1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Disappointed...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by AWorthyOpponent, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Oct 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Yeah but that makes you old fart living in the past. :D
    This is a new age of modern cars, even DMV is starting to move with times and now will include real life questions on the driver tests

You are speeding uncontrollably down the highway, and get text message from Jenna that Kim Kardasian twitted new "like: thing". What do you do.

A. Call your soul mate and ask him to provide a photo of said Twit.

B. Text Jenna back that you dont like Kim because she did not save the kittens

C. Let go of steering wheel, connect over 4G update your Facebook status to unavailable.

D. Continue browsing Facebook.

2. Oct 12, 2011 at 1:19 PM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Negative, I gots 2nd gen & makin the most out of it!

First, I never speed uncontrollably, only responsibly. But to answer the question...

E.None of the above - Don't give a shit about any Kardashians or Spacebook or MyFace & Twitter = space between twat & shitter. :p

3. Oct 12, 2011 at 2:04 PM
    Oceanrunner

Oceanrunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    What dealer in South Florida are you using? Make sure you get the TSB done on the steering... I had mine done at Kendall Toyota.

I have a 2011 TRD Sport DC 4x4 loaded. Personally I am very disappointing in the quality of Toyota and will not be buying another. I thought I was buying a quality vehicle and didn't mind paying the premium for the supposed Toyota = quality name. The only good thing so far has been this board.

4. Oct 13, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    AWorthyOpponent

AWorthyOpponent [OP] Member Caught Off Road

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Palm Beach County, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCLB TRD SPORT 4x4
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    It began making more noise the more I drove it. I'm cool with it now. As for the TPMS light, it wasn't on. I guess that's another thing I have to have checked that I completely overlooked. Thank you. FML

5. Oct 13, 2011 at 8:45 AM
    AWorthyOpponent

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    I actually love the truck. Compared to the competition, it's an obvious choice. I'd still buy another, but I'm bringing a list of TSB's that are going to be done before I even pick up the truck and test drive it.

6. Oct 13, 2011 at 8:47 AM
    AWorthyOpponent

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    That's pretty much how they fixed it. Toyota did pay to have a repairman come to my home and fix it. I gotta give em that one.

7. Oct 24, 2011 at 5:08 PM
    s810

s810 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab Sport V6
    skid plate, side steps, bed extender, dynamat, supercharger, Clazzio seat covers
    How's that whistling windshield? The reason I ask I that I also just bought a 2011 Tacoma. It has 1,600 miles on it. I never heard the windshield whistling but last night I discovered the seal along the bottom of the windshield in front of the driver was loose. I took it back to the dealer today and they said it needs a new seal. They ordered it and will put it in tomorrow.

I had a 1994 Camry that never gave me any major problems. I hope this problem on my Tacoma isn't the first of a long string of problems.

8. Oct 24, 2011 at 6:36 PM
    AWorthyOpponent

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    It may still make it after they replace the seal. There is a TSB out for it that tells Toyota how to fix it. They basically have to use a silicon sealant and glue the seal in place.

9. Oct 24, 2011 at 8:44 PM
    Goober

Goober Earthlings are fun to watch!

Member:
    Utah - Why just have only one?
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD Off-Planet AccessCab
    Just curious OP and all the others with similar complaints. Where was your truck manufactured? USA or Mexico? and what's the manufacture date? Is there some pattern here? I note that a lot of complaints are coming from Pre-runners. My 2011 Access cab TRD has had none of these issues, bought it in January and has 8500 miles now, it was made in USA.

I did have a similar experience with my '92 Silverado. Front end alignment, leaking front axle seals, and Stereo that wouldn't keep station memory. Chevy made 3 attemps to fix the latter. They had a policy to "repair" the unit and not replace it. I gave up and bought a cheap replacement.

10. Oct 25, 2011 at 2:41 AM
    2008taco

2008taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    chris
    san diego
    I would totally put up with all you did for a lifetime of free bfg mt's....

11. Oct 25, 2011 at 3:16 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    All the seal issues (fluids not windshield) on the 05 I chalked up to first yr of the 2nd gen and moved on to an 08. Haven't had those on the 08 (knocks on wood). Both are Fremont, CA trucks, both are prerunners and both both have the shitty 3 leaf packs. It just doesn't seem to matter on the 08 reg cab like it did on the 05 access cab. Both have the magic folding non-reinforced tailgates & yes, I have heard the windshield on the 08 sing a coupla times in crazy cross/headwinds doing 75 or so. Rare occurrance but it has done it. It's come down to the same thing as when you vote - picking the least crappy of what there is to pick from. Do you want this kind of shit or would you prefer that shit over there?

12. Oct 25, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    AWorthyOpponent

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    It was manufactured in Aug 2011 in the U.S.A. Also, Mine is indeed a 4x4...

13. Oct 25, 2011 at 7:15 PM
    AWorthyOpponent

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    TRD Catback Exhaust
    Yeah, I went with the All Terrain T/A...I couldn't wait, got a nail in the sidewall of a BFG Rugged Trail and it couldn't be patched. I didn't buy the Road Hazard part of the extended plan...I still get free replacements when these wear out...

14. Oct 25, 2011 at 7:18 PM
    Jez

Jez Hittn' easy steet on mud tires

Member:
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 Black DC TRD SR5
    K&N air intake, Fox 2.5 coilovers, Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expo rear leaf pack, Fox 2.0 rear shocks, Diff Drop, U-Bolt Flip kit, Drive Shaft shim kit, Weathertech's, Borla cat back, Ultra Gauge,Clarion Radio, 18% tinted windows all the way around, smoked tail lights and rear break light, painted front chrome grill black, stained yellow fog lights, black head light mod, Interior LED kit, LED reverse lights, black leather arm rest mod
    I think we all have most of those issues....I have become accustomed to these now and have actually found a lot of threads on here which have detailed information on correcting them. Definitely frustrating however given the amount these go for! Overall I love my Taco and wouldn't trade it for anything.....

Products Discussed in

To Top