1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY - CHEAP BEEP on lock

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Johnson8537, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Jun 2, 2009 at 9:06 AM
    Yaberries

Yaberries Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Was 08 PreRunner Off-Road, Now 2015 TRD Off-Road Super White
    Front D-Rings, Blacked out grill & surround
  2. Jun 5, 2009 at 6:29 PM
    jefferson

jefferson needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    San Diego (North Park!), CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    FINALLY did this.. i used the exact one pictured and works great. I like it. It goes beep.

3. Jun 7, 2009 at 4:19 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    toyota brand hitch and uhaul wiring harness, fog lamps on anytime, bed lamps, map lights on with dome, day time running lamps, remove secondary air filter, painted bumper grill, Double Din touch screen stereo, Sockmonkey custom SR5 decal, door & seatbelt bells disabled, painted engine cover, installed compass/temperature overhead console, failed mod: passenger side auto down window switches, weathertech front mats, RedLine hood struts, Cheap Beep piezo buzzer locking beep, 5100s in the front set at 2.5, 5100s in the rear, AAL, hitch safe, revenge fab sliders, bed bar, prerunner light, cb wired
    OKAY so i feel the need to state this:

There are TWO blue/pink stripe wires very close to eachother on the wiring harness in the kick panel. the one you're looking for is the THIN blue/pink striped one that is in the harness that comes from the door and into the cab. Below that is another thicker (probably a 12 gauge wire) that comes from the same loom, but DOES NOT come from the door itself. Just attached to the same loom.

I hope that makes sense.. but you are looking for the thinner of the two blue/pink stripe wires. Make sure and locate both and find the smaller of the two to splice into..

thats all

4. Jun 9, 2009 at 1:02 PM
    Johnson8537

Johnson8537 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD SPORT 4x4 Double Cab Long bed
    Revtek Leveling Kit with 1 1/2 block spacer in rear. 17" MotoMetal blacks on 32" tires. Access Lorado Tonneau - Bed mat Billet Grill Tinted Windows Pioneer 700BT with PAC steering wheel inerface. Wet Okole Seat Covers Front and back.
    No not yet as I don't really care if it beeps when I am in the vehicle and it is running. ( but I know that it could be done fairly easy if someone wanted it to NOT BEEP when the key is powered on.)

The wires shoudl all be under the KICK panel on AC's and passengerside kick on DC's as far as i know. (that is if you can't find them behind the coin tray!

5. Jun 19, 2009 at 8:40 PM
    mceagle555

mceagle555 Tacoma Shrek

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    '05 Impulse Red PreRunner DC TRD OR
    Metra iPod/aux; Rugged Cover Tri-fold Tonneau; Center Console Divider; AFE Pro-Dry S AF; 4-leaf TSB; Fumoto Oil Valve;
    Did this mod today. Fantastic results! I went with the 108db Piezo Buzzer (Siren) from Radio Shack ($10.49). It is a bit louder beep and it gives a siren type sound that reminds me of a high-priced alarm system. Plus, the buzzer seems to be a bit better constructed.

6. Jun 25, 2009 at 6:15 PM
    jarroddorraj

jarroddorraj SCTACOMA

Member:
    Myrtle Beach
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner
    Flowmaster 50 series suv exhaust, K&N air filter, secondary filter removal, 5% window tint, Bilstein 5100 adj. with OME coils
    been reading on this and thinking about doing it, just one question. When i'm in my car and its locked and i unlock it (say to let someone in) would it still beep when the car is running

7. Jun 25, 2009 at 6:53 PM
    MattN03

MattN03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    SOLD: 07 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    20% window tint, beep mod, hardwired V1, TSB springs, AVS Bugshield-21803, USA Spec PA15, OEM Tacoma scuff plates, Weathertech mats, Truxedo LoPro, TRD skid, GY Duratrac's 265/75/16 C Range, locker mod (switch method)
    Yes, if you wire it to beep when you lock & unlock the doors. I wired mine to beep when locking the doors only, but it beeps if your driving down the road and hit the lock button...

