Random axle wrap thunks when I come to a stop sometimes.
    Must of these issues are minor, but they are still annoying with a brand new truck.

But all and all I do love my truck and I still think the 2nd gen Tacomas are one of the best looking trucks ever produced!

To Top