1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do NOT buy from Glassworks Unlimited!!!!

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Thoover43, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Nov 2, 2015 at 7:00 PM
    Thoover43

Thoover43 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB Powdered 8in Lift
    3in Toytec lift, 6in Procomp lift powdercaoted to match, SPC upper control arms, Magnaflow exhaust, 35in FUEL tires, 20x12 Fuel Rims, Colormatched everything, 15% tint, BHLM, HIDs, LED interior/tag, LED bed lights, waterport auxilary water tank, TREX angry eye lids
    When I decided to start looking for fiberglass bedsides to replace the damaged OEM one I have, I knew of only two companies, Glassworks Unlimited and Fiberwerx. I read up on both somewhat and heard very few good things about Fiberwerx, and mostly good things about Glassworks. I should have done more research!!!!! Google reviews has 2.5 stars for Glassworks and their complaints are very similar to mine! Heres my story:

September 16th I decide to pull the trigger and buy front fenders, bumper caps, and both bedsides from Glassworks Unlimited. There is no order screen on their website so I call the number. Tim (the owner) answers, takes my order, seemed very friendly and tells me it will be about 2 weeks to make the products. I said fine, no problem! Order total came out to over $1200.

I waited 3 weeks without hearing a single word, email, phone call, or update about my order before deciding to try to contact them. I tried daily for 9 days before getting any reply!!!!! I sent multiple emails, called daily, and left a voicemail every other day....FINALLY Tim replies to an email I titled as ANGRY CUSTOMER! in the subject line on October 13th. His excuse? "Sorry, I was at a race this weekend...." Yes, seriously. He claims my order is in final stages and with ship tomorrow when he will send me a tracking number. 3 days go by.....nothing.

The process starts all over again! Another almost 2 weeks of calling, emailing, leaving voicemails with no reply....I get pissed off, file the claim with my cardholder (luckily I paid credit) to get my money back since I cannot contact them directly for a refund. I email Tim again and tell him about the claim in an attempt to either receive info on my products from him or to actually get my refund. No answer.

Several days later I see on Instagram he posted a picture and was talking with people on there about the picture. I commented on there, being mildly passive agressive, about how I enjoyed seeing how he can run an Instagram page but not give any customer service or support to the people who have already paid him over $1200 6 weeks ago! HE DELETES IT AND STILL DOESN'T RESPOND TO ME!!!!

I decided to post my own instagram picture of his tacoma products with a similar warning as this, alerting people to NOT buy glassworks. Not 10 minutes later I receive a comment from John at glassworks asking me to email him to resolve the issue. Ironic how that works huh?

John of course tries to be polite and asks how he can help. I told him to give me a quick update on my situation, ask for a status update on my products, and tell him I either want a big discount or a full refund due to the headache, lack of service, extended wait times, and still lack of product. He starts off his reply by saying "sorry we dont give discounts and if you want a refund that will be a 35% re-stocking fee." How can I be charged a RE-stocking fee on products that havent even been shipped or possibly even made yet! I never signed any agreement to pay a fee, either verbally, electronically, or physically so I told him that wont fly, I demand a full refund. Obviously I'm super aggravated with everything by this point, Again he tries to sell me on their quality and that I'd be happy once I got them, blah blah blah..... Again I told him to just give me my money back, I want nothing to do with them. He apologized and told me I had to talk to Tim.........WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT?!?!?!?!

I have since sent several emails to both John and to Tim at Glassworks Unlimited, I have called and left several voicemails too. Now neither of them will reply to me. I've contacted my cardholder again and they seem very confident that I should have no problem getting my full amount back as they have no proof of any shipment, delivery, or agreement to a restocking fee of any kind. I HIGHLY recommend against using this company for multiple reasons! DO NOT DO IT! Save or spend your money elsewhere! WORST customer service Ive ever had! Comcast Customer service was 10x better than this, atleast they will admit a problem and act like they are trying to fix it, not just ignore you forever after taking 2 weeks worth of a paycheck.

