1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIFF swap?? tacoma help!!!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by Emminasian, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Emminasian

Emminasian [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Emil
    Glendale , CA
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT
    i have a 2011 tacoma trd sport 4x2 , what can i gain if i swap out the rear axle with 4x4 axle and diff? Lockers ?

2. smmarine

smmarine Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Melbourne FL
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma Prerunner SR5
    Detroit truetrac, LED off-road lights front and back, HID headlights, LED parking, interior, license plate, and reverse light bulbs, 2003 tail lights, Cobra 19LTD Classic CB w/ 102" whip, deck plate mod
    You already have a limited slip differential. I'm a first gen, so I'm not sure how it would work for you because you have a lot more electronics then I do. I think you would want a TRD Off Road axle if you wanted a locker, because that's what it is for the first gen, but I think it may be different for you. I think they did away with all the mechanical lockers and limited slips and went to electronically lockers and limited slips.

3. steezinstangl

steezinstangl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Elk Grove, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 FJ Cruiser
    Mini H1 Retrofit 5K, 1st Gen TRD CAI, JBA Catback, Radflo 2.5 extended coilovers w/ resis, Radflo 2.5 rear shocks with resis, toytec superflex rear springs, DSM Uniball UCA's, intake manifold spacer
    nothing gained unless you want the elocker from the trd off road like said above ^^^ you might as well just put an arb locker in there if you want a locker or a detroit trutrac if you was a mechanical limited slip instead of the electronically limited slip (auto lsd)

To Top