1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discount Tire warranty?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Shetto24, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Jul 12, 2011 at 8:53 PM
    Shetto24

Shetto24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Tapps, WA
    Anybody ever come up short on their manf. warranty miles on tires bought from Discount Tire/America's Tire? If so, how was the credit they gave to purchase new tires? Needing new rubbers for the wife's Tahoe :cool: and plan on checking them out tomorrow.

2. Jul 12, 2011 at 8:57 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    That place has the best customer service of any place I have ever been to. I almost want to go there just to see the service they give me. If they can do it they will. When I bought my tires they had no problem giving me large discounts. I have a feeling they can help you they will.

3. Jul 13, 2011 at 4:50 AM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    The local tire shop i go to says to be careful buying from them. He says they can sell you old tire's. That is tires that have been manufactured several years ago. Idk if thats true or not, but they can't beat my local tire shops price's anyways. So i just buy from my locally owned tire guy.

4. Jul 13, 2011 at 5:57 AM
    TacoBaja

TacoBaja Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    High Desert
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I cannot speak to the mileage warranty but I'd suspect you would not have problems with them.

I've bought 3 sets of tires from then in recent years.

Topgun155 mentioned service - and I agree completely, though the service may be a function of each individual store and the tone set by the manager.

We drove in to our local Discount/America's store in my wife's Mustang and I thought perhaps the tires would need to be replaced soon as the tread depth looked a little low. First thing the service writer did was check the date of manufacture on the sidewall, assuring us they were fairly recent tires. He measured depth on all four tires and his only comment is that he thought the tires ought to be rotated and the air pressure checked. Right away he said there would be no charge for rotating & air check. We hadn't bought those tires from them, nor did he know me from Adam, he simply offered those services because we came in and asked about tire wear.

That, to us, is great customer service. Let us know what happens Shetto.

John M

5. Jul 13, 2011 at 11:39 AM
    oldschoollear

oldschoollear Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Nashville,TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    Stocker
    How does the local shop insure he has "fresh tires"? I'd take that with a grain of salt. I've had nothing but superb service at discount tire, there should be customer service books written about that place. It's refreshing to have good experiences with places these days, especially when customer service seems to be an afterthought.

6. Jul 13, 2011 at 12:04 PM
    TacoSupreem

TacoSupreem Dirty Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Hayden
    Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB 4x4 Sport
    Sorry guys I thought the op was talking about the online tire place. We don't have discount tire around here. So I can't speak about there service.
    You can tell if you are buying fresh rubber by looking at the manufacture date that is stamped on the tire.

7. Jul 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    oldschoollear

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Nashville,TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    Stocker
    Tire rack

8. Jul 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    davidpick

davidpick NWXPDTN

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Leavenworth, WA
    Vehicle:
    1988 Pickup 22R 5sp 2wd
    Weber 32/36, RV Cam, LCE exhaust headers, Desmogged
    i've been very happy with america's/discount tire. i've been going to their stores exclusively for the past 5 years or so. top-notch service and attitude at every store i've been to. got my BFG TA KOs at a significant discount through them.

9. Jul 13, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    daggertats

daggertats Well-Known Member

Member:
    arden nc
    Vehicle:
    2010 tacoma 4x4 reg cab
    undercover tonneau ,bug deflector, removal of all tacoma emblems added a set of component speakers behind the rear seat egr in channel window visors
    i too experienced great customer service from them. i didnt buy tires but i bought wheels from them. they were back ordered ,shipped sooner than expected from another warehouse. free shipping, 50 bucks off the internet order. drove an hr last sat to the nearest discount tire store to get the rims mounted. i go there before opening they took me right in and i was out in 25 minutes. when i do get tires ill probably drive that hr again since the service was so good.

10. Jul 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM
    Shetto24

Shetto24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Tapps, WA
    Appreciate all the responses. Couldn't agree more that they always have great customer service, and that's why these would be my 3rd purchase from them. First time for the same vehicle though. Anyways, I did my research last night of which tire I wanted (Yokohama HTS 265/70/16 @ $140 ea.) Went in this morning and told him that I was looking for replacements for the Tahoe and he pulled up some Falken's that were the least expensive and a couple other mid-range rubbers. I appreciate that he just didn't show me the most priciest $hit to make their pockets fatter. I was 27k miles short of the 60k warranty on the old tires and the total credit he gave was $224. Way better than I thought! That, coupled with the great service, I'll be a long time fan Discount Tire/America's Tire.

11. Jul 13, 2011 at 6:12 PM
    oldschoollear

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Nashville,TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD 4x4
    Stocker
    Good deal. It cost them $224 to have a customer for life, I don't understand why other companies don't get this. I've never left a discount tire without thinking"damn, this is how customer service is supposed to be".

12. Jul 13, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    JasoTaco

JasoTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    ToyTec Ultimate 3" Lift -TSB Rear springs - TRD Cold Air Intake - TRD Skid Plate - Total Chaos Upper Control Arms - 2 Hella Rallye 4000 lights (130W Bulbs) - Clear Bra - Under Coat - Bed extener - Toyota Bed Mat - Weathertech floor mats - Tailgate hose clamp & washer mod - PIAA Fog Lights - ScanGauge II - Beefed Sliders - Differential Breather Mod - Heated Seats - All-Pro Bumper - Warn M8000 Winch with wireless controls - Boztec Diff Skid - ATO skids
    X2

Sounds like a bitter tire shop that has lost business to Discount. Based on the volume of tires they sell I highly doubt they are selling tires with any considerable age. In fact I had an extra set of wheels for my Accord and had some snow tires laying around that were in perfect condition (no cracking and 95% tread left) and they wouldn’t mount them because they were something like 5 years old.

[​IMG]

13. Jul 17, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    SAIRS

SAIRS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Super White 2012 Double Cab LB TRD SPORT
    Icon Extended Travel Stage 1, Total Chaos UCA's, Dakkar leaf pack, Beefed DCLB Sliders with extended kickout and custom BSP, Beefed Custom exo-rear tube bumper, Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft mod. Front mudflaps removed, Access LE soft tonneau cover, Weathertech digital floor mat, Weathertech window deflectors, Weathertech license plate frames. future plans = diamond plate tailgate mod, Venture Shield, TRD supercharger...the dream goes on and on....
    I've been going to Discount tire for about a decade now. I usually get their 0% financing, which helped me establish my credit history while I was going through college.

I've always been happy with Discount tire. More recently, I had a bulge in my car's side wall. they replaced by tire and all I had to do was buy a new warranty. They also recommended that I get a new tire on the opposite side of the new one, so that the tread wears the same. I got two new tires by the time I left for $66 with both tires having new warranties. . they prorated and gave credit for the good tire they replaced. There are plenty of options out there to do worse than Discount Tire. Theyve treated me well.

Products Discussed in

To Top