1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY LCA Bushing Replacement 2005+ Tacoma (4x4)

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by XXXX, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Jan 21, 2014 at 1:16 PM
    ndcmack

ndcmack Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough
    Probably so...

2. Jan 21, 2014 at 6:35 PM
    Agent Smith

Agent Smith Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Offroad Ivan Stewart Edition
    Toytec lift,FJ Anthracite wheels wrapped in BFG A/T 265/75/16's,WAAG Brush Guard, IPF 868's,sleeved fog lights
    I'm doing mine in the next couple of months, looks like I'll be just doing the front bolts with their kit and have to get Toyota's bolts for the rear. I hate half assing shit.

3. Jan 21, 2014 at 6:53 PM
    ndcmack

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough

That's exactly what I'm doing. My front is the seized one (and seems to be the common one to seize). I hate supporting their fuck up and buying/using "half" of a kit purchased, but...

4. Jan 21, 2014 at 7:06 PM
    ndcmack

Member:
    First Name:
    NICK
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    BSP 4x4 TRD DCSB
    Not enough

That's NOT a bad thought!...I think I'll keep my receipts and make contact again after the new bolts are released

5. Feb 13, 2014 at 8:09 AM
    Agent Smith

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toytec lift,FJ Anthracite wheels wrapped in BFG A/T 265/75/16's,WAAG Brush Guard, IPF 868's,sleeved fog lights
    So I'm ordering parts to do this project. Not looking forward to it, but it needs to get done.

I'm assuming the Moog K100128 greaseable bolt kit is one kit per wheel, is this correct?

If that is correct, can I use one kit to do both wheels by only doing the front LCA bolt, since this is the only bushing this particular bolt will fit through? I'm assuming yes, as both bolts look LONG enough to fit through the front bushing area. The only question mark I have is the cam itself the same size, which I doubt as I see it has two different numbers stamped for the rear LCA bushing area.

I'm just trying to save some money and instead of buying two kits, use one kit. You guys that have the parts in hand, can someone verify whether this is doable or not? Thanks

6. Feb 13, 2014 at 8:52 AM
    nj636

nj636 Hub Master General

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Jersey
    OME lift 4x sliders 4x skids

you will need two kits. one bolt is usable the other is a paperweight.

I used the Toyota bolts and will wait until MOOG gets the complete kit correct.

7. Feb 13, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods
    OR BUY 2 KITS AND RETURN 1 WITH THE 2 BOLTS NOT NEEDED....
    I DOUBT THEY WILL NOTICE SINCE THEY DIDN'T NOTICE THEY WOULDN'T WORK WITH THEIR OWN BUSHINGS......

Crom likes this.
  8. Feb 13, 2014 at 9:01 AM
    XXXX

XXXX [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius

LOL

9. Feb 13, 2014 at 9:13 AM
    Agent Smith

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Super, I love spending $74 bucks for $37 worth of scrap metal. Thanks for confirming though. Maybe I'll harass them for the correct bolts when/if they get their shit straight. At least the front bolts are the correct ones, from what I gather, they seize sooner. Toyo parts for the rear LCA bolts it is.

10. Feb 13, 2014 at 9:57 AM
    nj636

nj636 Hub Master General

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Jersey
    sounds like you know what your doing :rolleyes:

yep and the raybestos kit is the same as the MOOG kit, FUBAR.

11. Feb 18, 2014 at 6:25 PM
    Agent Smith

Member:
    Vehicle:
    OK, I ordered up two Moog K100128 greaseable control arm bolt kits. Just got 'em today from RockAuto. Anyone want to confirm what I have in the box is what you all have?

There is one large diameter bolt, with sleeve and two washers marked "826-4" and "826-3".

The second bolt is a smaller diameter, no sleeve and two washers both stamped "826-8".

Is this the new, correct and improved kit? Or do I have a kit that still has the fucked up part in it? The reason I ask is that the instructions make mention of washers that are stamped "826-2", of which there are none, and at the top of the instructions it says "This kit comes with two steel tubes. You will only use one. Use the bolt with the steel tube for step 4. Use the other bolt for step 7"

Both kit boxes are stamped with the correct part number K100128. The instructions haven't been updated. They reference washers marked 826-2, 826-3 and 826-4 still.

