1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do NOT use Glassworks Unlimited!

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Thoover43, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Nov 2, 2015 at 6:57 PM
    Thoover43

Thoover43 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB Powdered 8in Lift
    3in Toytec lift, 6in Procomp lift powdercaoted to match, SPC upper control arms, Magnaflow exhaust, 35in FUEL tires, 20x12 Fuel Rims, Colormatched everything, 15% tint, BHLM, HIDs, LED interior/tag, LED bed lights, waterport auxilary water tank, TREX angry eye lids
    When I decided to start looking for fiberglass bedsides to replace the damaged OEM one I have, I knew of only two companies, Glassworks Unlimited and Fiberwerx. I read up on both somewhat and heard very few good things about Fiberwerx, and mostly good things about Glassworks. I should have done more research!!!!! Google reviews has 2.5 stars for Glassworks and their complaints are very similar to mine! Heres my story:

September 16th I decide to pull the trigger and buy front fenders, bumper caps, and both bedsides from Glassworks Unlimited. There is no order screen on their website so I call the number. Tim (the owner) answers, takes my order, seemed very friendly and tells me it will be about 2 weeks to make the products. I said fine, no problem! Order total came out to over $1200.

I waited 3 weeks without hearing a single word, email, phone call, or update about my order before deciding to try to contact them. I tried daily for 9 days before getting any reply!!!!! I sent multiple emails, called daily, and left a voicemail every other day....FINALLY Tim replies to an email I titled as ANGRY CUSTOMER! in the subject line on October 13th. His excuse? "Sorry, I was at a race this weekend...." Yes, seriously. He claims my order is in final stages and with ship tomorrow when he will send me a tracking number. 3 days go by.....nothing.

The process starts all over again! Another almost 2 weeks of calling, emailing, leaving voicemails with no reply....I get pissed off, file the claim with my cardholder (luckily I paid credit) to get my money back since I cannot contact them directly for a refund. I email Tim again and tell him about the claim in an attempt to either receive info on my products from him or to actually get my refund. No answer.

Several days later I see on Instagram he posted a picture and was talking with people on there about the picture. I commented on there, being mildly passive agressive, about how I enjoyed seeing how he can run an Instagram page but not give any customer service or support to the people who have already paid him over $1200 6 weeks ago! HE DELETES IT AND STILL DOESN'T RESPOND TO ME!!!!

I decided to post my own instagram picture of his tacoma products with a similar warning as this, alerting people to NOT buy glassworks. Not 10 minutes later I receive a comment from John at glassworks asking me to email him to resolve the issue. Ironic how that works huh?

John of course tries to be polite and asks how he can help. I told him to give me a quick update on my situation, ask for a status update on my products, and tell him I either want a big discount or a full refund due to the headache, lack of service, extended wait times, and still lack of product. He starts off his reply by saying "sorry we dont give discounts and if you want a refund that will be a 35% re-stocking fee." How can I be charged a RE-stocking fee on products that havent even been shipped or possibly even made yet! I never signed any agreement to pay a fee, either verbally, electronically, or physically so I told him that wont fly, I demand a full refund. Obviously I'm super aggravated with everything by this point, Again he tries to sell me on their quality and that I'd be happy once I got them, blah blah blah..... Again I told him to just give me my money back, I want nothing to do with them. He apologized and told me I had to talk to Tim.........WHY DIDNT I THINK OF THAT?!?!?!?!

I have since sent several emails to both John and to Tim at Glassworks Unlimited, I have called and left several voicemails too. Now neither of them will reply to me. I've contacted my cardholder again and they seem very confident that I should have no problem getting my full amount back as they have no proof of any shipment, delivery, or agreement to a restocking fee of any kind. I HIGHLY recommend against using this company for multiple reasons! DO NOT DO IT! Save or spend your money elsewhere! WORST customer service Ive ever had! Comcast Customer service was 10x better than this, atleast they will admit a problem and act like they are trying to fix it, not just ignore you forever after taking 2 weeks worth of a paycheck.

