1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Diff Breather Mod/Relocation: Even Easier

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by goldentaco03, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jan 13, 2019 at 12:57 PM
    goldentaco03

goldentaco03 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Liam
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma Xtra Cab 4x4 SR5
    3in lift (Bilstein 5100, AAL), Bull Bar with halogen Hella Fogs and High Beams
    I haven't seen this in any of the threads I read through about relocating or even cleaning the rear diff breather so I figured I would share.

I took off my diff breather today cause it was all crudded up. Popped the little cap off of it and cleaned it up. I noticed that the fitting already has a barb on it. So in theory if someone wanted to relocate their breather line they wouldn't even have to search for a hose fitting with the correct threads, hose ID, etc... Simply pop a piece of gas line or similar oil resistant hose over that barb (It looked to be about 3/8" iirc) and put a hose clamp over it. Then finish the relocation by running it all the way up to the gas cap or wherever you please.

In terms of tubing, it doesn't necessarily have to be gas line. You just need oil resistance, so theres a lot of cheaper PVC tubes out there that will work fine. Especially since this tube won't be carrying any oil, at most it might come into contact with a splash of oil.

Sorry I didn't take any pictures cause my hands were dirty. It also didn't really cross my mind until a couple hours later after I had it all put back together and was on to other things.

Area51Runner likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top