1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door Noise

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by alexander323bc, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Dec 17, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    alexander323bc

alexander323bc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Buffalo New York
    Vehicle:
    4cyl access cab
    Sorry if this is already posted I read through the other threads but could not find anything that was directly related to my issue. I have an 2011 4x4 access cab 4cylinder. I keep noticing this weird cracking sounds coming from both doors. I thought it was the speakers so I turned them off noise is still there. Sound only happens when the truck is moving so I am presuming its Wind Noise. The other posts I read said it was coming from the windshield but I hear it in my doors. Anyone have any Idea's? It is much appreciated cause that sound is really annoying!!!!

2. Dec 17, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    Juggernaut

Juggernaut Captain

Member:
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    18 PreRunner TRD OffRoad DCSB
    Check the bottom of your doors where the seat belt attaches, that's where it was for me. Dealer put in a washer and it was as good as new. (well better actually)

3. Dec 17, 2010 at 6:06 PM
    AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk Science!

Member:
    The North East
    Vehicle:
    2010 5 speed 5 lug
    :)
    Mine makes a similar sound. If you look at the inside door panels there is a top section which is black, and a lower grayish section...When you close the door, there is a bit of the door which is hidden by the side of the dash. On that portion of the door, the black upper section was vibrating against the lower gray section on my door panels, and creating a fairly annoying noise. I hope this makes sense.

Products Discussed in

To Top