1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Demello X-wing sliders

Discussion in 'Armor' started by Mudfootshuffle, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Oct 15, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    Mudfootshuffle

Mudfootshuffle [OP] <unknown member>

Member:
    Interested in user reviews on x-wing sliders. I will be adding sliders soon to replace my step bars and I really like the look and design of these. The x-wings really stand out in my opinion and I have never seen anything even close to this design in my area. I have completed my lift recently and need to begin adding armor to my truck before I feel confident in hitting the trail. I want to start with sliders because the steps are starting to bug me now that I know they offer no real protection outside the parking lot. The parking lot is a concern for me though as I teach at a local tech college and park in the lot with students.
    Any advice or opinions on sliders are welcome but I would specifically like to hear reviews on this set. How do they work with or are there any conflicts with skid plate mounting etc...? For trail readiness, would I be better off starting with a bumper and just remove my n-fabs before hitting the trail? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

wagerhope likes this.
  2. Oct 17, 2016 at 4:10 AM
    jmdwifi

jmdwifi My Inferno

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    See profile
    I had the X-Wings on my FJ Cruiser. They are the most bad ass sliders Ive ever seen or used. I paid about 900 for the FJ version but the Tacoma version is 1399 powder coated. Too rich for my blood. One day I will move to a 4Runner and will get them again.

3. Oct 17, 2016 at 1:40 PM
    Mudfootshuffle

Member:
    The price makes it a tough decision, waffling between these and a plate front bumper at about the same cost. They definitely look robust and very cool. Thanks for the input.

4. Oct 21, 2016 at 7:00 AM
    Mudfootshuffle

Member:
    Picked Mobtown bolt on with fill plates and kick outs. Took advantage of the high lift jack offer. Mobtown mounting system, weld position and east coast location sealed the deal.

Products Discussed in

To Top