I have the rear control arm bolts from Toyota enroute from Camelback, so I don't have in hand to compare the diameters.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  12. Feb 18, 2014 at 7:05 PM
    brutalguyracing

brutalguyracing BIG DADDY

Member:
    F.U> GUYZ
    broken mods

Keep me posted
    I am waiting for my hushing to arrive

13. Feb 18, 2014 at 7:23 PM
    Agent Smith

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Will do, my Toyo parts are supposed to arrive this Friday. My buddy, who owns a service station, said I can use one of his lifts. Due to the circumstances, his lending me a lift and my truck being a DD, I bought new control arms too. I'll know soon enough if all these bolts fit or not.

14. Feb 19, 2014 at 11:40 AM
    Drunknsloth

Drunknsloth Indffrnce will be the fall of manknd but who cares

Member:
    First Name:
    Retribution
    South West
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Access V6 6-Speed
    Blacked-Out Badges; Retribution Decals (Sockmonkey); Tailgate Mod; Red LED Rear Blinkers; Yellow Foglights; Yellow Front Blinkers; Superwhite Xenon Corner Bulb; Leer Bedcap; Bedrug Bedmat; Black Cupholders; Black Plastic Piece Around Window Controls; Plasti-Dip Front Bumper Valence; Plasti-Dip Grill Surround; Blackout Chrome Back Bumper; Metal Miller Skid-Plate; Aero Turbine 2525 Muffler; TSB Rear Leaf Springs and Shocks; Satoshi Grill Pending; Off-Roading Torn off Mirror (Replaced); Blue-Sea Fuse Box; Tinted Tail Lights; URD Short Shifter; Interior Mood Lighting; Hood Lights; BedLights Pending
  15. Feb 21, 2014 at 9:15 AM
    Agent Smith

Member:
    Vehicle:
    FedEx just delivered my Toyota parts, to include brand new LCA's. I can confirm the Moog K100128 LCA bolt kits I bought from RockAuto do indeed fit. These must be new, updated kits because the front and rear bolts fit like a glove. Very easy to insert into the bushings, not much play, and plenty of threads on the end of the bolts. I know, pics or it didn't happen. I will post pics later, lot of errands to do today. Just a quick update for you guys who have been waiting on the info.

16. Feb 21, 2014 at 9:21 AM
    nj636

nj636 Hub Master General

Member:
    First Name:
    Kev
    Jersey
    thank you for the update :thumbsup:
    where did you order from?

edit: just saw you mentioned Rock Auto :thumbsup:

17. Feb 21, 2014 at 6:27 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I just ordered a set I'll keep you all posted with what I get in the mail.;)

18. Feb 21, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    :popcorn:

19. Feb 21, 2014 at 6:31 PM
    HomerTaco

HomerTaco also HomerTaco Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco
    Vehicle:
    HomerTaco
    HomerTaco ...................................................................................................................................................... Core-Hurst short throw shifter & T-handle / Carbon Fiber Interior / custom console light / De-badged / leather interior / Heated Front seats / Red Line Hood Struts / Painted speaker grills /one-off TRD Satoshi Grill with 12-15 front-end swap/ Pioneer AVIC-X920BT HU / Scangauge II / Black LED Tails / Dash Mount for iPad mini / Safari Snorkel / Auto-pilot mode / Leer 100XQ Cap / 4x Innovations sliders / Rear Diff Breather Mod / front windows tinted to 35% / Brute Force Fab Hybrid Front Bumper / BAMF Rear Diff Skid / Budbuilt Skids / CBI Trail Master 2.0 rear hybrid bumper / Fox rr coils/ TC UCA's/ TC spindle gussets/ TC Cam Tab gussets / Dakar leafs / Defined Engineering shackles / All pro U bolt flip / Timbren Rear Bumpstops / BAMF LCA skids / Exhaust re-route / Fog Light anytime Mod / LowRange Off Road extended rear brake lines / ATO Shackle Flip / sectioned Bushwhacker flares / re-geared to 4.56 / ARB Front & Rear Locking Diff / ARB CKMA12 compressor / PrInSu full rack system / 1" body lift / Inchworm 4.7 crawlbox / twin stick FJ t-case / Davez off-road triple-stick kit/
    I will say this:
    I've never had an issue with customer service returns from rockauto.
    Should there be an issue I know I won't be out any cash.

20. Feb 21, 2014 at 6:57 PM
    Agent Smith

Member:
    Vehicle:
    If it helps, my order was shipped from Tonawanda NY. Too dark for pics right now, I'm going to take some tomorrow (should be sunny tomorrow) and post em up. The new washers on the new bolt read "826-8"

To Top