1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

difference b/t these two tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TacoFMS, May 11, 2012.

1. May 11, 2012 at 9:42 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS [OP] Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    well i am in the market to get some new tires to rplace the dunflops on my truck. i already have a set of wrangler duratracs mounted up on a second set of wheels for the trails, so im looking for a less aggressive tire that will be quieter and smoother on highway driving, much safer thean the dunflops on wet roads, and wont make me nervous about getting hung up if i go cutting through the yard. reason i dont just run the duratracs at all times is i have a 6 month old and the added roughness to the ride along with the noise from the tires keeps him restless in the truck.

i have it narrowed down b/t two tires.
    cooper discoverer ATP http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=11803&counter=3&ar=75&rd=16&sw=false&cs=265
    or
    the cooper discoverer A/T3 http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...c=27122&counter=4&ar=75&rd=16&sw=false&cs=265
    both 55,000 mile warranty extremely similar in price and look very similar. what i am looking for is "ideally" someone who has ran both kinds to give a comparison of road manners/noise but i realize that isnt likely to happen so maybe some that have at least one of them and if they would stick with it for my needs or try the other one out?

as always thanks in advance for the help and yes i searched first, but nothing i read answered my questions. only talked about the tread life of coopers in general and offroad performance or snow performance.

2. May 11, 2012 at 10:01 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
  3. May 11, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS [OP] Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    thanks pugga i found the thread about your at3's and a few others but it didnt seem as though any said anything decidingly different about one tire over another. both had very similar reviews from what ive seen........ am i correct in this or did i read them wrong?

4. May 11, 2012 at 10:09 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Sounds about right. I definitely haven't seen anyone who has had both tires and can compare one against the other and there seem to only be a small handful that have the ATP. Generally, both seem to have good reviews. You'll find more reviews, both good and bad, about the AT3 simply because they're a more widely used tire. Wish I could help you but I've never had the ATP or even seen them in person.

Products Discussed in

To Top