1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Discussion: New England Overland Rally October 1-2, 2022

Discussion in 'North East' started by Unorgnl-V, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Aug 10, 2022 at 6:47 AM
    Unorgnl-V

Unorgnl-V [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR
    Discussion thread for the event. Not my event but I have been in contact with the event organizers so if anyone has questions regarding happenings at the event I can do my best to pass them along.

Tickets/attendance questions can be directed to the site.

https://www.neoverlandrally.com/event/

When: October 1-2, 2022

Where: Thompson speedway, Thompson CT

Overlanding is not a new concept but because of recent events, and with more people realizing the value in traveling together to explore the outdoors, it has grown incredibly over the last few years. Many retailers and specialty shops are located out west, however there is a large and diverse Overlanding community here in New England that is enthusiastic and more-than-ready for a local event in the northeast.

From roof top tents to purpose-built expedition rigs, there are no rules when it comes to getting outside and enjoying nature when, how and the way you want. The industry for adventure travel continues to boom and the Overlanding community, with its educated consumer base, has created its own niche space. It’s a lifestyle enjoyed by many, and thus has created an entirely new segment for specialty manufacturers and exciting products to hit the market making it more accessible than ever before. As an attendee, you will have access to the latest gear and products to hit the market and will have the opportunity to participate in product demos with the manufacturers.

New England Overland Rally is an event for all ages and attendees will have access to a variety of product demonstrations and educational sessions throughout the two-day event. Live music, a craft beer garden, and a host of food trucks will keep us all entertained.

We want to see your overland vehicles. Whether you are here for the weekend camping, or simply show up for the day, we’d love to see and highlight your overlander. Some of the best conversations take place in the parking lot or around the campfire, and we get that. It is for that reason we will have designated areas for overlanders of all makes and models for everyone to see.

A purpose-built off-road driving course will be available for those willing to put their skills to the test. Participant ride-alongs (with a professional driver) will be available. Designed by professionals for the pure enjoyment of getting the most out of your vehicle, this purpose-built course will test even the most skilled drivers. The course will mimic real-world overlanding and will help prepare you for what to expect out on the trail. There is no better place to learn important off-roading skills than in a safe and controlled environment. New England Overland Rally will have professional drivers on hand to offer guidance and provide tips when needed.

Exhibitors and vendors will display, demo and sell the latest products. If you’re a specialty manufacturer with focus on adventure travel and the Overlanding community then you will not want to miss this event. To register as a sponsor or vendor please visit the following link.

https://neoverlandrally.ticketspice.com/new-england-overland-rally

I will update this thread with any photo, video promos and new information. There's going to be an obstacle course, classroom time for drivers, food trucks, beer garden, live music, camping, bonfire, recovery classes, and vendors.

Info added 8/18/22:

Regarding classes/demos:

We are finalizing type of classes/demos, there will be three day. Vendor product installs etc.

Regarding music:

music is folk blue grass bands.

Regarding food:

Culinary creations are multiple food trucks. The bbq buffet is a buffet with bbq type foods, including a vegan veggie burger option.

Yes overlanders are allowed to cook their own food in their set up.

Regarding the immersion package:

The immersion package includes the buffet in the evening and morning, swag bag (gear with the logo on it), camping and show parking and 1 general admission, first access to the classes (seating is for 40) and first access to the off road course.

Regarding times:

9am gates open for day of show parking and awards will be announced Sunday around 11:30am, if you’re not there we ship your trophy.

Regarding the off-road course:

The 508 Intl team will be starting the build next week. I’ll see if one of the event coordinators has that answer on stock or modified or both.

**Stock friendly with bypasses for those who want to try harder lines.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
  2. Aug 18, 2022 at 6:10 AM
    crashngiggles

crashngiggles Tacomaworld's Resident Psych Dr.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM TRD 4x4 DCLB Trail Limo
    I am wondering how many people on here are going to this. I am debating on whether to only go for Saturday or spend the whole weekend there.

banned parts likes this.
  3. Aug 18, 2022 at 6:12 AM
    crashngiggles

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    @Unorgnl-V , do you know what the obstacle course might be looking like? Mild to wild......meaning Stock to trailered rig type of range?

Unorgnl-V[OP] likes this.
  4. Aug 18, 2022 at 7:29 AM
    Unorgnl-V

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR
    I can see if I can get a photo if they've started building it but I was told there may be one that's stock friendly and another that's a bit more technical.

Abject4x4 likes this.
  5. Aug 18, 2022 at 8:49 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    I'm interested in attending but must likely just a day

6. Aug 18, 2022 at 8:51 AM
    Unorgnl-V

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR
    No photos of the course yet but the folks at 508intl will be building it.

jpereira2 likes this.
  7. Aug 18, 2022 at 8:52 AM
    Unorgnl-V

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR
    I have some flyers if you don't mind handing them to TW guys during your fluid film days :)

jpereira2[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Aug 18, 2022 at 8:52 AM
    jpereira2

jpereira2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2013 double cab trd off road
    Bilstein 6112 4th notch Bilstein 5160 rear Camburg ball joint UCAs Old man emu dakar leafs 265/75R16 Cooper ST Maxx Crux stereo a/v interface UltraGauge ARE fiberglass cap Wet okole seat covers Retro fit source Led fog lights Superbrightled pods in rear bumper Superbrightled light bar in grill Rock blokz mud flaps SOS Rock Sliders RCI Skid Plates (to be painted and mounted)
    Yea no problem!

