1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do you have a CAI, Temp/Compass, and a Scangauge - what are your temp diffs

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Bobo_1, Aug 23, 2010.

1. Aug 23, 2010 at 9:04 PM
    Bobo_1

Bobo_1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobo
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport L-Bed
    With the stock intake my IAT is anywhere from 2-6 degrees hotter than the the temp sensor for the overhead temp/compass gauge.

If you have a CAI, the Scangauge, and the temp/compass console what temp differences do you see?

2. Aug 23, 2010 at 9:14 PM
    T0LLPHR33

T0LLPHR33 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S1N C1TY...(from Hilo, HI)...
    Vehicle:
    BSP TRD Off-Road
    APR X-1 | TRD CAI w/Clear Cover | TRD Short Shifter w/ TRD "RED" Shift Knob | SGII w/Blendmount| Snugtop SL w/KeyLess Entry | 5% Tint | Pop-n-Lock | Bosch Icon WB | S2K Antenna | HRM | LS 8K Projectors w/BSP HLM & 8K Fogs w/FLM | Debadged |Tinted Tails | Black Weathertechs | MX RGM & RBM | Optima Red Top 35 | Gatorback Belt |
    I'm running the TRD CAI...

in the cooler months my SG2 tells me that my IAT are about 1-3 degrees above ambient air temps...

but during the summer it jumps up to 10-15 degrees above ambient air temps when at a dead stop but will drop down to 3-5 degrees above ambient air temps when on the move...I'm in LV...

3. Aug 23, 2010 at 9:28 PM
    Bobo_1

Bobo_1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobo
    Maryville, TN
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport L-Bed
    Thanks, that is the info I am looking for. From that it appears that with the aftermarket CAI you don't really get lower temps that stock. That is what I expected because of where the IAT sensor is located as well as where air is drawn from. In the CAI kits it sits over the header. The exception being the URD. But, even with the URD CAI your temp diff is only a few degrees. What I don't know is how much fuel/timing change does a few degrees make.

It would be good if someone chimes in that has a different CAI like K&N where the filter is more exposed to the engine bay.

Products Discussed in

To Top