1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Disc0monkey's 5lug build

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Builds (2005-2015)' started by disc0monkey, May 13, 2013.

1. May 23, 2013 at 6:05 AM
    disc0monkey

disc0monkey [OP] All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!

Member:
    Here's a few at work

buqy2yde.jpg
    avyde7y7.jpg
    apa5u9yv.jpg
    photo.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  2. May 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    I think I may go the same route you did with the rear... I like it :drool:

3. May 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    How do you like the Alcans?

4. May 24, 2013 at 7:10 AM
    dcvt16

dcvt16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ehren
    SCV, CA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD =( MGM Supercharged long travel 5lug
    Total Chaos 5 lug long travel kit, Fox coilovers. Mcneil fiberglass. Defined engineering sua, 14 in kings, Defined shock hoops rear. Weathertech digital liners and vent visors. Paint match grille and added fogs. 4.56 gears, detriot truetrac LSD (gear type), LCE header, URD 2TR supercharger.
    Looks great. Any pics of the 11's compressed? I have the shock mounts standing by, haven't made any measurement yet though. How soft ate the Alcans?

5. May 24, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    I like them, I just would've spec'd them with a little less lift. The good part is they ride as good as stock or maybe better but can hold a shit ton of weight. I spec'd them for no extra load.

No I don't but I left about .75" after bump. I could've went a little higher with the lower mounts. I might buy another set and move them up to gain another .5" of travel.

I used the rubber isolator on the shaft to show me I used about 80% of uptravel through some rough stuff in my town, which isn't much.

6. May 24, 2013 at 9:09 AM
    dcvt16

dcvt16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ehren
    SCV, CA
    Vehicle:
    SOLD =( MGM Supercharged long travel 5lug
    Total Chaos 5 lug long travel kit, Fox coilovers. Mcneil fiberglass. Defined engineering sua, 14 in kings, Defined shock hoops rear. Weathertech digital liners and vent visors. Paint match grille and added fogs. 4.56 gears, detriot truetrac LSD (gear type), LCE header, URD 2TR supercharger.
    nice. Could you snap a pic of the lower mount? Did you hve alcan compensate for the "taco lean"?

edit: by your measurements, did a 12 shock seem usable with any gain?

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  7. May 24, 2013 at 9:19 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    you could use a 12 inch shock if you can find a short body(an inch longer than the ones I have) but fox has a 3" jump from the 11" to the 12". you may have to go to a longer bump and loose a little up travel. my mounts are very close to as low as they can go.

I'll snap a pic when i get a chance.

Edit: You can use a short body 12" shock and weld the lower mounts as low as they can. You may need to lower the bump stop 0.5".

Last edited: May 29, 2013
  8. May 24, 2013 at 11:21 AM
    TheRedTac0

TheRedTac0 Just a Taco guy, both food & truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2006 5-lug Regular Cab Impulse Red
    BHLM, Black Housing Altezza Taillights, 3-piece billet grille, Fatbob's 2.75" Lift with AAL, 15x8 Ion Alloy Wheels wrapped in 31x10.5 Falken's
    Are the icons adjustable?

I would get them but I don't want a nose dive

9. May 24, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    yes but my alcan leafs are high. to be level you need a rear with 2-2.25" lift. i dont want to mess with the preload.

10. May 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    Can you post the specs or pm them to me? I might be interested in replacing my aal depending on the alcan price tag.

I think your truck looks really good with a slight rake. What's the distance from the ground to the fenders, front and back?

11. May 25, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    This is all I told them:
    8 leaf pack
    No extra load
    One taller for taco lean
    2.75" of lift

Smaller number is front the center of the hub
    Rear
    Left23 37

Front
    Left
    20 34

12. May 25, 2013 at 7:49 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Icon/TC Mid Travel Kit, Kenwood Deck, Helix Audio System, BHLM (With Tinted Reflectors), Tinted Taillights, Satoshi Grill (color matched to super white), Stormtrooper sticker, Air Force sticker HUA! Re colored gauges (White numbers and ODO with Blue Needles) Magnaflow Glasspack Muffler, Stainless steel exhaust tip, 8k HIDs, LED Satoshi, Eye Lids, ARB locker (4.10 Gears), 8k FOG HIDs, LED Head Lamp, Tonneau Cover
    disco do you think that would help with an a-cab as well?

13. May 25, 2013 at 8:49 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    Idk where the weigh biases with the access cab. I think I can add a turn on the coil over to get a half inch in the front

14. May 25, 2013 at 12:09 PM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Hmmm okay

15. May 28, 2013 at 6:57 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    went to PA and ripped down some trails. The suspension is great, the rear still out performs the front by a little bit. It give a great balanced feel though. I ordered some belltech 2" foam cell bump stops. I'm gonna play with those, trim, etc. When hitting the bumps its just too damn hard, hopefully this will be progressive.

16. May 28, 2013 at 6:59 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    Nice I can't wait to get my suspension redone... this fat bobs lift is so stiff it makes roads seem like trails... after a year of it, it does get old.. :rofl:

17. May 28, 2013 at 7:05 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    Do it man, it's so expensive, but it feels like a $30,000 truck now. The spacer lift is good value but my front shocks were toast by 30,000 miles and we don't have any cheaper options lol.

18. May 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    no we dont.... my only regret about this taco is getting a 5-lug ... all the good parts are either rare to find or expensive because not many people want them :pout:

after this truck has done its purpose itll be a DCSB trd for me! :cool:

19. May 28, 2013 at 7:14 AM
    disc0monkey

Member:
    I felt like that for a while, but we have the same travel but a lower center of gravity. For how I use this truck, I would take the better handling I still get 21+mpg mixed.

20. May 28, 2013 at 7:16 AM
    KCDuran

KCDuran Stormtrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    South Jersey
    Vehicle:
    5 Lug'n 4 banger
    This is a very true statement... All my NM buddies are jealous of my gas mileage :cool: .... mine's going to go down after I get my plate bumper on though haha but hey its all about looks and utility right?!

Products Discussed in

To Top