Arailt, tacomatrd22 and Elevated like this.
  2. Nov 2, 2015 at 7:50 PM
    Smiley52

Smiley52 Insta: @Sm1ley52

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Melbourne, FL
    Vehicle:
    2012 SR5 4x4
    Wow. I'm glad I saw this. I was thinking about buying from glass works. Thanks for the review, after hearing this I'll find somebody else. They seriously just left you without $1200 or a product? Hopefully the cardholder makes it right and then you can get sonethin else.

3. Nov 2, 2015 at 7:55 PM
    Elevated

Elevated Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sergey
    Tracy, CA
    Vehicle:
    97 Tacoma Extended Cab. 3.4L
    Original Tacoma: 6" lift, air bags in the rear, 17x9.5 XD Series rims w/ 35" Cooper STT Pro tires. Body Armor rear bumper with swing arm tire mount, TRD Exhaust, URD True Cold Air intake, TRD Front Brakes, RIGID INDUSTRIES grill and LED bar installed in it, LED Rear Lights, TracRack rack system, tool box. Sold the truck. Bought 2016 ram 2500 Laramie diesel. (7/2016) Picked up 97 Tacoma 4x4 Extended Cab 3.4L. Building motor now. (8/2017)
    Wow man. Sorry to hear. I like that comcast customer service. haha. Good luck.

4. Nov 2, 2015 at 7:56 PM
    ZachPrerunner

ZachPrerunner Sometimes she goes, sometimes it doesn’t

Member:
    Southeast TN
    Vehicle:
    ‘07 TRD Offroad / ‘19 TRD Offroad 4x4
    Sorry to hear about your situation OP. I know far too well about horrible customer service. It's one thing to have a nice product, but when customer service isn't there the company name is at stake. I'm glad you noted your experience with them. Hope everything turns out well :)

5. Nov 2, 2015 at 7:56 PM
    vrod671

vrod671 The Okayest Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Guam
    Vehicle:
    2022 TRD Sport
    Stock
    That's messed up!

6. Nov 2, 2015 at 8:31 PM
    jshsltr

jshsltr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    St Louis
    Wow. I wasn't even thinking of buying anything from them, and now I'm thinking about it even less.

7. Nov 2, 2015 at 8:36 PM
    asuflyr

asuflyr Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma Newbie
    Icons, wheeler 3pak, 255-85-16 KM2's, ...
    Good to hear. I was just about to order from them. No thanks now

8. Nov 2, 2015 at 8:38 PM
    xgalvanxgx

xgalvanxgx seymour butts

Member:
    First Name:
    Gerardo
    OC (Lake Forest) California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off-Road BlackSandPearl 07 PreRunner
    DTF Race Kit with 2.5 x 10 Kings, DMZ SUA rear with 16" triple bypass Kings, King bumpstops front and rear, 17" KMC RG1 powdered in Matte Bronze with black ring with 37" BFG KO2s, front and rear DTF bumpers, front Fiberwerx glass and Mcneil trophy bedsides, K&N 77 Series Intake, Magnaflow, Pioneer touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate 10" sub with box and amp. Dyanamat walls, Andres' devil horn emblem, 50" D4 curved LED bar, rear chase light rack (brake, ambers, white lights) Engine brace, deleted inner wheel wells for max up travel. Cab roll rage built into bedcage.
    That sucks. I'm local and picked em up. I took out $500 cash for bedsides. Didn't even think of tax and he was pretty cool about not charging me the extra tax.

9. Nov 2, 2015 at 8:42 PM
    be_unscared

be_unscared Wardaddy

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Sport 4X4
    Welp, my $1k just went to Fiberwerx.

10. Nov 2, 2015 at 8:43 PM
    bmase11

bmase11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    85 4runner
    6 inch body lift. 24" spinners w/dual exhaust stacks. The works
    Did a quick search on google about them and yeah, everyone says the same thing. Horrible customer service, 1 star rating etc. Sorry about your troubles man, but thanks for the warning.