8. Jul 13, 2009 at 8:52 AM
    Gweedo

Gweedo New Member

Member:
    What action causes it to beep while the vehicle is running? Using the 4-way flashers? Or????

Thanks!
    Matt

9. Jul 13, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    locking the door ONLY. the beep is activated by power going through the lock wire and deverted to the beep as power is on its way to the lock. no four ways, no signals, nothin. just lock.

10. Aug 21, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    dmb

dmb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boise, ID
    Just finished this mod earlier today. Works awesome! Very easy install, took probably 20 minutes.

11. Aug 21, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    jefferson

Member:
    First Name:
    Sex Panther
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Id rather have it for unlocking cause sometimes i think i click the button and i dont watch for the lights blinking, and then i pull at the door like an idiot..

12. Aug 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM
    notquiteright110

notquiteright110 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    knucklehead
    NE Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 taco DC 4x4 debadged
    black head lights, flowmaster exhuast, cheep beep mod, rear fog lamps, more to come when i find the money tree
    What set of wires did you use I have an 07, and there are no pink/blue wires like at the beginning of the thread. I redneckified my buzzer with a connector and a paper clip. Pluged it into the blu/blk wires in the same location as the one shown, before cutting into the wires. Got the thing to go off on the unlock before realizing I purchased a siren buzzer. Have to go back to the shack, and get the correct one.

13. Aug 23, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    dmb

dmb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boise, ID

I used one of the pink/blue wires behind the driver-side kick panel, that's next to the black foot rest. There were two of them....I guess I got lucky. When you take that panel out you have a much better view of the wiring. I can take a pic of mine here in a bit to help.

14. Aug 23, 2009 at 9:42 AM
    notquiteright110

Member:
    First Name:
    knucklehead
    NE Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 taco DC 4x4 debadged
    black head lights, flowmaster exhuast, cheep beep mod, rear fog lamps, more to come when i find the money tree
    Pic would be great but if you got to tear it apart again dont worry with it, I know how hard it is to get it back together. I will try that location, I was looking behind the coin tray, Thanks

15. Aug 23, 2009 at 2:55 PM
    dmb

dmb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boise, ID

Here ya go! You can see the red wire I used to tap into the blue/pink wire.

[​IMG]

A little closer pic
    [​IMG]

16. Aug 23, 2009 at 9:48 PM
    notquiteright110

Member:
    First Name:
    knucklehead
    NE Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 taco DC 4x4 debadged
    Thanks a bunch dmb, that helps a bunch!!

17. Aug 24, 2009 at 3:09 PM
    dmb

dmb Well-Known Member

Member:
    Boise, ID
    No problemo man. Pictures always help. ;)

18. Aug 24, 2009 at 10:11 PM
    notquiteright110

Member:
    First Name:
    knucklehead
    NE Texas
    Vehicle:
    07 taco DC 4x4 debadged
    Well I got it finished about 1 in the morning. If you use the clamp connector, "MAKE SURE" you dont put a gorilla grip on it and cut through the blu/pink wire like I did. OOOOOPS!!! Tried the lock buton after cutting the wire, it still worked, the only thing that didn't was the flashing lights. Butt connectors, a jumper wire, lots of F-bombs later, and the job was finished. I think I hit the lock botton a couple hundred times just to hear it, and giggled like a little kid doing something bad. The neighbors dogs were going crazy, but they always do, so a little payback was a good way to end a "quick job". The pic submitted by dmb was a big help. It was the first blue wire in the bundle.

19. Sep 12, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    Stupid question....but does the blue/pink wire have a fuse location?

20. Sep 12, 2009 at 8:56 AM
    Kappes03

Kappes03 Legend of the UG

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    1996 Toyota Hilux Surf
    Mine "honks" when I lock and unlock the doors, my buddy has an 09 exactly like mine and his only beeps.. Suggestions?

Products Discussed in

To Top