1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does anyone know about security camera systems?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by double dee, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Dec 7, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    double dee

double dee [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arizona
    This is a long story so if you don’t want to read the point I am trying to make is I’m trying to find a Security Camera system with a DVR but don’t know much about them. If you know about them and can recommend a decent one for under a couple hundred dollars that’d be cool! Thanks everyone!

The long story…

My friend had a diesel truck with a stereo system that one particular neighbor can’t stand. Usually when he comes over he parks across the street on the opposite side of their house since there is no parking in front my house. One night they came out a yelled at him about it being too loud. He apologized about it and turned it down when he would come over. He hadn’t heard anything about it since. Well about 6 months later my friend got a new truck. It’s the same model and color looks identical but with no stereo system in it. Well he parked across the street and someone called the cops on his truck about where it was parked and said it was very nosey. The cop asked if he could move it and left. Well a couple days later someone decided they were going to let the air out of his back tire. After we aired it up and found out there was no hole the next night his front tire was flat. At this point we realized someone was messing with it. A few days later he parked in my driveway and another tire had the air let out of it. So at this point I was pissed someone would do that when it’s in my driveway. I instantly thought the only person it could be was them. I wasn’t sure so I never said anything. Well a few days later he came over and parked in my driveway and was over for 30 minutes and went to leave and his tire was flat again in my driveway but this time it was slashed. Extremely angry as anyone would be we called the police to make a report although we know they couldn’t do anything without proof. At this point I realized I needed to invest in a camera system to catch the person who was doing this. Well he hadn’t been over in a couple weeks and it had slipped my mind. Tonight he came over after work to pick up a tool and came inside and left in less than 5 minutes. As soon as he left I get a pound on my door. It’s the neighbor across the street. I answer the door and never meeting the guy he says tell your punk friend to turn his stupid radio down I don’t want to hear his crap every time he comes over I’ve got a kid blah blah blah. At this point I want to throw him to the ground and curb stomp him since he pretty much just said I slashed your friend's tire but that could have gone very bad, so all I said to him was okay and shut the door. As much as I would like to go slash every tire on his car that wouldn’t accomplish anything and make things worst. I want to be able to catch him doing it and hand it over to the police. Now I definitely need a camera to catch this POS! I know if he had stayed over his tires would have been flat. So anyone with knowledge in this department would be greatly appreciated!

2. Dec 7, 2011 at 11:46 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    dam, that would piss me off too, get your friend over, and video camera. sounds like you wouldn't have to wait too long for this douchebag to come over and do something. catching him red handed would be better as a "proper beat down might be in order", and the camera is for back up when the police arrive. can't help out with the surveillance cam but you can get one of those deer camera's for cheap and set it up out of sight really easy.

3. Dec 7, 2011 at 11:46 PM
    eagle5521

eagle5521 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    `11 PreRunner DCSB TX
    Check out cctvimports.com they are a local company, from my area, and are now an international company. I bought my system from them and absolutely love it. They have awesome products and great costumer support. I have sent several friends to them who ended up purchasing a security system from them and they feel the same as I do now.

4. Dec 7, 2011 at 11:46 PM
    pancho

pancho Go home Nubbs, street lights are off!

Member:
    First Name:
    Pancho
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    18 Cement OR 4x4 DCSB
    Black out emblems. TRD Pro grille.
  5. Dec 8, 2011 at 2:44 AM
    brians05taco

brians05taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name: