1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do 2011 need/qualify for the spring TSB?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by collinkonow, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Oct 31, 2010 at 10:47 AM
    island808

island808 Me l've got brains.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jedediah
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '10 6speed 4x4 access cab
    I've asked a dozen or so people if they got the spring thing done here.. Just random "excuse me sir's" in the parking lots and at work..

None.. NO-ONE... ever even heard of it. I can't say as out of the thousands of tacomas on this island, I've ever seen one loaded down either.. Maybe it is worth it to TOYOTA to let the spring thing happen on a complaint basis.

I kind of wish I could go down there and just get a pair of springs for a "just in case"

2. Jan 6, 2011 at 5:46 AM
    espdtrd08

espdtrd08 espdtrd12

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner w/ kdss
    Icon lift, 285 duratracs, shrockworks sliders, weathertechs, leds throughout, Gobi rack w/ladder, rigid driving fog lights, trd shift knob for extra hp, MGM hood vinyl wrap
    Yes it is covered. I just took mine in the day before yesterday and told them my rear was sagging when loaded. They tried giving me some crap about that it does that. I told them it was a truck and shouldn't do that. OOOh i was pissed. Well I told them it was a safety issue that needed to be addressed and they took care of it the next day. My truck now sits level due to having a 3 inch spacer lift up front. Rides just like factory. Love it!

3. Jan 6, 2011 at 6:10 AM
    Black Sheep

Black Sheep Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Dbl Cab TRD T/X Pro
    6" Pro Comp Suspension lift with Pro Comp leveling kit, Bilstein 5100's, Full leather interior with seat heaters, Go Rhino step bars, Sony XNV-770BT Head Unit with NAV, DVD, XM and Blutooth, Tonopro toneau cover, Tinted windows, Black mesh grille, Projector headlights with HID lows, HID fogs, Crystal Eyes rear LED taillights, Weathertech mats front and rear
    I am waiting on the call back from the dealer. I had my appointment and was denied. I told him that it sagged under load and the ride was bad from the sagging. They denied it. He told me that the Tacoma was not designed to carry 400 lbs. He then told me that I should have bought a different truck. I asked him if should have bought a silverdo 4x4. I then called Toyota and was told that I would hear from the dealer in 1-3 business days. Well, this is day 3. Sitting here waiting on the phone to ring from the customer relations rep from the dealer. Since the visit to the dealer, I have started to get the "blower chirp". Just more to talk to him about when/if they call.

4. Jan 6, 2011 at 8:44 AM
    808matt

808matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    hawaii
    Vehicle:
    19 Ranger
    wait, so does the OP actually HAVE a problem with his truck? or is he just reading other peoples complaints and getting pissed off?

5. Jan 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM
    espdtrd08

espdtrd08 espdtrd12

Member:
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner w/ kdss
    Icon lift, 285 duratracs, shrockworks sliders, weathertechs, leds throughout, Gobi rack w/ladder, rigid driving fog lights, trd shift knob for extra hp, MGM hood vinyl wrap
    Everyone should get this done. It's awesome!

IMG_4137.jpg
    IMG_4142.jpg
    IMG_4144.jpg

6. Jan 7, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    SuperTacoma

SuperTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2019 Double Cab SR5 4x4 Silver
    Like it was told to me on another Forum about another Auto Company.
    You are going to see more complaints then complements.
    I do agree with you when something has been a issue for some time and they keep putting it off or band aiding it.
    Just like my other vehicle Jeep JKU. Transmission overheating has been an issue since they came out in 2007 but they are still using the fix of a hot oil light instead of spending $150 or less a Jeep to fix it right.
    I feel your pain.
    Hope you get everything resolved.

Products Discussed in

To Top