1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Double Cab Back Seat Pull Tab Fix

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by alexretama, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Dec 31, 2012 at 4:48 PM
    alexretama

alexretama [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner
    HornBlasters Train Horn, Onboard Air System, 3" Spacer Lift, Black Plasti dipped emblems and fog light sleeves, Bed Pocket Lock Mod
    The other day I went to get something from behind the seat and I got this

[​IMG]

Followed by trickling plastic down inside the seat:mad:
    At this point I thought I was SOL aside from going to the dealership which I really did not want to do.

Problem #1
    I keep all my tools behind the seat

Luckily I had this little tool laying around that seemed to work perfect for this project because its really rigid. Due to how much effort it takes to release the seat latch, I dont think a coat hanger would work.

[​IMG]

Now for a little fishing...
    I stuck this guy down the slit in the seat and felt around for a while with no luck. A good, small flashlight will make this 1 million times easier.

youre looking for a little eye that looks like this

[​IMG]

And from the inside

[​IMG]

hook it, give it a good pull and youre in business because the rest is cake

[​IMG]

Now to remove the plastic liner on the back of the seat. There are 3 screws holding it in place. One in plain sight in the middle at the bottom of the liner

[​IMG]

And one on each end under these covers that you can pry right up

[​IMG]

to remove the liner, lift the bottom of the liner off the back of the seat and pull the whole thing tward the botto of the seat.. There are 3 plastic hooks that hold it in place that look like this

[​IMG]

Ok now you have this... go to the drivers side of the truck

[​IMG]

Remove the two 14mm mounting bolts and the entire latch mech comes right out

[​IMG]

Re attach the pull tab.. I noticed the eye is threaded so I used a screw, nut and a couple of washers and tightened the piss out of it after a little thread locker.

[​IMG]

I used my tool to pull the tab back up through the seat by putting it through hooking it and pulling it out

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now just put the latch back on the mounting bracket, put your truck back together, crack a cold one and gather round it with your buddies taking turns saying "mmhmmmm"
    :cheers:

To Top