1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do all PreRunners have LRD and Hill Assist?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Maineman, Oct 28, 2009.

1. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM
    Maineman

Maineman [OP] Member

Member:
    Maine, but working in CA
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner XCab
    So, I just bought a used 06 PreRunner 4 cyl, 5 speed standard. This is my first non-4WD, non-automatic truck, so I'm unfamiliar with this set-up.

One of the rectangular black plugs to the lower left of the steering wheel is missing. I wasn't worried about it, and figured I find a replacement plug in a junkyard or stick a foglight switch in there.

But then I remembered that PreRunners are supposed to have LRDs, aren't they? And what about the hill assist thing? Now, I'm wondering what was originally in that slot? And how worried should I be that it's not there?

2. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:04 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    Locking rear diff is an option included in the TRD off road package and has nothing to do with being a prerunner. Down hill assist is also an option and im not sure what years its in and what packages. I do not have it.

3. Oct 28, 2009 at 9:08 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Hill Assist is only available on 4x4 models, and if I remember correctly, only on 4x4 v6 models. Also, The only PreRunners that have the E-Locker is the TRD Off-Road PreRunner.

4. Oct 29, 2009 at 6:57 AM
    06dak

06dak Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5 4cyl
    Undercover hard tonneau, Husky front liners
    Somewhere someone asked about what all the blanks were for, search for it and it may clue you in on what is missing...

However, for the 4 cyl PreRunner, all those were blank (I have an '05 SR5). Only V6s got to add the TRD package that includes fogs, inverter, locking diff, clutch start cancel, etc as standard features. Chances are a previous owner installed something after market and took it off before selling it to you.

Products Discussed in

To Top