1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY Maintenance

Discussion in 'New Members' started by tbett56, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Jun 25, 2017 at 9:15 PM
    tbett56

tbett56 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    Hey,
    I'm trying to get into being able to do basic maintenance on my truck. I am not a gear head by any means, and I was hoping to make a comprehensive list of basic maintenance rules and how often you should perform each task. I.e. "Oil change - every 5000 miles".... This isn't a "how to" type of post. Just looking for some guidance for myself and fellow truck noobs. I will update this post with a summary of the recommendations if this goes well. There may also already be a list like this, so feel free to direct me there if you know of it. Thanks!

2. Jun 25, 2017 at 9:16 PM
    EatSleepTacos

EatSleepTacos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    West Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner
    If you follow the maintenance guidelines in the manual, you'll be just fine! None of it is terribly hard either. I started out working on my truck and have learned a lot through this site.

3. Jun 25, 2017 at 9:21 PM
    koditten

koditten Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kirk
    Central Michigan
    Vehicle:
    04 trd x-cab 4 x 4 3.4l
    Reserected from the dead.
    Welcome, from Michigan.

How about a little background? Rough location (may be another Tacoma owner just around the corner from where you are now), what is your skill set in regards to tools, do you have a place to work on your truck? Some Home Owner Associations do not allow working on vehicles in your own drive.

But, yes as listed above, your owners manual has a very good base line for maintenance intervals. Start there.

Products Discussed in

To Top