1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Dirty Birdy Budget Luxury Runner Build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by Jeebz, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Jan 24, 2016 at 6:16 PM
    Jeebz

Jeebz [OP] AKA Dirty Birdy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    AFE CAI w/ K&N Filter Black Widow 2.5 dumped Camburg UCA & LCA Camburg Spindles Camburg Clevis & Inner rods Buckshot Racing Shock Hoops 2.5 Race 10" Fox Coil Over 2.5 Race 10" Fox Double Bypasses 2.0 Race Series Fox Bump-Stops Total Chaos Coil Bucket Tower BuckShot Racing Stealth Bed-cage H70 Deaver Leaf Pack Richer Racing 2nd Gen Shackles 2.5 Race Fox Double Bypasses 2.0 Race Fox Bump-Stops 17' SCS SR8's General Grabbers 35s BuckShot Racing Front Bumper Glassworks Unlimited Fenders 20" SDS Offroad Hyperion LED bar MCM Fab Roll Cage Moroso Roll Cage Padding Longacre 14" mirror Blue Leather Recaro Racing Seats Boxed frame from cab-back. FOUR PCI Headsets Full PCI Race Radio & Intercom PCI Antenne
    Greased my u joints, flushed the tranny, motor and rear diff oil. Also changed out the spark plugs. I put the rest of her back together tomorrow.

image.jpg

2. Jan 24, 2016 at 6:18 PM
    06HAOLE

06HAOLE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Ford Raptor
    Truck looks great. When are you taking her out to hit the dirt?

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 24, 2016 at 6:20 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    AFE CAI w/ K&N Filter Black Widow 2.5 dumped Camburg UCA & LCA Camburg Spindles Camburg Clevis & Inner rods Buckshot Racing Shock Hoops 2.5 Race 10" Fox Coil Over 2.5 Race 10" Fox Double Bypasses 2.0 Race Series Fox Bump-Stops Total Chaos Coil Bucket Tower BuckShot Racing Stealth Bed-cage H70 Deaver Leaf Pack Richer Racing 2nd Gen Shackles 2.5 Race Fox Double Bypasses 2.0 Race Fox Bump-Stops 17' SCS SR8's General Grabbers 35s BuckShot Racing Front Bumper Glassworks Unlimited Fenders 20" SDS Offroad Hyperion LED bar MCM Fab Roll Cage Moroso Roll Cage Padding Longacre 14" mirror Blue Leather Recaro Racing Seats Boxed frame from cab-back. FOUR PCI Headsets Full PCI Race Radio & Intercom PCI Antenne
    Trying to break in the rear diff, still had some shims on the plug. I'm also getting a knock every time I accelerate from a complete stop. I have a few more things to do so ............... Next week? Lol

06HAOLE and ChadsPride like this.
  4. Jan 25, 2016 at 12:15 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    ARP Extended wheel studs just arrived, saying good bye to my rear spacers ....... Whoo hoo!
    image.jpg

Croth51, 06HAOLE and ChadsPride like this.
  5. Jan 25, 2016 at 12:31 PM
    tubbsisland

tubbsisland I took snowtanks beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Arizona
    how is running extended studs going to eliminate the need for wheel spacers?

6. Jan 25, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    The stock wheel studs won't bite on these wheels, I'm lucky it I get 2 turns on them. I think the wheel adapters/spacers were put on so the wheel could be. Now I can go all the way through the lug nut since they are open. Bottom line ...... Way safer.

7. Jan 25, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    Here at Chino Valley Muffler adding Black Widow 2.5 Exhaust

SonnyBones, 06HAOLE and ChadsPride like this.
  8. Jan 25, 2016 at 2:38 PM
    tubbsisland

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Arizona
    not really how it works. You need an ET style lug to get a little more bite on the stud but the ARP studs are still a great upgrade and way stronger however they will likely be too long for a lot of normal lugs. The spacers would have been added to help match the track width of the kit up front and pull the tires away from the outboard mounted bypasses. without them you will be all over the rear shocks with any kid of articulation. Only way around the spacers is with a full width housing.

