1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Denied by Leesburg(VA)Toyota/Rear leaf tsb

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Redbone, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Feb 21, 2009 at 5:42 PM
    ElevenTenths

ElevenTenths Voice of Reason

Member:
    interesting... Priority in SE VA is a categorical "no" on suspension tsb's...

2. Feb 23, 2009 at 3:31 PM
    Redbone

Redbone [OP] Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    4x4 OR Rugged Trail(Black)
    Here is the update folks...please be seated when you read this...all though long winded I have to first state that I did all of the following things:
    I Contacted Yota CS and was issued a case # prior to my appointment last Friday. I also had a copy of the TSB with me when I dropped off the truck in the morning just in case there were any issues, but the service advisor had it printed it out already. As stated earlier, when I picked up the vehicle I was informed that they would not perform the TSB service becuase they could not replicate the issue with their "test"(4 over-weight techs checking in at 900 lbs. riding in the cab). Obviously there is no merit to their alleged test as my concern was with carrying heavy cargo in the bed. Rather than engage in an argument with the service advisor, who was simply the messenger, I contacted Yota CS on Friday evening regarding my concerns and was issued yet another case number and was told a case manger would be in touch with me today.

So here we are...I was contacted today by a case manager and was immediately told that the Regional Rep. for my area was involved in evaluating my vehicle last Friday and that I did not qualify for the TSB. After some run around I got to the root of the matter, Toyota is using my cap as the out...they/the regional rep. consider it an after market part/modification and grounds for denial of the TSB work. LAME to say the least...I honestly laughed out loud...the cap is a Snug-Top XV, although not an official Toyota accessory but they surely endorse this company's product. I told the case manager I have no issue taking the cap off if necessary and shared with her that there are dealers performing the work on 2009's!!!!! She said she would touch base with me after speaking with the regional rep. I am informed her politely that will not go away until this work is performed......what a waste of my time and theirs, but if I have to play their game I will. To be continued.....

3. Feb 23, 2009 at 3:37 PM
    Simon2150

Simon2150 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma DoubleCab V6 SR5
    holy fuck! can you take this to another dealer? i can't believe you're having to play all these games, frekin' bull and I hope you get it done.

4. Feb 23, 2009 at 4:03 PM
    ElevenTenths

ElevenTenths Voice of Reason

Member:
    This is what we are up against here on the right coast trying to get this done...

5. Feb 23, 2009 at 4:10 PM
    TacoCo

TacoCo Aspiring wrench monkey

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off-Road DC V6 Magnetic Gray
    Snugtop XV Shell, Yakima Rack, AFE Pro Dry Filter, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Michelin AT2's, Partially Debadged, HID conversion, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Rear leaf spring TSB, Foglights always on Mod, URD Short Throw Shifter, Toytec Coilovers on the way!
    Hmmmm, I guess I should take my cap off when I take my '09 by the dealer in 2 weeks, though they said they would do it.

6. Feb 23, 2009 at 5:00 PM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    No matter if you want to keep dealing with this same dealer or not, you must start sending letters and making calls to every Toyota address and number you can find.

I was just talking to longbow today and he even mentioned that once you threaten their 4 star service credentials, they start wanting to make it right quickly.

Send longbow a pm and see if he has some addys that would get their attention.

I seen a Japan corporate e-mail address here on TW one time but I don't know where it is right now.

7. Mar 1, 2009 at 2:24 PM
    Redbone

Redbone [OP] Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    just a quick update....I was assured by Jane(Corporate Case Manager) on 2/23 that she would get back to me after speaking with the Regional Rep before Friday of last week....well Friday(2/27) came and went and I didn't hear from her or any one else for that matter...looks like I will be calling in Monday morning....

8. Mar 3, 2009 at 2:49 PM
    Redbone

Redbone [OP] Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    This is exhausting and probably boring for you guys to read but here is the update...I spoke with Jane the case manager on Monday...she stated that Leesburg Toyota gave her incorrect information regarding my case and that my Snugtop cap did not disqualify me from having the TSB work done....that being said because they could not replicate the issue they could not perform the work...again we could go on about the meritless evaluation they performed, but after asking why my 3 leaf pack was performing better than all the ones that have been replaced there was dead silence on the phone...she then said she would be contacting dealers she works more closely with and get back to me regarding having the work done...we shall see...thanks for letting complain, but it should not be this difficult!

9. Mar 3, 2009 at 2:56 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    You would have to pay me to go in to that dealership again. If the jackasses don't want to do the work, chances are, they will screw it up when you win this battle. I can see them now, they are going to say that the TSB is wrong and that you don't need an alignment after, and then 6 months later you are going to want to know why your tires are growing bald. They'll blame that on the cap too.

Go find another dealership.

10. Mar 3, 2009 at 4:27 PM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    lsocoee is exactly right!!! Do like he said!

And for the record as I've said many times,

Nobody must prove anything, the TSB states 'due to customer complaint'!! This is a customer complaint generated TSB. If you say 'Harsh Ride', they do TSB, end of story!:annoyed:

11. Mar 3, 2009 at 4:30 PM
    CtryBoyInMT

CtryBoyInMT Lifetime Member

Member:
    United States of America
    Vehicle:
    2008 4WD V6 Access Manual TRD Off-Road
    Tinted windows, Rear locker anytime, Secondary filter delete, Parking light activated Fog lights, USA▪Spec Ipod adapter, Map light mod, Relocated 7-Blade, Warn Trans4mer Brushguard & winch, Tire chains, Homelink© installed in headliner, LED lighted 4x4 Switch, Defrost w/o A/C, Heated mirrors, Bilstein 5100's (1.75") & Rear TSB, 50w Reverse lights, Pratt & Whitney PT6A-68, Will this list ever end???
    The first dealer I went to have the TSB done [Where I bought the truck no less] blamed the front grill guard.
    I laughed the 5 miles to the next dealer and they got the $1400 from Toyota to do the TSB.

I agree with Isocoee. Just go to a dealer who cares about you.

12. Mar 19, 2009 at 12:50 PM
    Redbone

Redbone [OP] Member

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    Here's the update(if any body cares).....Koon's Tyson's Toyota has saved the day!...I spoke with the service manager and the head technician today, and no problem, the parts(rear leaf tsb) have been ordered and they will contact me when they are in. They didn't waste my time and their's attempting to "replicate" the issue. They were very professional and prompt in addressing my issue.

Unless you are completely desperate for warranty work on your Yota, AVOID LEESBURG TOYOTA(VA) AT ALL COST!!!
    Simply the worst experience I have ever had working with a dealership.......

13. Mar 19, 2009 at 12:55 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    WOW!! what an ordeal... Glad its working out in the end.

14. Mar 20, 2009 at 10:53 AM
    hoosiertaco

Member:
    we do care, thanks for the update. Glad it worked out well for you.:D

15. Mar 20, 2009 at 11:25 AM
    klown

klown Tacoma World Ring Leader

Member:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Vehicle:
    2008 TRD sport 4x4 double cab 6-speed
    Black, leather and heated seats, borla sport exhaust, side curtain airbags, daytime running lights, all weather mats, JBL premium 6 disk changer system, stainless step tubes, window tint, tow package
    Why be disgusted? If it's not bottoming out with 800 lbs of dick in the bed, then that's probably rated capacity. I've put about 3000 lbs of dirt in my bed with no bottoming out. They put 800 lbs of dick cheese in the bed and think you have no issue.

Edit, looks like you got it taken care of.

Products Discussed in

To Top