1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Differential problems from installing Billsteins 5100's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by wildtrt, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Apr 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM
    wildtrt

wildtrt [OP] Active Member

Member:
    TXPRO
    Hi guys,
    I'm looking for some guidance. I have a 2011 TRD and I just got the tsb done. Also got the steering shaft tsb done. It's like a new truck, night and day. After I did the tsb I had 5100s put on set of 4, fronts set at 1.75. Looks great truck very close to absolute level. Next day heard a knocking noise in my driver side front end, loud. Got home put it up on a lift and the axles are really loose going into the differential. Driver side really loose passenger side just loose. Lots of play. They are properly attached no fluid leaking definitely secure just lots of play. I really don't know what they were like before. Is a lot of play normal? Could the install of the 5100 have done that. What are the warranty implications?
    My thought is to have the garage that installed them take them off put my stocks back on. Take it to the dealer have them check the diff. Then maybe have the dealer put the 5100 on.
    Any guidance is very appreciated!

Products Discussed in

To Top