1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

diff lock actuator

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by caesarspalace, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Nov 7, 2017 at 10:44 PM
    arctic04trd

arctic04trd VA7XTE

Member:
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    2010 DCLB
    The hole for the elocker to slide into the diff should be higher than the fill port at the back of the diff. So not sure how you are getting fluid pouring out the front :crazy: Overfilled maybe? Mine never spilled out. I would take it off and then check the level though the fill port. You should be able to remove the elocker and still have the correct amount of fluid in the diff.

Like stated above, just top off the gear oil once finished. Or change it altogether. It needs changing every 15k anyway.

Just for reference: I paid $400 cad for an slicker off a wrecked truck. Works great so far. The same thing happened to mine as the OP. If it happens again, I'll swap the axle to an 8.4 (suck it, to whoever says it's still an 8" :D) and drop an ARB in there. I already have an ARB front locker, so it's no big deal.

Products Discussed in

To Top