1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Doors Not Auto. Locking Anymore...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by YayAreaTaco0311, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Feb 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM
    YayAreaTaco0311

YayAreaTaco0311 [OP] Motivator

Member:
    California
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD 4x4 O/R Supercharged
    OEM TRD supercharger, OEM wheels painted black by me, yellow sidemarkers, arb bumper, LED interiors, roll-n-lock, 5% rear windows, mudflaps removed, protector alarm, mobile trace, blacked out front Toyota emblem, debadged, & tree air freshener.
    Hey Tacos,

My 2005 Taco. PreRunner w/TRD off-road will not auto. lock anymore. What I mean by auto. lock is that whenever the truck is unlocked without having a key in the ignition, the doors should auto. lock after a minute or so.

My Taco. doesn't do that anymore. Could it be due to disconnecting the battery? I had to disconnect the battery to clean the contacts because my truck was having some trouble starting up due to the dried up dirt and mud that surrounded it. The truck starts up fine right now but it's just the auto. lock thing that concerns me.

When I got out of class yesterday evening, I went to get my Taco. and discovered the interior light was on and the driver side door unlocked. Every single time before I leave my Taco., I always double check to see if it's locked by pulling on all 4 door handles. Yesterday was no exception. I arrived to school early and did the security check on the Taco.... I'm glad nobody got into my truck and certainly glad nothing was taken.

Appreciate any help I can get. Thanks and have a safe Taco. day!

2. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    I'm pretty sure the Taco never had that feature. Sounds like you have an aftermarket alarm with the passive feature setting turned on.

Might have just accidently hit the wrong button combination and disabled it on your remote.

Grab the manual and see if you can find anything about the passive arming feature.

*edit*
    Just noticed you disconnected the battery. This most likely defaulted the settings on your alarm. Just need to change it back.

3. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:04 PM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    The '09 I had and the '10 I have do this. I want to know how to disable it. Its going to lead to me being locked out of my truck one day. I notice it most when I hit unlock on the fob and fiddle around outside for too long. The truck will lock itself back up.

4. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM
    raskal311

raskal311 Well-Known Member

Member:
    S. Cal
    5100 set to max, pending LSD and TRD CAI
    I don't have that option but I did have them remove the optional alarm and oped to go with only the keyless entry.

5. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    my '05 locks its self after I unlock and dont start it up or anything and its just the factory set up

6. Feb 3, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    jamesglynn

jamesglynn James

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road, Dble Cab, Magnetic Gray
    My 2010 TRD does this. It is only when the truck is locked and I am outside. Then if I use the remote to unlock and don't open the door within so many seconds they will self lock. This is the only time I have ever noticed this feature. My 04 had the save feature and not long before I traded it, I had the battery changed, and doing this did not disable the self lock feature. Sounds as if there is some electrical issue going on.
    Good Luck

7. Feb 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM
    05Moose

05Moose Middle-Aged Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    In the snow (NorCal)
    Vehicle:
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 #8 (LSD, Tow Pkg)
    '05 4x4 DC LB SR5 (LSD & Tow Pkg), Timbrens, AAL, 5100s (1.75), Owned: 12/3/04 Mods: Fog, Map/Dome Light, Illuminated 4wd Switch, Washable Cabin Air Filter
    Agreed. Most toyotas do this as part of the keyless entry (alarm or not). It's a necessary safety feature. Whether your truck is locked or not, if all the doors are shut and you press the unlock button on the remote but don't open any doors, it's supposed to lock all the doors in 30 seconds. That way if you unlock it and never get into it, then walk away it will relock for you. Same goes if you get on the bus and accidentally hit the unlock button on the remote. It'll relock for you.

To the OP, if your interior light was on, then it sounds more like you either had just hit the unlock or a door was ajar.

8. Feb 3, 2010 at 3:20 PM
    THROUGHITALLDUDE

THROUGHITALLDUDE Someone didnt put the tailgate down!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Southern California
    Vehicle:
    2005 Silver Tacoma
    285-75-17 Definity ATs - 16'' Chrome Moto Metal 951s - 4'' Maxtrac spindles - Rear Icon Progressive Leaf Pack - Magnaflow exhaust - Aftermarket LED Taillights - BHLM - Custom Wet Okle Seat Covers - Moog Tire Rods - US Spec Ipod - K&N High Flow Filter - Daytime Running Lights - TRD Skid Plate - Grillcraft - Hellas Mounted behind the grill
    I agree i have a 05 and if i unlock the truck but dont get in (like if i am talking to someone outside my truck) after like a minute it locks itself back up

9. Feb 3, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    travelingman

travelingman What would Scooby do?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    07lb4x4DC
    ticking eng.mo,ventvisors,locking tailgate,wheelmasters ss spare tire inflation line,weathertech mats
    My 07 self locks also if I unlock it with the remote and don't open the door. By the way, I picked up a little gadget that you plug a 9 volt battery on the end and plug it into your cig lighter and it saves everything when you disconnect your battery.Got it at Walmart for about 5.00.

Products Discussed in

To Top