1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

"Doubt in maintenance"

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by hector_lopez, Jul 31, 2009.

1. Jul 31, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    hector_lopez

hector_lopez [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi, my name is Hector from Puerto Rico and my question is, I buy a Tacoma 2005 4wd in a Toyota dealer as a used car, I need to know if is good practice to change the (dif and transfer fluid) and the (trans fluid), the mileage is 59,000. My question is because I don’t know if the previous owner do that and I want to keep my truck in good shape. I change the motor oil and filter, spark, brake pads, only lacks (dif and transfer fluid, trans fluid, motor air filter, gas filter) thanks for you help

2. Jul 31, 2009 at 3:32 PM
    johnecon2001

johnecon2001 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Sport 4x4 Access Cab
    Downey front skid, Trail Gear U-Bolt flip, Toytec AAL, Total Chaos UCA's, Bilstein 5100's x4 + Eibach adjustable coils, Doug Thorley Long Tube Headers, Custom Rear bumper, TRD OffRoad front tow hook, TRD Trail Team wheels, Federal Couragia M/T 265's, ARB rear locker + on board air (CKMA12), TRD shift knob, Alpine W205, TRD seat covers, Tom Woods 1 Piece drive shaft, Powermaster D2700, Stubbs HD-SKO Sliders.
    Hector, the diffs are supposed to be changed around 25k to 30k miles. If the truck was serviced by the dealer, they've hopefully been changed at least once.

I'd say now is the perfect time for you to be sure you have some good oil in them.
    Rear diff, transfer case and front diff. The transmission (if you have an automatic) is a sealed unit and is not (easily) user serviceable. The oil is supposedly good until 100k miles.

3. Jul 31, 2009 at 3:44 PM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.
    Welcome, Hector

i would go ahead and change the differentials and tranfer case oil just to be sure. peace of mind is priceless. also...there is not a fuel filter to change...it is inside the fuel tank.

spend some time looking around the site...lots of good information about your truck.

4. Jul 31, 2009 at 5:08 PM
    hector_lopez

hector_lopez [OP] New Member

Member:
    Thanks everybody for the responce,I appreciate that.

5. Jul 31, 2009 at 5:34 PM
    grivera

grivera Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hanover, MD
    Vehicle:
    '08 DC SR5 4x4, Desert Sand Mica
    Rear Suspension TSB, Bilstein 5100 on all 4 corners-fronts set at 1.75". BFG A/T's @ 265/75/16; Access LE Roll-up cover; Iron Cross Tube SS Steps; Fumoto valve; WeatherTech Liners; AFE Pro-Dry; front side windows tinted 20%; TW Decal!
    Welcome aboard fellow "Boricua!"

6. Jul 31, 2009 at 7:02 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Welcome to TW!
    If you have any doubts, change the fluids. Its not that much for the peice of mind. :)

Products Discussed in

To Top