2. Nov 18, 2015 at 10:39 PM
    TacomaQ8

TacomaQ8 New Member

Member:
    Thoover43

GLASSWORKS Unlimited are SPAM and FRAUD!!!

i had the same problem with Tim, and still didn't get my money back i purchased from him 2 sets of Tacoma fender back in July 2014 paid my money through wire transfer from my bank account, Tim assured me that he will ship it to my forwarder since i am not living in the US right now, he was nice in the beginning, as i was waiting for my stuff to get all together at the forwarder warehouse to ship it to me here in Kuwait, i didn't get any thing from Tim i tried to call him million times but no luck in response decided to ship what available and when ever i get a hold of tim i will ship my fenders later after 2 months i got a response and apologizes from John but then John told me that i have to contact Tim directly, i have spoken to time through text messages, He told me that he refunded my money But Obviously Tim is laying sun of a bit$h & from that time until this day i have not gotten a response to my calls/emails/Msgs from Tim nor my fenders shipped and my money is not yet refunded back and still waiting.

ALSO a friend of mine is Dubai purchased couple of sets of fender he paid over 10k and Tim did the same to him also ! No money No fenders.

The cheapness of Tim that its Only $1210 that he is hiding and doesn't want to pay me back

PLEASE EVERY BODY STAY AWAY FROM TIM & JOHN AT GLASSWORKS, SO YOU CAN ENJOY YOUR TRUCKS & YOUR MODS

BTW Tim blocked my account In Facebook, Instagram and every social media account that i post any comment true about him.

#Glassworks_Unlimited_Inc is a SPAM

#Glassworks_fenders is a SPAM

Extra cheesy and mahaloTaco like this.
  3. Nov 18, 2015 at 10:56 PM
    Hurley_man

Hurley_man Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    16 DCSB OR 4x4
    Traded my 2012 sport for the 16
    Damn, sounds like a miserable experience! Sorry gents. Best of luck getting it resolved.

4. Nov 19, 2015 at 10:34 AM
    txmxer

txmxer Well-Known Member

Member:
    California and Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 dc tacoma
    - Total Chaos 3.5 Long travel kit - Fox 2.5 coilovers w/ resis -Prerunner bumper -Fiberglass front fenders -Fiberwerx tt bedsides - Dmz Sua - fox 2.5x16 triple bypasses
    Go to roadrunner glass... they had my bedsides ready in 5 days and held onto them for a few days because I was out of town, on top of that the fit was really good on them compared to the old fiberwerx I had. The glass is a little thinner but nothing to worry about honestly.

Bottom line is most glass companies suck ass, if you're going to order glassworks go through a vendor like kar tek or preferably DMZ because they put in frequent orders and have more of a say (sucks I know). Tim at DMZ (not to be confused with tim from glass works) can get you you're fenders pretty quickly.

Like I said I took a chance on roadrunner glass which is lesser known and they were cheaper and customer service was really good. They're a very small operation so maybe thats why they can pay more attention to the customer, but its all made in mexico in the same or similar plants anyway.

Uncle Creepy likes this.
  5. Nov 19, 2015 at 1:00 PM
    sytfu510

sytfu510 Instagram: tacoma510

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
    Dirt Designs LT kit front and 3 link kit rear SCS Wheels BAMF rack, bumper ,sliders
    Dam, just placed my order a couple days ago for Rear Glass... guess I'll wait and see.

6. Nov 19, 2015 at 8:31 PM
    Anthony250

Anthony250 Ex Fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Rialto CA
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma LT Prerunner
    LSK Race Kit, King Shocks, Methods, Glassworks, Baja Designs, Built by myself.
    Should be alright, just keep on them. I work at shop and we order stuff from time to time my personal bedsides took around 3 weeks, and I just picked them up.

sytfu510[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Nov 20, 2015 at 9:39 AM
    Uncle Creepy

Uncle Creepy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Jalopy
    I agree, Roadrunner has been a great company to deal with.

