1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do I need to cut going to 285?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by zakkblack, Jul 16, 2010.

1. Jul 16, 2010 at 9:47 PM
    zakkblack

zakkblack [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zakk
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    Tri-fold cover, tint all around,
    hey guys, just have a question, running 265/70/17 Do I have to cut or trim anything if I go to 285/70/17 because I cannot for warranty purposes. I am looking at Mickey thompsons MTZs (I have an excellent deal) I know they are bigger...any suggestions to get a bigger tire without doing so?

2. Jul 16, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    you gotta trim a little but not much well i didnt have to trim much at stock height with stock rims.i also add 1/4 inch spacer

3. Jul 16, 2010 at 9:51 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
  4. Jul 16, 2010 at 9:58 PM
    rzimm001

rzimm001 Tearmytaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Wildomar
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 Long-Travel
    King 10" coilovers w/ resi. 3.5" over long travel kit. Factory spindles w/ ALLPRO gussets. Total Chaos tower gussets. Energy Poly cab mounts and steering rack mounts. Glassworks fenders and bedsides. Home fabbed bed cage. King 2.5x16 bypass shocks in the rear. DMZ long travel rear end. Race radio (2meter). Removed secondary carbon air filter. Exhaust dumped before the axle / no muffler. Phram fresh air cabin filter. K&N replacement filter, After market stereo, Grillcraft grill, custom fabled roof rack with 7" HID's, PRP race seats.
    If the alignment is in spec and you have a 2.5" lift a little trimming is required and there may be some rubbing on the steel body mounts for the cab which is tolerable and only happens when the wheels is cranked over all the way. With only a leveling kit or less you may need to trim the steel back on the body mounts.

5. Jul 16, 2010 at 10:04 PM
    zakkblack

zakkblack [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zakk
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport
    Tri-fold cover, tint all around,
    I am getting a 3" lift next week but was only doing for the tires, but if i cant get them on without trimming i probably will stick with 265s

Products Discussed in

To Top