1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Doe down...Somewhere

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by takern, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Oct 14, 2011 at 4:52 PM
    takern

takern [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tanner
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Offroad stepside
    Deckplate mod, sliders, uniden cb, toolbox, dakar leaf pack, in search of coilovers, 255/85 16 bfg m/t waiting to go on
    Lost my first deer ever today. shot her at about 35 yards slightly quartering away. the arrow went in and stuck the far side shoulder so the shaft clogged the entry hole pretty good and it was a little bit high up in the body. all i found was the last 6 inches of my arrow with a tiny bit of blood on the end where she broke it off. i looked for a trail for over 2 hours before it got dark. this is the first deer i ever lost and the feeling sucks hardcore.

2. Oct 16, 2011 at 5:00 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    Hate it man........but it happens. I've lost a couple and the feeling sucks. Maybe though,where you hit wasn't a real good spot and it heals back. Always a possibility.

3. Oct 16, 2011 at 5:02 PM
    YoaterBoater

YoaterBoater Well-Known Member

Member:
    Running tubes, Toolbox
    Man I know the feeling. The first deer I ever saw hunting, I shot it with a 12ga and the damn thing floated down this river when she plumped down. It does suck

4. Oct 18, 2011 at 6:48 PM
    Oat

Oat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2001 Prerunner
    Gibson Exhaust, Painted factory steel wheels, Chrome wheel caps, K&N Air intake, Tint, Regular Bilstein (yellow/blue) all around, Leveling spacer kit upfront, Partially de-badged, Westin Bullbar with skidplate, White, Double Cab Prerunner SR5
    Sorry about that man, atleast your not a asshole that doesnt make the attempt to reconcile it...had one of those happen in the U.P. (mi) and my uncle had to finish it off with a 12 ga when we found it..

Products Discussed in

To Top