1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY-extra 12V power outlets W/switches

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by MillerMan06, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Mar 20, 2011 at 10:48 AM
    MillerMan06

MillerMan06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    K&N Cold Air Intake,Running boards,bed cover,windows tinted, MagLite seat mount (A big Thankyou to piercedtiger for that one got it off cheap/free mods) extra 4 outlets on the 12V plug 3 12V plug in's and a USB all one box with toggles,48LED dome light (blue), Tail gate theft mod,Exhaust flowmaster super 44 with tips!!!!
    Ok i have had the times where i have ran out of 12V outlets so i got this from Advanced Auto I got it a few years ago i think i payed $25 for it. I had it in my old jeep it did what i need it to do. But now i have sold the jeep and got an 06 SR5 DC Prerunner!!!!!!!!!!! my first Taco and i LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I put this in still a little work to do with it be for its done but its in place some what and works. I only had to cut a little so far and all the wires are behind the center console and comin through the little cubby on the right of the steering column.

The shot where the switches are that comes out easy just a little but of a wiggle and movment and its out!!!!!
    The power outlet box does have a USB outlet on it i havent used that yet but i sure i will. Where i have to outlet box now is not working out to well because double sided tape doesnt stick well so im looking for a better location. I think i found one on the passanger side of the center console next to the shifter not sure yet but its a working idea.
    Also i still have to get behind the center console to get to the 12V factory power outlets wires to splice into to free up the other factory outlet and to hide the wires. But i need a little help with that i think i found a mod that tells me how to get the center console out.

DSCN1497.jpg
    DSCN1498.jpg
    DSCN1500.jpg
    DSCN1501.jpg
    DSCN1499.jpg

2. Mar 20, 2011 at 7:11 PM
    gooch14

gooch14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2011 Blk DC Taco SR5 4x LB
    Bestop, Child Seats, petrified french fry, dog hair, empty Mtn Dew cans cracked windshield, scratches.
    what's that in your stocker power outlet?

3. Mar 23, 2011 at 1:42 PM
    MillerMan06

MillerMan06 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Raleigh
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    K&N Cold Air Intake,Running boards,bed cover,windows tinted, MagLite seat mount (A big Thankyou to piercedtiger for that one got it off cheap/free mods) extra 4 outlets on the 12V plug 3 12V plug in's and a USB all one box with toggles,48LED dome light (blue), Tail gate theft mod,Exhaust flowmaster super 44 with tips!!!!
    @gooch14 thats the plug for the extra 3 12v power outlets i havent got to the back side yet to finish the mod yet!!!!@PSU Taco85 thats a great idea havent thought of that. Im glad my bud Redezman on here told me about this site i have learned alot about my taco and got some great ideas for mods!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top