9. Aug 18, 2022 at 8:53 AM
    Abject4x4

Abject4x4 Just another idiot on the internet

Member:
    First Name:
    Marcus
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Access Cab
    I'm in the same boat: trying to figure out if I should go for a day or weekend.

If there's a more stock friendly course that'd be enticing. While my truck isn't so close to stock anymore it now doubles as my house, so I'm trying to get a better feel for it offroad.

10. Aug 18, 2022 at 8:59 AM
    Unorgnl-V

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR

Im betting there will be both stock friendly and a more challenging course, seeing as it's more geared towards Overlanding than offroading. Whether you go for a day or the weekend it should be a good time!

Abject4x4[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Aug 18, 2022 at 9:14 AM
    crashngiggles

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    I am looking at it like a "value for money" thing. The website on the event is pretty vague. For $35 you can have a vehicle entry for the show but you need to leave by 5pm. Well.......when does it start? Is Saturday different from Sunday? What events will be held on each day? Is there a schedule? The main website only has 4 very basic pages and gives you pricing but does not elaborate on what you are paying for. Here are the basic questions that people should have the info for:

rally.jpg

12. Aug 18, 2022 at 9:16 AM
    crashngiggles

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    @Unorgnl-V if you have communication with the creators of the event.......would you be able to communicate with them to have them elaborate more on the event website?

Abject4x4 likes this.
  13. Aug 18, 2022 at 9:35 AM
    Unorgnl-V

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR
    All good questions, I'll get it over to the event organizers and see if they can get a better details page or itinerary for what's going on.

14. Aug 18, 2022 at 10:43 AM
    Xtremsiege2

Xtremsiege2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Norwalk CT
    Vehicle:
    21' LR Pro. Lots of fast bikes
    Can we use the skidpad and drive the road course? lol. Going with NO ..

15. Aug 18, 2022 at 10:57 AM
    Unorgnl-V

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR
    From what I am told the overnight camping will be on the clubhouse/road course grass section so technically you can drive on it. There will be a bon fire on the hill that overlooks the skidpad.l and the skidpad will be reserved for something else.

16. Aug 18, 2022 at 12:58 PM
    Unorgnl-V

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR
    Regarding classes/demos:

We are finalizing type of classes/demos, there will be three day. Vendor product installs etc.

Regarding music:

music is folk blue grass bands.

Regarding food:

Culinary creations are multiple food trucks. The bbq buffet is a buffet with bbq type foods, including a vegan veggie burger option.

Yes overlanders are allowed to cook their own food in their set up.

Regarding the immersion package:

The immersion package includes the buffet in the evening and morning, swag bag (gear with the logo on it), camping and show parking and 1 general admission, first access to the classes (seating is for 40) and first access to the off road course.

Regarding times:

9am gates open for day of show parking and awards will be announced Sunday around 11:30am, if you’re not there we ship your trophy.

Regarding the off-road course:

The 508 Intl team will be starting the build next week. I’ll see if one of the event coordinators has that answer on stock or modified or both.

**Stock friendly with bypasses for those who want to try harder lines.

All new info will be added to main post.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2022
    Abject4x4 likes this.
  17. Aug 18, 2022 at 1:37 PM
    crashngiggles

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Wilbraham, Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    Thank you for looking into this for us. You might want to let them know, if they want a bigger turnout, to make sure that they update their website With all of this plus more information so people know.

Abject4x4 likes this.
  18. Aug 18, 2022 at 1:43 PM
    Unorgnl-V

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR
    Yes, he did mention they will update the website once they finalized classes, etc.

19. Aug 18, 2022 at 3:12 PM
    NEOVERLANDRALLY

NEOVERLANDRALLY New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Mercedes Sprinter Van
    Hi Everyone!
    We will be posting a day to day itinerary on our website over the next week!

As for the questions asked above:
    Live Music is folk blue grass bands
    Culinary creations are multiple food trucks. The bbq buffet is a buffet with bbq type foods, including a vegan veggie burger option. Think a basic cookout.

The immersion package includes:
    BBQ Buffet in the evening plus beer ticket and Breakfast Buffet in the morning. Pricing for each will be listed on the itinerary for individual purchase.
    Swag; which is a bag filled with different gear/souvi's with the logo on it
    Camping/show parking and 1 general admission. Similar to a ferry ticket, your ticket covers you and your car, all other occupants need a basic ticket.
    First access to the classes (seating is for 40) and first access/discounts to the off road course.
    You will not be able to buy the immersion package day of.

If you have an immersion package or show parking type ticket you will be emailed the week prior to the event with a detailed map of where to check in and parking.

Yes you can cook your own food in your set up.

9am gates open for day of show parking each day and awards will be announced Sunday around 11:30am-12:30pm, if you’re not there we ship your trophy.

20. Aug 18, 2022 at 4:17 PM
    Unorgnl-V

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 superwhite TRD OR
    Thanks for setting up an account to answer questions!

banned parts, Abject4x4 and jpereira2 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top