1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Does this mean I have the "new" tailgate?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jordang1102, May 6, 2009.

1. May 6, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    jordang1102

jordang1102 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma Prerunner DC TRD Offroad
    Bed Extender Bed D-Rings
    I bought an 09 Tacoma DCSB Prerunner a few weeks ago and am finding out some of the TSB information you guys have posted. Very helpful, but DAMN I hate to hear that the bed, tailgates and leaf springs aren't up to par when compared to some of the other trucks (GM, Ford...so on). I'm talking strength, not quality...I know Toyota makes a great product, but I wish I didn't have to worry about this.

Anyways, I have a question. I viewed the "Bend Rear Tail Gate" TSB and it said that trucks with VIN's prior to the numbers listed were effected. However, it listed that VIN's after the numbers listed had the new upgraded tailgate. I think I'm in the clear, however, even if I am I'm still very disappointed in how cheap my tailgate feels. Can you guys look at the info below and double check me? I'm not sure what the "#" signs are saying. Does this mean that that number does not matter?

Production Change Effective VIN:
    3TM Prerunner
    3TM###2N#8M014063

My VIN: 3TMJU62N79M079455

Am I correct that my VIN is after the change?

Thanks,
    Jordan

PS: I'm not flaming Tacomas....I LOVE MY TRUCK! I just wish I didn't have to worry about weak components.

Products Discussed in

To Top