1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door Panel

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Reaver, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Oct 31, 2010 at 9:15 AM
    Reaver

Reaver [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 DLX
    I need to remove the door panel so that I can get at the lock so I can get the number off that thing (the truck has been rekeyed) and get new keys. I have a 1995 tacoma 4x4 ext cab and I searched and the only thing I found was but I tried that and Im guessing it doesn't apply to my year/trim for the tacoma. So how do I get the door panel off? no power windows/locks.

2. Oct 31, 2010 at 10:25 AM
    Reaver

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 DLX
    ok i managed to get the door panel apart. any idea where exactly on the lock the code is, so I can get new keys made? A picture would be worth at least a thousand words :)

3. Oct 31, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    Reaver

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    95 4x4 DLX
    alright well I found the code on the lock cylinder. Instead of deleting this thread I'll leave it open in case someone searches. You do NOT need to take the cylinder itself out, grab some wd-40 and a rag and clean that cylinder, you will have to break the plastic, but only the corner to get at it. But like I said, dont take the door handle or the cylinder out, just clean it and you can see the code there, I actually got my camera out and zoomed in on the code and took a picture. Good luck!

4. Nov 8, 2010 at 2:23 PM
    Rodeo73

Rodeo73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4x4
    Grizzly Chrome Rollbars (Double Bar Single Kicker), Smittybilt Chrome Light Bar, 5 6" Chrome Off Road Lights, Smittybilt Chrome Nerf Bars, Smittybilt Chrome Pushbar w/ Chrome Wrap-Arounds, Diamond Plate Rail Caps, Diamond Plate Tailgate Cover, Bed Mat, Black Mudflaps w/ Chrome Weights, 2" Bushwacker Fender Flares, Stainless Rock Guards, Bilstien Shocks, Tinted Windows, Vent Visors, K&N Air Filter, Toyota Hood Deflector, 15" Chrome Mod Rims w/ 31x10.50 Tires, Hidden Hitch Receiver, Wet Okole Seat Cover (lt. grey & black), UltraGauge
    I just had a new key cut for my tacoma. The dealer just asked for my VIN # and cut a new key. Didn't even need to trace the old key or anything.

Products Discussed in

To Top