1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do not buy from Toyota of Longview, Texas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Snoopy48, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:09 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    Welp. Now i understand why

Matic likes this.
  2. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:11 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Sharing is caring. Let's have it.

3. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:34 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    I would venture to say it wasn't even a police officer. Probably one of the sales/service guys. There would be no reason to call the police over a "poor" review. There is absolutely nothing the police could in a case like that.
    If it was about slander, the dealership would have just had a lawyer send you some fancy, schmancy papers with some bs warnings of a lawsuit or some shit.

User Name01 and michael roberts like this.
  4. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:38 PM
    TacomaSport86

TacomaSport86 2010 Tacoma/2016 4Runner Pro

Member:
    Sounds like bs op

5. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:45 PM
    whatstcp

whatstcp currently drunk so don't listen to me

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Fontana, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma Regular Cab 2.7l 4x4
    King + Archive Relocation Wheeler's bumps +hydros
    maybe it was the MAGA MAGA username that scared them a bit :rofl:
    Screenshot 2019-01-28 at 19.44.07.jpg

81shark and Matic like this.
  6. Jan 28, 2019 at 8:16 PM
    L3TT3RS

L3TT3RS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Longview, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra-> Fox/Total Chaos/Coachbuilder
    For what its worth, I've done a lot of business with Toyota of Longview.... both service and purchasing two vehicles there. My experience was the exact opposite of OP. I wish the OP luck. I do believe the ownership has changed two to three times over the last 2- 3 years.... most of not all of my business was when it was owned by Patt Lobb.

7. Jan 29, 2019 at 6:12 AM
    Snoopy48

Snoopy48 [OP] LRM (1943-2017)

Member:
    -
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SRDC
    He guys. To sum up a couple things. Yes, it was a Police Officer for sure (i know him). When a Police Officer gets a call like this, they have to follow through and get the basics so they can determine if there is any legitimacy about it before they can dismiss it and that's all the Officer was doing, no issues there. Besides in Texas, even IF there was something legitimate here, it would have been a civil case. Texas Municipal Police do not deal with civil disputes. He would have had to file in JP court and h ave a Constable contact me. But again, since I have not violated anyone or anything there is nothing that can be done officially.

Yes, this whole thing was about nothing more than the a-hole owner calling the PD because he was mad about my reviews. The officer verified that and we both had a laugh over it. As a former Police Officer myself of over 13 years I have seen some really stupid sh_t but this is a first for me. I can only assume the a-hole owner was hoping the Officer would make me delete all my negative reviews. Well, that ain't NEVER gonna happen now for sure! He apparently wants to start a war with me and I am more than happy to give him one. All I wanted was my truck fixed or replaced and I'm out his door happy with no problem. He has chosen this road for some idiotic reason.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Matic likes this.
  8. Jan 29, 2019 at 6:16 AM
    Snoopy48

Member:
    -
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SRDC
    Patt Lobb is great, NO issues. However, this idiot who took over in November of 2018 is a piece of sh_t!

Fortunately for me, I have a good friend who is a manager at Gulf States in Houston, I have him involved and with this latest immature stunt, he is taking this for me to the proper personnel at Toyota Corp. Sometimes it pays to have friends in the right places.

Matic, Ch78 and FastEddy59 like this.
  9. Jan 29, 2019 at 7:29 AM
    MolonLabeTaco

MolonLabeTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dude
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    '12 DC 4x4 OR
    No, a cop doesn’t have to call you to confirm legitimacy. It’s actually nuts that he did call you. That’s not protocol by any stretch of the imagination for him to call you on this situation.

10. Jan 29, 2019 at 8:12 AM
    81shark

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    just out of curiosity, what exactly is the truck doing? Does the truck shake? When does it happen?

11. Jan 29, 2019 at 8:13 AM
    Snoopy48

Member:
    -
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SRDC
    You are totally wrong. First off, I NEVER said he HAD to call me, the officer knew this was bogus from the start! You are nuts for thinking he shouldn't have called me. He did exactly as he should have, a very thorough job and followed through just exactly as I have trained officers to do in this same kind of situation. However, in a NON-CIVIL related situation, YES, he/she would have to make contact with ALL persons involved! I get sick of having to explain stuff like this to people who do not know what they are talking about... AGAIN, I spent 13+ years as a extensively trained Municipal Police Officer, Deputy Sheriff, Instructor, S.W.A.T., Field Training Officer, SRO, on and on. So, here we go.......(BTW.....this is taught in the first few weeks of the Police Academy), until the officer makes contact with ALL parties involved in a dispute such as this (civil related or non civil related), he/she hasn't completed the initial investigation to the degree that the officer can accurately determine if there is a need for that officer to pursue further action from his/her standpoint. Of course since this IS a civil matter no, he did not have to call me but as I said, he did the right thing in calling to follow through, thus allowing him to properly release him, the City of Longview from any liability, he used very good judgement! I have personally been in this situation too many times to count and I always did the same thing he did. You DO NOT know what you are talking about friend.

This is NOT a thread about me educating you on the Texas Criminal Code of Procedure, Texas Penal Code or the City of Longview Police Department. It is about me sharing my ridiculous experiences with a dumba_s dealership owner who obviously does not understand what the term "Freedom of Speech" means. However, if you would like some training courses in Law Enforcement I will gladly get the mot current State of Texas curriculum from TCLEOSE and you can drive over to Longview for classes. I think $25 an hour would be a fair price don't you? Since the basic academy is now 36 weeks long, and 1431 hours I think I could make a decent amount of money ($35,775.00) from you. Being a FF or Paramedic doesn't make you a Police Officer or knowing the protocols for being one! Maybe some of your "cop buddies" don't follow through and do a half a_s job but the departments I have worked for and the officers I've trained DO NOT work that way!

12. Jan 29, 2019 at 8:14 AM
    Snoopy48

Member:
    -
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SRDC
    Yes, when accelerating from a stop, once it shifts into 4th gear and still while under the power of acceleration, it shudders and feels somewhat like a bumping effect. It does this from 4th on up to 6th gear.

13. Jan 29, 2019 at 8:23 AM
    81shark

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
  14. Jan 29, 2019 at 8:27 AM
    Snoopy48

Member:
    -
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma SRDC
    That is some really good info. However, Toyota has the made the claim to me that this issue has been fixed in the 2019 models. However, the info in that article describes what I'm feeling in my truck pretty much spot on! Toyota needs to back and figure how this is still happening. Thank for the info, I will keep reading up on it.

One thing I have noticed, when the cruise is engaged, it seems to stop the shuddering. When I turn it off, it starts the shudder again.

Products Discussed in

To Top