http://www.roadrunnerfiberglass.net/

8. Nov 23, 2015 at 7:51 AM
    ls1 prerunner

ls1 prerunner Internet Scientist

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    El Paso, TX
    Vehicle:
    19 Golf .:R & 11 4x4 TRD LT S/C
    TRD S/C, Camburg LT, DMZ SUA, SAW Shocks in all four corners, Glassworks hood, fenders and Bedsides, 35" Toyo MT, KMC Enduros
    It bums me out seeing stuff like this. I have ordered from Glassworks three different times and haven't really had any issues. Their quality is very top notch and perfect for play trucks. They use fiberglass cloth rather than the cheaper mat stuff. Fitment was very spot on and straight. My first order for my a customers F150 and my other truck (2 front fenders and 4 bedsides) took about 5 weeks to arrive to Texas and I feel it was more due to anything Thanksgiving and X-Mas being in the way. Second order for my brother's F100 and my Tacoma (2 front fenders and 4 bedsides) also took 5 weeks but I ordered two different pairs of custom glass bedsides. My most recent order for my brother's Ranger and dad's Raptor ( 4 front fenders, 4 bedsides and 1 hood) took 2 weeks to be ready and since I was heading to California I asked him to hold it an extra week so I could pick it up and sure enough it was ready. They helped me load the glass and gave me a bunch of stickers and even hooked me up with some other glass parts (Raptor fender liners). Fiberwerxs in the other hand... we ended up having to dispute the charges and try to return the glass because the fitment was poor and their colored gel coat sucked!! Ended up having to buy another set of bedsides from Trailer Products and are going to have to modify the TT body to fit.

9. Feb 11, 2016 at 10:51 AM
    tonyt915

tonyt915 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    My Name Is Toby!!!
    Tomball, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road
    Pelfreybilt front bumper, SOS skis plates and rear bumper, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon 2.5 w/resi's rear shocks, Dakar lead springs, Warn 9.5ti winch, Oem roofr rack
    Lol I just saw this thread and see Tim hasn't changed. I ordered a 3 piece front clip for my previous vehicle back in 09-10. He was super helpful till I paid. After that, never heard from him again. Took about 6 months of blowing up his phone till I finally got my stuff. He always had an excuse when I would finally get ahold of him. Told me he got into a wreck and been away getting his race truck fixed, then told me the first one was shipped and got damaged in shipping so they sent it back. When the shipping company delivered the "second" clip damaged I asked about first one. They said there was no first one and if it would have been damaged they would have still delivered it to me, not send it back to the shipper. Took another couple weeks to get ahold of him again to tell him it was damaged and he said he would refund repair. Yeah well yall can guess how that turned out. Tim is a lying piece of shit, I'm surprised hes still in business.

10. Feb 11, 2016 at 10:53 AM
    tonyt915

tonyt915 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    My Name Is Toby!!!
    Tomball, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off-Road
    Pelfreybilt front bumper, SOS skis plates and rear bumper, Icon extended travel coilovers, Icon 2.5 w/resi's rear shocks, Dakar lead springs, Warn 9.5ti winch, Oem roofr rack
    Oh and the original quote was a week to build and week to ship.

mahaloTaco likes this.
  11. Feb 11, 2016 at 11:00 AM
    SoCal_Yotas

SoCal_Yotas Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Elias
    Santa Clarita
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD-Sport 4x4
    Sounds like they were taught how to deal with customer service where G&G Lighting was taught:rofl:

mahaloTaco likes this.
  12. Mar 4, 2016 at 5:56 PM
    Boffroad

Boffroad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2005 4Runner V8
    Things that I "need"
    Dang sorry the hear that. I had the same experience with BlitzPro, which is now Flip, however on a much smaller scale money wise. They continued to come up with excuses, then asked for more money. Looks like I won't be submitting any orders with Glassworks.

13. Jul 28, 2016 at 11:45 PM
    mextitan

mextitan Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    1995 Tacoma
    Feel free to come to us. Roadrunner fiberglass. Ask us questions. We are a lot smaller, but do have variety and have cheaper prices than out competitors. Feel free to email us with any questions. Roadrunnerfiberglass@gmail.com

14. Aug 22, 2016 at 3:39 PM
    zidaro

zidaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    mammoth lakes, ca
    Vehicle:
    4x4
    87runner with some mods, 08 V8runner ready to rock
    bought Glassworks for my 08 T4R. Went thru DMZ, had no issues. Glass looks great and seems very good fit/durability

15. Sep 18, 2016 at 12:04 PM
    Mr. Torgue

Mr. Torgue Explosions!!?!!?!?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 7544HHBBP
    LED lighting
    It's been known for awhile in the off road industry that getting bedsides out of Glassworks directly takes a miracle. Best way to get their products is to go through a vendor directly. Someone like Camburg, Kartek or Giant. One off jobs for customers never get done in a timely manner. I know of complaint threads on DR Dezert Dimes, and the rest.