11. Nov 2, 2015 at 8:54 PM
    el topu

el topu Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    SLC, Ut
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Limited CM TRD Off-road
    That sucks!
    It reminds me of cust service down here in Mexico....

12. Nov 2, 2015 at 8:59 PM
    Phoenix autoworks

Phoenix autoworks Stock but fun!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    95.5 Tacoma 4x4 3.4 manual
    Stock but I use it anyway!!!
    They need to read a chapter out of the @Pelfreybilt book. They could teach these guys a thing or two.

13. Nov 2, 2015 at 9:01 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    That's a common story with Glassworks.

Best fiberglass in the business, worst customer service. Local pick up is the only way to go with them.

14. Nov 2, 2015 at 9:08 PM
    Lyle430

Lyle430 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB TRD Sport Tacoma
    All pro long travel with Fox DSC's, defined sua, Engage bed cage, glassworks fiberglass fenders, dtf front bumper, method wheels,
    I had the same shit happen to me. They lied to me numerous times saying it shipped when it didn't, I could only get a hold of them on insta too. I finally got my glass after 4 ish months and when I got them they forgot my bumper caps. So I figured I would never see those but I got them in a couple months. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that shit anymore and I feel bad for the people that are getting the run around from them.

15. Nov 2, 2015 at 9:13 PM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    i had nothing but good luck with them and time went out of his way to help me.....most reviews are horrible though

16. Nov 2, 2015 at 9:15 PM

-40 Well-Known Member

Member:
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    01 DC Camburg LT & 17 OR OME BP-51
    1 st Gen TRD Supercharger. URD 7th Inj. Camburg 4x4 LT Kit. Tundra Brakes. 3rd Gen just get’n started, OME BP51 Dakar HD, Camburg UCA & various armor.
    Order them thru another company. I had a similar experience w/ glassworks. I Finally used Kartek they had them at my door step in 4 weeks.

17. Nov 2, 2015 at 9:32 PM
    twalchlii1

twalchlii1 Tacotraitor

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wa
    Vehicle:
    2018 GC Trailhawk
    Are floor mats a mod?
    OP. Cancel the order. Call ur credit card co and dispute the charge. Then go inline to your states attorney general website and file a complaint. I guarantee they will respond. As well, I bet no one on Tacoworld will buy from them.
    Bummer for them that's what happens when you ignore your customer base..

18. Nov 2, 2015 at 9:49 PM
    TOY4JMEBOOZE

TOY4JMEBOOZE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Winchester, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Tahoe
  19. Nov 3, 2015 at 10:21 AM
    12TRDTacoma

12TRDTacoma Powered by Ford, GM, VW, and Mercedes

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Concordia
    Vehicle:
    12 TRD Sport DCLB 4x4 Supercharged
    Boosted
    The body shop who did the work on my truck when my door got hit managed to get these for me at the time. I too was having issues getting a hold of them and I was starting to get pissed. Someone from the body shop basically went over there and forced him to ship them out and if he wasn't going to do that then they were going to force him to refund my money.

Apparently what is going on is that the guy is essentially a one man show and does everything himself. Obviously I would not buy from them ever again, but the quality is pretty good. Too bad, they could really have a good thing going if they were to just get more people.

20. Nov 30, 2015 at 2:55 PM
    Thoover43

Thoover43 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB Powdered 8in Lift
    3in Toytec lift, 6in Procomp lift powdercaoted to match, SPC upper control arms, Magnaflow exhaust, 35in FUEL tires, 20x12 Fuel Rims, Colormatched everything, 15% tint, BHLM, HIDs, LED interior/tag, LED bed lights, waterport auxilary water tank, TREX angry eye lids
    UPDATE: STILL not a single word from them, no products have shown up, they blocked me on Instagram and will not return any attempt at contact I have made. Claim is in process through my bank but can take up to 3 months apparently. Now we play the waiting game....

To Top