1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Did the TSB spring things

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Dondo, May 4, 2010.

1. May 4, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    Dondo

Dondo [OP] Member

Member:
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner SR5
    and.....if anyone has ever had ANY inclination to get it done, just do it. This is from someone who drove about 1500 miles with the stock "squishy" springs an who also came from full size American trucks. My 2010 Tacoma now feels "proper", like a pickup should. Yes, you feel the road a little more, but you can really tell a difference in the way the truck goes around corners. It just "feels" more solid.

If you are considering it...just do it. You will be happy that you did.

On a side note, the service guy just stood there when I came to pickup my truck. He had the look on his face like.."You are going to hate you truck now." Bah...if I wanted a car like ride, I would have bought a car.

Dondo

2. May 4, 2010 at 7:30 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    The three leaf packs are junk and will eventually break like they did on my 1st generation Tacoma. Even if you never carry loads I would still suggest to get them replaced just so the truck will handle better.

3. May 4, 2010 at 7:42 AM
    westport toyota

westport toyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    got mine done two days ago and really like the solid feeling but truck is a little lower without my aal in. The ride isnt harsh. the only thing i liked about the other springs is the back end sqwating down when you punched it and it kinda did it around corners to like a trophy truck:burnrubber:

4. May 4, 2010 at 8:05 AM
    RainDodger

RainDodger YGWYPF

Member:
    Great Northwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 Black, TRD Sport
    None yet! It's new!
    It's still a "car ride" and always will be. Don't get me wrong - I love my Tacoma, but it's basically a car with a pickup bed on the back. That's just the way these "trucks" are these days. Even my wife won't call it a "truck"... she calls it a pickup.

A truck is something else altogether, and it doesn't have all the fancy crap our vehicles have. Trucks have real truck suspensions and the drivers don't generally bitch about squeaks and rattles and the fact that the interior isn't plush enough.... :)

My '09 has the leaf upgrade and it's still a soft suspension. It's great with no load. This weekend I'll be trying it with a few full loads of topsoil and we'll see what it's like then.

Products Discussed in

To Top