1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Door Speakers and Tweeters

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by garyinok, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Oct 26, 2015 at 11:28 AM
    garyinok

garyinok [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    I just picked up my 2016 Tacoma and I am looking to add an amp and improved speakers. I got the non-JBL. I have a BitOne signal processor and Audison amp, but my question is on the speakers. I think the doors are 6X9" but are they full range? I want to put a set of 6X9" Coaxial in the door and replace or eliminate the existing tweeters in the dash. I am trying avoid running new wires, so I would be tapping into the existing wiring harness. I am assuming that the signal going to the door speakers is full range and that any crossover is done on the tweeter. Not sure if that is a good assumption.

Thanks;

smillerv2 likes this.
  2. Oct 26, 2015 at 11:53 AM
    Rus TRD

Rus TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Pa.
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC TRD Sport
    Bilstein 5100 with 884 Springs. Full audio system. Stealth 6 Wheels. Cali led light.
    Here's something to think about if you want to save money. My friend owns a Audio store and the installer is a fiend of mine. Back when I had my 2008 TRD I had him put in a Kenwood head unit and 4 channel amp and sub and amp. I was planning on changing out the speakers which I did with Memphis audio 6x9 for the door but at the time they were taking longer to ship to his store. So he left the factory speakers in till they came in. For being a factory speaker running Rockford Fosgate amp on them they sounded pretty good. We don't know how long they would of lasted but they can handle more power then the Toyota head unit puts thru them.

3. Oct 27, 2015 at 9:23 PM
    smillerv2

smillerv2 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Loveland, Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2016 Red Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road
    I'm looking to do the same thing with my non-JBL system. Let us know how yours turns out.

Products Discussed in

To Top