1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

desicions, decisions, desicions

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacoman101, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Oct 12, 2009 at 2:53 PM
    tacoman101

tacoman101 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    vermont
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tacoma sr5 xtra cab 4wd
    blue led headlights, 285/75/16 grabber AT2's, custom pedals, custom shifter, flowmaster 40 series muffler, bedlinered fender flares, 2.5" lift kit via shackles and spacers, custom exhaust out the back, chrome exhaust tip, and Herculined bed, Weathertech floormats, Cabelas Trail Gear Camo Seat Covers ... Nice thing was I got the truck for $4000
    Today i ventured down to the local auto body shop to see about a price quote for some scratches on my truck. I hate scratches on my truck, i know they are just part of owning a truck, but i hate them. A few days ago i was with some friends that showed my this trail that they wanted to take my truck on. So i agreed, they led my down this trail and it got narrower and narrower, then i turn this corner and the trail ahead is only the width of an ATV. Not wanting to look like a pussy i drive through. I cringed when as i heard the scraping of all the tree limbs shredding the clear coat on my alnost perfect truck.

The next day i cleaned my truck and surveyed the damage, and sure enough i have plenty of scratches all along my truck. Luckily there were only scratches on the passenger side. I was pissed, so, like i said, i drove to the auto body shop. Its only $250 to paint/clear coat my hole passenger side of my truck. I was wicked happy about the price. I don't know if i should live with the scratches, or take the oppurtunity to get them taken care of at a bargain price.

2. Oct 12, 2009 at 3:08 PM
    Cars0n`

Cars0n` Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Carson
    Alberta
    Vehicle:
    03 2.7L 4x4 5spd
    if its not to the bare metal i say just leave it cuz its gonna get scratched up again especially with a 4X4. but if you cant deal with that id try to buff them out first before repainting

3. Oct 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM
    Blumpkinson

Blumpkinson Fuelled by plutonium and wild animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    OR
    Vehicle:
    03 4x4 5spd
    If your gonna keep going on trails then i would think that would be $250 down the drain, its just gonna get scratched up next time. I would get some sliders with that money and call it a day.

4. Oct 12, 2009 at 6:13 PM
    blkcoma32

blkcoma32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Illinois
    Vehicle:
    98' 4x4 on tirty trees
    3 inch coilover and add-a leaf lift
    It goes w/ the territory when you're wheelin' dude. I had a hard time gettin used to it also. Bare your scratches with pride buddy!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top