I say good luck, if you can, see if you can go through a larger off road shop or vendor instead.

16. Sep 19, 2016 at 9:46 AM
    sytfu510

sytfu510 Instagram: tacoma510

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
    Dirt Designs LT kit front and 3 link kit rear SCS Wheels BAMF rack, bumper ,sliders
    I got mine a while ago, they were only behind a couple weeks from the ETA they gave me. Went and picked it up.

nfs257 likes this.
  17. Mar 31, 2022 at 6:13 AM
    Socalisurfer13

Socalisurfer13 New Member

Member:
    I use to work at Glassworks Unlimited and since Tim and myself were the only English speaking people in the company I would have to handle most calls as he would stroll in at around 10 or 11 then dick around in his office for another couple of hours until he would take over answering the phones so I could finally go into the back and start pulling orders to box them up and ship them out. So the majority of my shift was answering pissed off people calling wondering where their stuff was and it was simply just sitting up stairs waiting to be sent out and then I would take someone's order and tell them a realistic time frame of when they would be shipped out and 9 out of 10 times I would hear, well I just called a couple of days ago and Tim told me they would be shipped out in 2-3 days and on a lot of these fenders or besides we didn't even have them in stock and they still had to be made which would normally take an entire work week. That place was horrible and then the main reason why I left was I was tired of not being paid ontime when he could clearly have paid me with the amount of new orders we were taking every day (this was all prior to the 2008 downfall and business was booming). On my last day there after about a month of this happening I told him that I was done and wouldn't be coming back and then I took what my check was worth out of the cash we took in that day because my checks were always the exact same amount every month regardless of how many hours I racked up staying late doing "favors" in order to get the KarTek orders completed and boxed up and yet that cheap ass would never pay me for the overtime until I came to him and said I want my overtime money for all these hours ive racked up, well since I asked about fenders and bedsides for my Silverado in the past he brought up how about I just give you them instead of all the cash so I said that's fine but I'm not "paying" retail on them I want them at the wholesale rate and just give me the difference in cash or else I'm out of here and won't be coming back because this is getting ridiculous. So since I had him bent over he agreed but still the amount in materials it cost him to make the fenders and bedsides he was saving a bunch of money by not having to pay me cash for all of my OT. Definitely the worst job and employer I have ever worked for and it was sick hearing this slim ball on the phone lying to customers and then just picking numbers out of his ass for their shipping rates just so he could make even more money out of them that way. Even if we had your order completely ready to go out the door with DHL like an hour away if a customer came in and was going to pay for them right then and there he would take your order away from the shipping pile and rip the shipping label off and give your fenders to that customer and you'd just have to wait even longer for them to be made again and boxed up. And to top it off all you would hear was him bitch all the time about how his ugly ass wife was cheating on him and then you'd have this chick call a couple times a week and every time he said he had to go out for a work meeting and would be gone for about 2 hours banging this chick and I had my suspicions at first but when she came into the office one time and I walked in on them then it was really clear what was really going on.

Extra cheesy and Steves104x4 like this.
  18. Mar 31, 2022 at 6:24 AM
    dually

dually Low and slow

Member:
    Interstate underpass
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno SR5 DCLB

Welcome to TW!

19. Mar 31, 2022 at 6:24 AM
    Steves104x4

Steves104x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2010 RC 2.7 4x4
    BUCKLE UP! It makes it harder for Aliens to pull you out of your Truck.
  20. Mar 31, 2022 at 6:28 AM
    skeletron

skeletron Disgraced Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clark
    Sakerlina
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD Broh

Products Discussed in

To Top