Jeebz[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Jan 25, 2016 at 3:08 PM
    tubbsisland

Member:
    First Name:
    Cliff
    Arizona
    This is what you need

[​IMG]

wheel spacers kind of have a bad rap. 99% of the wheel spacer failures you will see are because of poor maintenance. They should be treated like your wheels and retorqued every time you rotate your tires

ChadsPride likes this.
  10. Jan 25, 2016 at 6:16 PM
    dirt addiction

dirt addiction Well-Known Member

Member:
    Flagstaff
    Solo motorsports XLT LT, foxshox
    I'd like to know how you like it, I'm leaning towards black widow but was worried about it sounding like a ricer and drone

11. Jan 25, 2016 at 6:46 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    I bought open ended lug nuts, I wanted the nut that wasn't going to be flush with the wheel studs. As much as I hate wheel spacers, I will have to keep them till I upgrade the rear end as you mentioned. I can already see some rubber markings on the rear bypasses with these spacers, What a burn! As far as the track width, I agree with you but am willing to take what comes with a shorter rear end instead of the wheel spacers but I am forced to keep them for now. After finding that out we decided to source the cage knock, after one trip around the block we figured it out. One of my leaf completely broke off the mount. Looks like I'm buying a Deaver leaf pack this week smhimage.jpg

ChadsPride likes this.
  12. Jan 25, 2016 at 6:49 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    I love it and hate it. Coming from a magnaflow 40, it has it's perks. No drone only at 5k rpm to red line. TRD stocking sound till your on it. For the most part I'm happy that the drone is gone and I can actually carry a conversation in the cab now.

13. Jan 25, 2016 at 6:51 PM
    dirt addiction

Member:
    Flagstaff
    So what do you hate?

14. Jan 25, 2016 at 6:52 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    Sounds stock with the stock headers and cat

15. Jan 25, 2016 at 6:53 PM
    dirt addiction

Member:
    Flagstaff
    Sounds perfect for me! Thanks!

Jeebz[OP] likes this.
  16. Jan 25, 2016 at 8:01 PM
    Croth51

Croth51 Croth Metal Works

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Rancho Cucamonga Ca
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma Dbl Cab
    16 Method NV,33 Bfg AT KO2, 14 in Fox shocks hydraulic bumps swayaway coilovers 50 in LED Lightbar A pillar Ditch lights ,Custom Skidplate,4 Hella Hid lights,Custom grille,7 in Pioneer touch screen Head unit, 12 in CT sounds Meso CT 1400.1 amp, kicker doorspeaker, 500 watt doorspeaker amp, white LED rocklights, LED pod Dustlight,
    You need some 1/4 inch ones right

17. Jan 26, 2016 at 3:04 PM
    tacitos

tacitos Tah-Key-Toes

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 TRDORDCLBJBL
    Nice build brutha, where can I go to pick up some HID's? Do you have a website?

18. Jan 28, 2016 at 6:56 AM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    Thanks my man and sorry for the late response. Our shop is located in Chino and the website is www.impressivewrap.com. No lighting products sold online and only in stores.

19. Jan 28, 2016 at 7:06 AM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    1. Ordered a set of R1 rotors
    2. Already have the ARP wheel studs
    3. Set up an appointment with Deaver Springs to install new leaf packs

Now I'm trying to figure out if

A) fix the e locker and call it a day
    B) Do I get a true trac and fix e locker
    C) Or get chilkat designs e locker cable delete

BVita likes this.
  20. Jan 28, 2016 at 2:32 PM
    Jeebz

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Chino Hills
    Vehicle:
    08 fully caged LT DC
    Just got my E30 LT leaf pack rebuilt by Deaver in Santa Ana. Love this place, great service and pricing. Bye bye broken leafs! image.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top