1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dimming Mirror w/Temp Possible with Toupe Interior....

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by dessertsand05, Oct 25, 2010.

1. Oct 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM
    dessertsand05

dessertsand05 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boston
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma DC SR5 4x4
    Working on it
    I have given up on the OEM temp/compas gauge as I have a Toupe(tan) Interior that never had trim for it. I have a 2005 SR5 4x4 v6 with tan interior, and looking at one of those auto dimming mirrors with the temp gauge in it.

Does anyone know if the tacomas with the tan interior have the temp gauge pre wired for use in this mirror like the grey interiors?

Anyone know of the best place to get the auto dimming mirrors from?

2. Oct 26, 2010 at 7:08 AM
    Tunngavik

Tunngavik Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Off-Road Access Cab 6 speed manual
    KC-HiLites Fog Lamps, Kicker speaker and tweeter upgrade, USB in center console, Power tailgate lock, Soundproofing, 32" lightbar
    I have a 2010 SR5 4x4 I4 with a tan/biege interior (I'm assuming this is the same as toupe). It did come prewired with a temp sensor and plugs in the overhead console.

I installed a Gentex mirror and tried to wire it to the Toyota temp sensor but it did not work. Fortunately the mirror came with it's own temperature sensor so I installed that and wired it in and it worked great. The compass is built into the mirror.

I ran all the wires along the windshield in the headliner and along the front drivers column. 12V power was found by the front drivers kickplate with use of a multimeter.

Hope this helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top