1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Double Sided Tape - Fiber optic shotgun sights. - Turkeys

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by hobiecat111629, Mar 22, 2018.

1. Mar 22, 2018 at 12:45 PM
    hobiecat111629

hobiecat111629 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma Access Cab
    I've never been Turkey hunting before, but a friend invited me to hunt his land with him when spring turkey season starts in April. I've actually only been hunting twice in my entire life (rabbit and pheasant) and never hit anything either time, so my hopes of calling a turkey are low. I 've got two barrels for my shotgun and figured that the 23.5" Poly-choke barrel that I never use might actually be pretty good for turkey hunting. I picked up some fiber optic sights and slapped them on, but apparently didn't get the rib clean enough and they fell off went I went to the range to pattern it.

I went up to home depot on my lunch break and none of the double sided tape was as thin as what had come with the sights. Anyone know where the heck to find the super thin, super strong stuff? Or another viable non-permanent adhesive that will hold them on the rib?

Also any general Turkey hunting, cleaning, cooking suggestions are nice too.

2. Mar 22, 2018 at 1:01 PM
    Yukon

Yukon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2009 Magnetic Grey SR5

I used to have fiber on a 870. The front sight that came in the (kit) I could never get to stay on. The rear sight clamped onto the vet rib so that worked...kinda. I ended up just getting the three pack from walmart of clip on fiber optic that just sits behind your original bead. That has lasted probably 5 years and still going strong. It's not necessary at all to have but it does help.

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Front-Shotgun-Remington-Benelli/dp/B000LC2AMI?th=1

As for tips and tricks: I rarely have luck with shock calls. So what I do is get up and I'm walking around in the dark before first light. I will cluck a couple times and if nothing responds keep walking another 100-200 yards and cluck again. If you can get to your hunting land the evening before you can catch them gobbling once in the roost then you know where they are the next morning.

I like using mouth calls and only use the ones that are under $5 because 1. I loose them all the time and 2. I can use them for coyote hunting too by howling with them.

Cleaning I would watch some youtube videos that's by far the easiest way to learn.

3. Mar 22, 2018 at 1:08 PM
    rnish

rnish Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Maryland (USA)
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma 2nd gen
    King's, Camburg UCA, Dirt King LCA, armor
    Tip: With a shotgun aim at the head and neck.

Products Discussed in

To Top